10 минут назад, sweetwater сказал:

Cannot see the image :smiley-confused001: (is it an image of the bread you baked?)

But the images I found on Google look so delicious :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:and making a dough must be relaxing and fun.

Sorry for the photo:13877886: Yes, I just finished baking it and, you are totally right, making a dough always makes me feel much calmer)

15 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Sorry for the photo:13877886: Yes, I just finished baking it and, you are totally right, making a dough always makes me feel much calmer)

Aww, thank you! :thanks: Wow, it looks so cute and delicious :img_21:
I can imagine how it smells. (Smell of baking bread is heavenly...)

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2018 at 4:10 AM, MajaHled said:

So, with the Olypics officially upon us, I have initiated my stress-origami folding :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp: I only had gradient paper around, and now the model reminds me of one of those medieval pants, where each side has a different color :facepalm:

xknGWVh.jpg

Edit: I don't seem to be able to get the image to embed :laughing: https://imgur.com/xknGWVh

Oooh do you have instructions for this one?!

On 2/9/2018 at 10:37 PM, Mastyaeva said:

And this, because it looks amazing! Recipe! 

7 часов назад, WinForPooh сказал:

Recipe

Here you are :10815002:

Hokkaido bread recipe

(Translated by me, here is the original recipe I used (with photos!) in Russian: https://www.edimdoma.ru/retsepty/40154-yaponskiy-molochnyy-hleb-hokkaydo-hokkaido-milk-loaf-mk-po-formirovaniyu )

Ingredients

FOR “TANGZHONG” COMPONENT:
Flour - 2 tbsp. (rounded)
Milk - 4 tbsp.
Water - 4 tbsp.
-------------------------------
FOR THE DOUGH:
Eggs - 1.
Milk - 30 ml.
Cream 15% - 30 ml. (can be easily replaced by milk)
Sugar - 40 gr.
Salt - 1 tsp.
Flour - 400 gr.
Yeast - 5-6 gr.
Butter - 30 gr.
Milk powder - 1 tsp. (optional)
Vegetable oil - 20 ml. (for the mold)

STEP 1

First you need to cook “tangzhong”. To do this, mix flour, milk and water. Mix it up meticulously to avoid lumps. Put the mixture on a slow fire and cook until thickens while mixing constantly. It should look like a very thick sauce (takes 2-3 minutes, maybe less). Remove from heat, let cool (be careful, I only managed to do this step properly on the second try).

STEP 2
The dough. You can mix it in a food processor with a kneader. Of course, you can mix it yourself. First you need to mix the egg, milk, cream and tangzhong ingredient.

STEP 3
Then add sugar, salt, half flour, yeast. Mix for about two minutes.

STEP 4
Add soft butter and mix for several minutes. The dough should be homogeneous, but sticky.

STEP 5
Put the dough on a table, abundantly sprinkled with flour. Add the remaining half of the flour, knead the dough (you will probably need a bit more flour).

STEP 6
Oil the mold, put the dough in, cover with a towel, let it rise in a warm place.

STEP 7
The dough should increase at least twice in an hour.

STEP 8
Flatten the dough slightly. Divide into three approximately equal parts.

The formation of the bread. Take the first part of the dough. Use rolling pin to roll into a long oval. Cut the left side toward the center.

STEP 9
Cut the right side toward the center.

STEP 10
Turn the dough so that the “seams” are on the table (upside down). With a rolling pin, slightly roll the reverse side.

STEP 11
Roll the dough into a “cochlea”. Put it into an oiled mold (pen).

STEP 12
Form the remaining parts the same way and put them in the mold.

STEP 13
Cover the mold with a towel and let rise in a closed and warm place for 30-40 minutes.

STEP 14

Preheat your oven to 180 degree C. Bake for 50 minutes.

I suggest wrapping your baked bread into a wet towel to keep it fresh for a few days. :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

So I decided to bake a cake and - he he he - didn't notice a crucial part of the recipe that said 'divide batter and bake in 9-inch pans'. So I have a literal uprising in my oven right now and there's nothing I can do about it. :dpooh:

Opening the oven just a little might make the air within the cake escape, but I'm not sure, you probably already solved it - or the cake conquered your oven :embSwan:

Hace 1 hora, WinForPooh said:

So I decided to bake a cake and - he he he - didn't notice a crucial part of the recipe that said 'divide batter and bake in 9-inch pans'. So I have a literal uprising in my oven right now and there's nothing I can do about it. :dpooh:

Oh nooooo!!!!! Could you still use it?! :facepalm:

26 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Opening the oven just a little might make the air within the cake escape, but I'm not sure, you probably already solved it - or the cake conquered your oven :embSwan:

25 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Oh nooooo!!!!! Could you still use it?! :facepalm:

I lowered the temperature, toggled between heating both top and bottom and only turning on the bottom coil, cracked open the door every few minutes for a few seconds, and baked it for longer. And it's the best chocolate cake I've ever baked, it just rose out of the baking tin like a little tower. I have no idea how it happened but this is the best chocolate cake I've ever baked. That I've ever had. I decided not to frost it because it's just so delicious and soft and perfectly baked. My masterpiece, and I will never ever be able to replicate it because the baking process was just dumb luck! 

I hope I never miss that line again in a recipe. Seriously, I was supposed to divide it and bake it in two tins. And instead I just baked it in one 9-inch tin. And I got the perfect chocolate cake tower. I don't know anything anymore.

23 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I lowered the temperature, toggled between heating both top and bottom and only turning on the bottom coil, cracked open the door every few minutes for a few seconds, and baked it for longer. And it's the best chocolate cake I've ever baked, it just rose out of the baking tin like a little tower. I have no idea how it happened but this is the best chocolate cake I've ever baked. That I've ever had. I decided not to frost it because it's just so delicious and soft and perfectly baked. My masterpiece, and I will never ever be able to replicate it because the baking process was just dumb luck! 

I would normally be jealous, but today I ate a bunch of ice cream from the ice cream shop in which I work and it was damn delicious. It's really one of the most delicious ice creams I have ever eaten - and in Italy, there are many good ones! 

Chocolate cake is good but I usually behave and manage not to overeat it. Something I cannot resist, though, are cinnamon rolls. That's why I never do them. I am damned if I do.