Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

22 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

No idea if this is the right place to share this, but I got a bunch of Yuzu stickers from redbubble in the mail and decided this was a good idea. 

0625181210.jpg

Ooooh, I want “Lutz go to the rink” on a shirt or bag :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

12 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Ooooh, I want “Lutz go to the rink” on a shirt or bag :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

Good call! Redbubble's got a bunch of different bag designs so you've got some options. :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

I also ordered a studio pouch, to use as a pencil case for when university starts in the fall, with the same art as the sticker on the top right. 

I would have thought that Korean is easier. While I love kanji, I forget them too often. Plus my katakana reading skill is horrendous, it takes forever to digest stuff. It's reassuring to be able to pronounce whatever that comes in your way, even if you don't understand what it means. 

I can never learn two languages at once: did that for Spanish and German and they just sort of merged into Spaman (or Gernish).  My brain just have one compartment for "new foreign language". Took me a while to get Japanese into its own compartment.

Did you guys know the term "pilingual"? It means the total number of languages you know adds up to more than \pi. :) I can barely clear the bar on this standard...

14 hours ago, wingman said:

Did you guys know the term "pilingual"? It means the total number of languages you know adds up to more than \pi. :) I can barely clear the bar on this standard...

pi as in 3,14? How do you calculate that? By counting the language you have basics of but that you are not fluent in? xD

Btw, I just hit the nerve of my front foot against the corner of a wooden counter while I was trying to replicate donut spin position at the end of my stretching routine. 

Guys, don't imitate the donut spin. It's dangerous.

(fucking hurts)

Yeah yeah, like pi = 3.141....

As to how you decide if your, say, German skill is 0.5, 0.25 or 0.99, it's of course up to you.

My conversion scale is

0.25 = can understand casual stuff but can't speak/write well (A2)

0.5= ok in casual situations (B1)

0.75 = can chat up someone at a bar (B2)

1 = fluent (C1/C2)

Sorry to hear about the donut spin. But to have the thought to try it -- you must be so flexible!

I was watching a drama with kyudo in it the other day and now I'm really keen to try archery :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: I looked into it and there are beginner archery lessons held on weekends nearby so I'm going to try it out because yolo :Pineapple: 

I feel like Yuzu has inspired me in the strangest ways. I used to have no interest in sports but now I'm super keen to try things out. Ice skating is a lot of fun so I'm hoping archery is just as awesome :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

@dotsquare Yeah archery is fun. Though you should becareful and make sure you don't overextended your elbow (the arrow can brush it and take a bit of skin off in the process). I got a scar on mine in the first day due to that... Also, be prepared to walk and collect the arrows.

Back in uni I joined the archery club - in our first lesson someone landed an arrow right next to a funnel web nest. :)

On 6/26/2018 at 10:11 PM, wingman said:

Yeah yeah, like pi = 3.141....

As to how you decide if your, say, German skill is 0.5, 0.25 or 0.99, it's of course up to you.

My conversion scale is

0.25 = can understand casual stuff but can't speak/write well (A2)

0.5= ok in casual situations (B1)

0.75 = can chat up someone at a bar (B2)

1 = fluent (C1/C2)

Sorry to hear about the donut spin. But to have the thought to try it -- you must be so flexible!

I am working on it - I currently can do an ugly Biellmann, close to splits on one side, and I can do the Donut but the balancing! part! is the hardest! my balance needs improving as well xD

mmmh so for me I'd say: french is .25, spanish is 0.75, Japanese is 0.75, english and Italian is 1. So sum is 3.75.