Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

On 5/28/2017 at 14:37, yuzupon said:

I finally got an 8 (out of 10) in my last assignment.:yes2:

I just wish my 2 group mates would start contributing more. Not that they are not trying, but at this point, it is getting ridiculous. It also does not help that while I am doing my masters, they are doing their PhD and PDEng respectively. Yet, I do about 80-85% of the projects because what little I know about Matlab is apparently more than what they know, combined. :sigh:

I can feel you :consoling2: I guess almost everyone has experienced this (this happened on me for plant design project in my final semester for degree when there was 6 members there but only me and the group leader contributed,almost like a zombie at that moment)

5 hours ago, kamotejojo said:

I wonder why this place reminds me of Yuzu and Pamigena?:giggle:

oooooohhhhh :loveeyes: it's a Japanese sparkle garden!! 

:665e343793b9::jumping0045::665e343793b9:

(probably the one and only thing where I would get mentioned in the same sentence as him, LMAO)

1 minute ago, Lynnie said:

I'm getting really annoyed with all the mosquitoes in the house - I'd take lizards over them any day. or at this point, even cockroaches

I'd prefer mosquitoes... at least repellent works on them. Cockroaches.... ewwwwwwwwww... I'm too scared of them:HELPSOS:

I once was walking in a park near my home with a friend and I basically screamed from the top of my lungs because a cockroach passed by. And I kind of jumped around (tango anyone? :rofl:). My friend kind of got traumatized... :facepalm:

21 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

I'd prefer mosquitoes... at least repellent works on them. Cockroaches.... ewwwwwwwwww... I'm too scared of them:HELPSOS:

I once was walking in a park near my home with a friend and I basically screamed from the top of my lungs because a cockroach passed by. And I kind of jumped around (tango anyone? :rofl:). My friend kind of got traumatized... :facepalm:

Ahahahahaha I am somewhat scared of them as well, so on second thought, I'll take roaches out of my options. I think I forgot how horrifying they actually are 'cause I haven't actually seen them for some time (I think it's to do with my floor cleaner, which for some reason repels roaches but not mozzies, those little vampires! :14066882:

Just now, Lynnie said:

Ahahahahaha I am somewhat scared of them as well, so on second thought, I'll take roaches out of my options. I think I forgot how horrifying they actually are 'cause I haven't actually seen them for some time (I think it's to do with my floor cleaner, which for some reason repels roaches but not mozzies, those little vampires! :14066882:

Oh I want that floor cleaner... :rofl:

My neighbours all happen to have dogs so mosquitoes are very frequent too :facepalm:

And lately I've been haunted by cicadas and their annoying sound... I just hate bugs :sadPooh:

Gaah, that reminds me of the GIANT BLACK FLYING CRICKETS that start appearing around this time of the year here...

One of the houses of the neighborhood where i lived had a wall that seemed to be moving and nope, CRICKETS. THOUSANDS OF CRICKETS. Have you seen moths gathering around the lights? It looked like that on the lamps outside but NOPE. CRICKETS.

Hate crickets.

12 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

Oh I want that floor cleaner... :rofl:

My neighbours all happen to have dogs so mosquitoes are very frequent too :facepalm:

And lately I've been haunted by cicadas and their annoying sound... I just hate bugs :sadPooh:

It looks like a very local product... :( but there are two variants: one is lemongrass concentrate, the other is pine concentrate, so maybe that'll help in your search?

Also, I just remembered that Yuzu likes bugs (or at least shows consideration towards them) :headdesk: I wonder which bugs he draws the line at...

This bug talk reminds me of a certain memory I'd rather never recall again, when I was working in a zoo one time I had to clean the floor. Cleaning was basically pouring water on the floor and waiting for it to drip to a canal below. So I spilled the water and then my nightmare begun, through the sewage-like grates in this stupid floor, water went up and created fountains with cockroaches. Whole floor was flooded with this huge black bastards and I was standing in the middle of this. The sound they make when you trample on them is mortifying...

I'd take cockroaches over mosquitos any day. At least you can get rid of cockroaches, you clean up, they go away. Mosquitos? You can never get rid of them. I'm having terrible nights these days, they keep me up, they wake me in the middle of the night, I turn the light on and try to kill them and they escape. 

And female mosquitos aren't even my enemy number 1... MALE mosquitos are by far the worst. Those giant fuckers. 

Spiders I can tolerate. At least they don't fly. I hate things that fly. (Well, I've luckily never met flying spiders).