General Yuzuru Chat

24 minutes ago, Floria said:

:iagree:

ETA: slow motion 3A GIF

This ^^^^^

I was in the group who was not so ecstatic about him recycling both programs. Although I would have been quite happy if he recycled seimei and got a new SP. 

But, I was thinking how much it is, the pressure of being gpf, Olympics and world champion, and generally being considered the GOAT of FS and additional pressure to prove himself to youngsters and then the media and the fear of the fall out if he misses one step.. I was thinking anything to ease that a little bit off his back should be appreciated. Poor boy, he is just 22 and the entire world is on his not to thin shoulders. So new resolution, Seimei and Chopin it is, and I love it!!! 

:tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

11 minutes ago, crazykuroneko said:

I'm thinking same as you here though it's GPF for me (or is it too late?)

He is at the toppest of top right now. Everyone is watching him including his rivals. So, maybe he wants to keep the 4Lz until he's really sure about it. If not, all of rivals would have started thinking a counter attack for his BV, because let's be honest, even with BV like this, he's still scary

If his strategy is to either 1) hold off on it but continue practising it to kind of see how the competition is and if it is necessary or keeping it or 2) keeping it under wraps to avoid spurring rivals on to further structure their content to beat him I think both options are smart. Maybe he'll feel unnerved if it's 'too easy' or he'll find he needs the boost to his bv, maybe he'll discover that his conservative layout with contingency plans is totally enough to win over the competition and the lutz would be a risk he just doesn't need to take - who knows.

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Thought bubble to hopefully ease some people's minds :7562096::

• Re: Judges penalising him for reusing programs - as many have said, judges prolly don't rewatch programs over and over again. Now, as Yuzu fans, how many times have you personally rewatched Chopin and Seimei? Have you gotten sick of it yet?
  • Conservative layout - the goal is to win. His upping the layout may not be to everyone's liking but as we have seen, consistent clean programs seems to be the key to judges hearts right now.
  • To 4Lz or Not - maybe yes, maybe no. Honestly, the fact that he even HAS a contingency plan means that he has thought things out. Whether or the he'll have a 4Lz will prolly depend on what his competitors do.
  • Re-tirement - on the bright side, what he's doing right now makes me feel like he's not planning on re-tiring after the Olympics. He has PLENTY more to offer in the FS world.

lmao mte on the last point. i doubt he'd be satisfied leaving with a thin portfolio of programs. i see him sticking around a bit longer to try new things.

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Don't worry about Yuzu, he'll be fine.

Lastly, Yuzu sounds reactive, because he's not the type to say anything until it's about 80-90% locked down, and executable. My guess is that he was willing to do something other than Seimei if an even better option came up. But possibly the alternative was similar to H&L, but seeing the not so great reception of H&L, he crossed off that option and stuck to Seimei.

Yeah, I hope you are right. I didn't think Seimei was very reactive actually, more Chopin (given his comments on SPs after Worlds and comments now) but nevertheless I have no real problem with him repeating both programs. Looking forward to new Chopin a lot actually. The reactionary part seemed to me be the 3A as a back up and 4TLo3S, given his earlier comments on always doing two 3As, I hope he didn't change his mind cause he felt pressured to add a quad simply for the reason of having another (if judges love the quads). Then again I find it hard to think Yuzuru would do anything else then he wants... so it is probably fine. 

1 minute ago, Étudeesque said:

Yeah, I hope you are right. I didn't think Seimei was very reactive actually, more Chopin (given his comments on SPs after Worlds and comments now) but nevertheless I have no real problem with him repeating both programs. Looking forward to new Chopin a lot actually. The reactionary part seemed to me be the 3A as a back up and 4TLo3S, given his earlier comments on always doing two 3As, I hope he didn't change his mind cause he felt pressured to add a quad simply for the reason of having another (if judges love the quads). Then again I find it hard to think Yuzuru would do anything else then he wants... so it is probably fine. 

:10742289: Huuugs for you. It's fine to be critical and worried as we know it comes from a place of love for him. And that's why we're also here to try to ease your mind. Hopefully we did a good job? hahaha

hace 1 minuto , Yolo3a said:

This ^^^^^

I was in the group who was not so ecstatic about him recycling both programs. Although I would have been quite happy if he recycled seimei and got a new SP. 

But, I was thinking how much it is, the pressure of being gpf, Olympics and world champion, and generally being considered the GOAT of FS and additional pressure to prove himself to youngsters and then the media and the fear of the fall out if he misses one step.. I was thinking anything to ease that a little bit off his back should be appreciated. Poor boy, he is just 22 and the entire world is on his not to thin shoulders. So new resolution, Seimei and Chopin it is, and I love it!!! 

:tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

He said that when skating to Seimei he doesn't have to think about the unnecesary things. I guess this program right now is like second skin to him. 

I remember him doing bits of Seimei at GPF2016 practice. Who would have thought then!

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

:10742289: Huuugs for you. It's fine to be critical and worried as we know it comes from a place of love for him. And that's why we're also here to try to ease your mind. Hopefully we did a good job? hahaha

Thank you so much! Was a bit worried I was going to be a bit blasted but people are so nice on here, even when I'm being pessimistic and worried :13877886: 

I do actually feel a lot better now :agree:

I'm a little worried about it but i'm more worried about if his plan doesn't fully work in his favour. the layout is not risk-free, just safer than if he had added a 4lz, but it comes down to the risk-reward balance. a 4lz program is a high risk because there's no way of knowing how well the new jump will fair in competition, but if it went well it could yield a bit reward points wise in having the 5 quads and 2 3a. This layout has less risk, just how it fairs against higher bv  programs (not too much trouble as yuzu gets higher GOE and PCS) and if he fails to land something there's less cushion - but its jumps that are familiar with reasonably good success rates, or known in-competition issues that can be prepared for. The reward could be high in that he could get the consistency he wants and a rise in overall quality leading to higher GOe and higher PCS. The kids with the high BV programs haven't cracked Seimei 1.0's scores. If he's clean it still stands that no one can touch him. It makes sense to prioritise going clean. If the music/program makes him feel at ease and able to focus (without overthinking)then lbr the 4s3t issues will be resolved, a lower risk layout won't lead him to overthink so much and we'll be seeing a lot more +3s and 10s because. He had two roads he could go down and there's no way of knowing how his decision will work out until....the season has started or finished tbh.

I have faith in him ^^ He's smart, he's analytical, he will have considered this and if this is really what he thinks is the best option then I trust his decision ^^

I liked the original Seimei so I'm not disappointed. To be honest, I'm not superthrilled at this point either - it's more that I'm nourisihing the hope that he doesn't want to, uh, leave competitive ice, with 2 repeats/reworks, and I can still look forward to his choices in the upcoming seasons. I just hope that the ends justify the means in this case: that he manages to find his inner peace and consistency. Or at least peak at the right times. :2thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Étudeesque said:

The rationale behind Chopin and Seimei goes back to point 2. That there was a grand master plan of how the jumps should have came out, however due to health issues and injuries, Yuzuru is behind the schedule of his grand master plan. In order to catch up, all other distractions must be reduced, hence it's safest to follow a good, older program if no other safe options exist. Since the other option may have been dismissed following the more lukewarm reception of H&L, we got left with Seimei and Chopin.

As for his idea of skating and winning, I think it can be summed up as such: the best skater is one who has a significant strength, but nothing where he/she is significantly weaker than other skaters. In that sense, that is the complete package. And he's trying to ensure he maintains it that way.