1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Shoma's planning to add a "4Lz" and backloading 2 4Fs so it's looking like he's going for the 166.20 BV. :facepalm: In light of CJH's injury, I just want everyone to stay healthy...

Are you sure it's two 4F? Or two 4T? He's been doing two 4T at shows but it's not like if he does one 4F on the second half he can't do two. Either case, it's not like Shoma has a lot of choice but to add a new quad to keep up with Yuzu and Nathan (and Boyang). He needs that 4Lz as much as Yuzu may need in the end.

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

Are you sure it's two 4F? Or two 4T? He's been doing two 4T at shows but it's not like if he does one 4F on the second half he can't do two. Either case, it's not like Shoma has a lot of choice but to add a new quad to keep up with Yuzu and Nathan (and Boyang). He needs that 4Lz as much as Yuzu may need in the end.

Aaah.. might've misunderstood that tweet.. Sorry! :slinkaway: "My opening jump is a 3A but I'm looking to replace it with a 4Lz. My second jump is a 4F". But yeah.. I'm guessing if that 4Lz doesn't work out he might do 2 4Fs instead.  Aaaaaaaaaaah....... (that's all I have to say for now... haha). Just stay healthy everyone.

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Aaah.. might've misunderstood that tweet.. Sorry! :slinkaway: "My opening jump is a 3A but I'm looking to replace it with a 4Lz. My second jump is a 4F". But yeah.. I'm guessing if that 4Lz doesn't work out he might do 2 4Fs instead.  Aaaaaaaaaaah....... (that's all I have to say for now... haha). Just stay healthy everyone.

Oh yeah, that article is a bit weird and confusing because it mentions 4F as second jump. But that'd mean he's not doing a 4Lo then? I doubt it. Though it wouldn't surprise me if he tried two 4F plus the 4Lz. I think he wants to be the first Japanese man to land 5 quads, according to google translate on the original article.

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Oh yeah, that article is a bit weird and confusing because it mentions 4F as second jump. But that'd mean he's not doing a 4Lo then? I doubt it. Though it wouldn't surprise me if he tried two 4F plus the 4Lz. I think he wants to be the first Japanese man to land 5 quads, according to google translate on the original article.

It might be that his success rate with the 4Lo diminished when he placed his blades back to the centre of the boot rather than off to the side? Or he sees that having both a 4Lz and 4F seems to be the magic jumps for judges...

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

It might be that his success rate with the 4Lo diminished when he placed his blades back to the centre of the boot rather than off to the side? Or he sees that having both a 4Lz and 4F seems to be the magic jumps for judges...

He needs the 4Lo to do 5 quads though. Unless he removes a 3A.

24 minutes ago, xeyra said:

At first I was like, wait I thought Nathan already been there done that, but then I had to reread "Japanese man" and oh boy Yuzu's competitive fever is going to run high on this one.

Just now, anyanee said:

Isn't Shoma have both wrong edge and prerotation issue on Lz jump?

He's trying to fix his edge. Whether he succeeds and whether the 4Lz gets ratified during the season we'll know soon enough.

1 minute ago, Forcefield said:

At first I was like, wait I thought Nathan already been there done that, but then I had to reread "Japanese man" and oh boy Yuzu's competitive fever is going to run high on this one.

This was a rough Google translation. Could just be the article writer fanning the flames of the Hanyu vs Uno saga they so love and not something Shoma expressed himself. 

hace 31 minutos , kaeryth said:

Mishin in his recent interview mentioned that the PC Olympic champion should have 4F or 4Lz, but I am not sure all the judges feel the same. Just look at Javi, judges like him despite having only two types of quads. And Plushenko lost OGM to quadless skater. 

6 minutes ago, xeyra said:

This was a rough Google translation. Could just be the article writer fanning the flames of the Hanyu vs Uno saga they so love and not something Shoma expressed himself. 

Got it. Whether Shoma said it himself or not though *shakes fist at the media anyway*

48 minutes ago, Floria said:

Mishin in his recent interview mentioned that the PC Olympic champion should have 4F or 4Lz, but I am not sure all the judges feel the same. Just look at Javi, judges like him despite having only two types of quads. And Plushenko lost OGM to quadless skater. 

Meh, I don't think Mishin's words are more than his opinion. Of course 4Lz and 4F are useful to have in this field as BV boosters, but in the end you still have to land everything. It won't matter how many more quads someone has if they're not clean (cleanish? You know what I mean).

Unless Olys end up being the splatfest to end all splatfests, of course... but then the less-splatted one still wins, usually :__D

Also, about Shoma's 4Lz: good to know he's working on his edge, still on the fence about him managing to fix that and stabilize the quad at the same time. We'll see how it goes, but kudos to him if he manages :scratch2: