I'm trying to estabilish threads for the topics that made up the natural life cycle of the previous... Hanyu fans gathering iteration

So....

Talk about costumes! Your favorite ones, the ones you hate, the ones you'd like to see...

:)

His H&L costume was heavily compared to Etude's and deemed the inferior one, but it'll always hold a special place in my heart bc 1) there's green!! and 2) his performance I first watched live is H&L

Also, I think the boobskirt got a lot more flack than it deserves imo :sad: it's still by far quite flattering to his physique, there are no excessive ruffles, the stones are pretty and detailed. Best of all it isn't doing too much at once, like how I feel with some of his other costumes (like PotP for example) :tongue: I hate it when the outfit's too busy and overpowers the one who wears it, but maybe that's just me :coffee:

I really love H&L everything (my avatar :D) but I really grew to love the costume even more than Etude. It looks like it's cut better, and has a little bit of the R&J2 waist styling. Although Etude's black mesh is just great.

I'd quite like for him to go all out and have a costume as full of sparkles and embellishment as Requiem, though maybe with a different shape and colour theme. The detailing on Requiem was absolutely stunning and while it was A Lot it didn't overpower him or look messy.

So many men go for similar kinds of outfits (bland), it'd be nice for Yuzu to stand out with something striking and memorable (like Phantom striking not...Notre Dame gouge-your-eyes-out)

I'd quite like for him to go all out and have a costume as full of sparkles and embellishment as Requiem, though maybe with a different shape and colour theme. The detailing on Requiem was absolutely stunning and while it was A Lot it didn't overpower him or look messy.

So many men go for similar kinds of outfits (bland), it'd be nice for Yuzu to stand out with something striking and memorable (like Phantom striking not...Notre Dame gouge-your-eyes-out)

Oh, I think there's gonna be lots of blings because there in no Yuzu without rufles, lace and sparkles. :love:

Yeah one thing I think we all love about Yuzu is that he's never boring, and always looks great no matter what he chooses. I personally think this is a very visual sport, yes skaters are doing a lot of difficult things on ice, but what attracts fans to them first and foremost are still their looks. Which is the reason why I couldn't really hold my attention for a lot of other bland skaters who value masculinity a bit too much and go for very basic costumes (that look like training gears) :roll: What's to excite casual viewers if everything's all black and boring??

Yeah one thing I think we all love about Yuzu is that he's never boring, and always looks great no matter what he chooses. I personally think this is a very visual sport, yes skaters are doing a lot of difficult things on ice, but what attracts fans to them first and foremost are still their looks. Which is the reason why I couldn't really hold my attention for a lot of other bland skaters who value masculinity a bit too much and go for very basic costumes (that look like training gears) :roll: What's to excite casual viewers if everything's all black and boring??

I mean, if there is one thing you can count on with Yuzu, it's that you'll never look at his costume and think 'oh, he's wearing the same outfit as X' (Patrick and Javi twinning for the sp :smile )

I love H&L costume so much, because the color gradation looks so natural and lovely, very aesthetically pleasing, and the details in every glitters and ruffles. I found this satellite photo of a coastal area in google once and the color of the costume is basically the same! From the deep ocean color to the white sands :love: I wonder where did the designer find inspiration from...

I personally like the Chopin 1st ballade one the most. It makes him look so delicate and graceful, and even somewhat surreal.

But I LOVE every single costume of his. Perhaps I just love the person wearing them......

Totally agree about H&L's beauty. The colors are so well chosen and blended it is just magically pleasing. I do hope his gloves are in a different color though some times it camouflages his movements when he holds his hands around his waist.

I mean, if there is one thing you can count on with Yuzu, it's that you'll never look at his costume and think 'oh, he's wearing the same outfit as X' (Patrick and Javi twinning for the sp :smile )

Lol don't I know it :smile

I still remember the footage from Junior Worlds' gala this year where literally 5 guys were wearing black shirts and dark trousers (it's most visible when they were doing the spiral thing) Where's the individuality? This is single's figure sating, not synchronised skating :smile