Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

5 minutes ago, 五十嵐 美幸 said:

I added a bit to my previous post to explain why I'm interested. 

What left me with mixed feelings, in a way it makes me happy that something of such both historical value and value to a minority has been recovered.

But on the other hand, the writer of those diaries, while still a persecuted minority himself, is still part of a system that systematically suppressed the numeral majority but factual - as far as rights are concerned - "minority" of the original inhabitants of the region. 

Whose history in their own voice had been practically erased. 

Please do not take this as attack on Mexico as country or anyone living there now. It's a phenomenon that's not limited to Mesoamerica anyhow. 

I am just very interested in those stilled voices.

I see :D

Myself, i'm very sad about the things that were lost after the Conquista. I am interested in the aztec and maya civilizations but sadly the information i want has proved so far to be extremely difficult to find. And part of the reason is because of that which you're mentioning, erased voices </3

3 minutes ago, 五十嵐 美幸 said:

Buy a Yuzu??? :P

(Though I'd want the original. And original Javi, too. I'd take excellent care of them!!!) :7938863:

Of course, the original is not for sale, but maybe copies will soon be sold, maybe as dolls or human cosplays :laughing:

(Although, if not buy, I wish I could corrupt Yuzu somehow and make him come to Italy for a while... maybe attract him with rice-filled-tomatoes, which is a typical recipe??)

Just now, Hydroblade said:

I see :D

Myself, i'm very sad about the things that were lost after the Conquista. I am interested in the aztec and maya civilizations but sadly the information i want has proved so far to be extremely difficult to find. And part of the reason is because of that which you're mentioning, erased voices </3

Pre-conquista mesoamerican cultures are one of the things to continue to fascinate me. In particular the nations that thrived in what is now Mexico plus areas both north and south. First time I read anything about them - an archeological expedition to explore a Maya sacrifice site cenote - I was 13; ever since then I've wanted to go on a guided diving tour in one.

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Of course, the original is not for sale, but maybe copies will soon be sold, maybe as dolls or human cosplays :laughing:

(Although, if not buy, I wish I could corrupt Yuzu somehow and make him come to Italy for a while... maybe attract him with rice-filled-tomatoes, which is a typical recipe??)

There was this idea once upon a time on live journal of life like VKer robots - don't ask about details, I couldn't explain here :P - that might be applicable...

As for the food, I don't know if you can tempt him, but for sure you're tempting me. ;)

1 minute ago, 五十嵐 美幸 said:

Pre-conquista mesoamerican cultures are one of the things to continue to fascinate me. In particular the nations that thrived in what is now Mexico plus areas both north and south. First time I read anything about them - an archeological expedition to explore a Maya sacrifice site cenote - I was 13; ever since then I've wanted to go on a guided diving tour in one.

You know what we got in history class about the north?

"It wasn't as fertile as the south so it was mostly nomads. Hence, there isn't really a native people to the north"

I was very surprised when i found out about the natives, i truly believed the north was a barren land for many years and no one dared to set foot here. (Part of it was of course my bias because i still don't understand why anyone would think it was a good idea to settle in an actual desert. Then i found out my city was practically founded by chinese people :rofl:so at least the mexicans didn't want to live here lol)

5 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

You know what we got in history class about the north?

"It wasn't as fertile as the south so it was mostly nomads. Hence, there isn't really a native people to the north"

I was very surprised when i found out about the natives, i truly believed the north was a barren land for many years and no one dared to set foot here. (Part of it was of course my bias because i still don't understand why anyone would think it was a good idea to settle in an actual desert. Then i found out my city was practically founded by chinese people :rofl:so at least the mexicans didn't want to live here lol)

May I ask what your actual city is? 

As for barren/nomads that actually reminds me of what is nowadays USA... I better not comment on that.

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

And none of your female students came to ask you what's his name and where can they buy one like him?? :laughing:

I'm the beginning they thought I was addicted to YOI and I just realized they really don't know much about figure skating :rofl:

Just now, Puniyo said:

I'm the beginning they thought I was addicted to YOI and I just realized they really don't know much about figure skating :rofl:

I would have definitely asked you about him if I was your student xD in high school I didn't know who he was... damn me.

Just now, Murieleirum said:

I would have definitely asked you about him if I was your student xD in high school I didn't know who he was... damn me.

One of my girls recognized him and asked me if I was interested in him because he was cute. I'm just thinking to myself... 'darling, you have no idea the dirty thoughts I have about this kitten'... :rofl:

16 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

One of my girls recognized him and asked me if I was interested in him because he was cute. I'm just thinking to myself... 'darling, you have no idea the dirty thoughts I have about this kitten'... :rofl:

I have a pretty good idea :devilYuzuf::kitty:

Reading this thread is so much fun, who needs TV shows when you get more snickers reading invisible convos  ^ ^

Also, :bow: to whoever added the pre-set swan spin avie, it's to die for. I'm fond of my avie, but this one is a serious temptation...

And idly wondering why my Japanese image dictionary features a picture of light purple pants for 'leggings'. It's almost like they knew.

5 hours ago, surimi said:

Reading this thread is so much fun, who needs TV shows when you get more snickers reading invisible convos  ^ ^

Also, :bow: to whoever added the pre-set swan spin avie, it's to die for. I'm fond of my avie, but this one is a serious temptation...

And idly wondering why my Japanese image dictionary features a picture of light purple pants for 'leggings'. It's almost like they knew.

The default avas change depending on the theme you're using (i especially like the space kitten theme default ava :rofl:)

ETA: I was thinking that if i could have a chance of getting Yuzu's signature, i would ask him to sign my earphone case :rofl:

8 minutes ago, Emzie said:

I hate having long hair so I keep them short, but sometimes I get jealous of this cute hairstyles one can do with long hair :8122879:

That's one of the reasons I never cut my hair shorter than shoulder's length. 

But I'm also jealous of people who can sport a shorter hairstyle. I would look horrible with short hair (mushroom hair trauma when I was a kid...:rofl:)