katonice

Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2018, Jan 22 to 27 2018, Taipei City/TPE

31 minutes ago, katonice said:

Oh my gosh! 4CC tickets this year are free! :eeking:

https://twitter.com/notgneissatall/status/904637245688135681

They're not going to have many skaters competiting, due to it being Olympics season, which is probably why. Great way to get some people to come watch FS, though, even if none of their bigger favorites might be going there. 

Edit: Actually, I expect Shoma might go! And maybe Boyang as well?

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

They're not going to have many skaters competiting, due to it being Olympics season, which is probably why. Great way to get some people to come watch FS, though, even if none of their bigger favorites might be going there. 

Yeah, especially for those who reside in Taiwan, it's a rare opportunity to experience a prestigious international event like this.

I'm very tempted to go, but then I think about the flight and hotel expenses...

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Edit: Actually, I expect Shoma might go! And maybe Boyang as well?

I think those skaters who won't skate at the Team Event may go to 4CC. I doubt others will go. Shoma might go to 4CC if he won't compete at the Team Event.

In 2014 none of them competed at both 4CC and Team Event (Kanako, Zijun, So-Youn Park, Misha or Denis Ten).

34 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I think those skaters who won't skate at the Team Event may go to 4CC. I doubt others will go. Shoma might go to 4CC if he won't compete at the Team Event.

In 2014 none of them competed at both 4CC and Team Event (Kanako, Zijun, So-Youn Park, Misha or Denis Ten).

I don't know if having to skate in the Team Event would deterr Shoma. He made a strategy out of multiple competitions in a short time last season that really worked for him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he also attempted to go to 4CC. Team Event only begins on the 9th, and 4CC ends on January 27, which leaves at least a week and a half for him to get to PyeongChang. Timezone will be the same, yes? So, I kind of expect him to go to 4CC, though wouldn't be surprised if he didn't go either.

If I recall correctly, 4cc when held in Taiwan has always been free. FS is not a big sport and this is their way of promoting it. Although majority of the audience ends up composed of Japanese or Chinese from Mainland China anyway.

7 hours ago, xeyra said:

I don't know if having to skate in the Team Event would deterr Shoma. He made a strategy out of multiple competitions in a short time last season that really worked for him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he also attempted to go to 4CC. Team Event only begins on the 9th, and 4CC ends on January 27, which leaves at least a week and a half for him to get to PyeongChang. Timezone will be the same, yes? So, I kind of expect him to go to 4CC, though wouldn't be surprised if he didn't go either.

Gangneung is +1 hour to Taipei City.

Shoma did back-to-back competitions at 4CC and AWG last season within a week so, yes, he may choose to go 4CC, but I think it will depend on many things. We'll see.

On 9/4/2017 at 2:51 AM, katonice said:

Oh my gosh! 4CC tickets this year are free! :eeking:

https://twitter.com/notgneissatall/status/904637245688135681

They're almost always free, IIRC.

On 9/4/2017 at 3:22 AM, katonice said:

Yeah, especially for those who reside in Taiwan, it's a rare opportunity to experience a prestigious international event like this.

I'm very tempted to go, but then I think about the flight and hotel expenses...

Taiwan hosts a lot of events. Mostly 4CC and junior worlds last year :) Counting 2018, 3 times 4CC in 5 years. So not so rare, but still an AWESOME opportunity!

7 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

They're almost always free, IIRC.

Taiwan hosts a lot of events. Mostly 4CC and junior worlds last year :) Counting 2018, 3 times 4CC in 5 years. So not so rare, but still an AWESOME opportunity!

Yeah, I discovered 4CC in Taiwan is usually free. I wonder why I'd never gone before.

I'll maybe take a peek at ticket sales later today, and debate whether I'll make the effort to go.

On 9/4/2017 at 4:25 AM, kaeryth said:

If I recall correctly, 4cc when held in Taiwan has always been free. FS is not a big sport and this is their way of promoting it. Although majority of the audience ends up composed of Japanese or Chinese from Mainland China anyway.

51 minutes ago, katonice said:

Yeah, I discovered 4CC in Taiwan is usually free. I wonder why I'd never gone before.

I'll maybe take a peek at ticket sales later today, and debate whether I'll make the effort to go.

For a country that has like 2 ice rinks and no born and bred skaters (that I know of?) they do seem to play figure skating a lot on TV. The last time I was there every time I turned on the TV there was figure skating, sometimes random events like Universiade. I saw Yuzu once :'D 

And Yuzu is pretty popular among high school girls there too :'D

36 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

For a country that has like 2 ice rinks and no born and bred skaters (that I know of?) they do seem to play figure skating a lot on TV. The last time I was there every time I turned on the TV there was figure skating, sometimes random events like Universiade. I saw Yuzu once :'D 

And Yuzu is pretty popular among high school girls there too :'D

Seems like Yuzu is popular everywhere ^_^

And it looks like the 4CC tickets are getting snapped up pretty quickly.

The good seats are almost all already taken, and I wouldn't be surprised if within an hour or so everything will be sold out.