The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

29 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I find the attention idols get for smoking a bit over the top. We would never judge someone in real life for smoking. Yes, it’s unhealthy, smokers know it. They don’t need reminders because at the end of the day it won’t make a difference to them until the decision to quit comes from themselves and only themselves.

All this is true. I also find it disappointing that there's people who'll take photos of someone having a private human moment and try to profit from it by generating scandal. It's a cigarette, it's not like he was caught storing top secret classified documents he's not supposed to have in his bathroom shower.

13 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I guess I’m the exception to the rule then because I was a daily smoker, gave up from one minute to the other (not even a day to the next) and had absolutely no issues about 2 weeks ago. My decision came halfway through smoking one and I still had half a bag of loose tobacco. It’s somewhere still in the house I think. Didn’t want to waste £10 and am waiting to see one of my colleagues who smokes rollies to give it to them lol.

I miss more the action of smoking while in a break at work, like an entertainment of sorts but I have no cravings at all. I guess it all depends on how prone to addictions a person can be. I clearly have none. Except when it comes to chocolate maybe.

I find the attention idols get for smoking a bit over the top. We would never judge someone in real life for smoking. Yes, it’s unhealthy, smokers know it. They don’t need reminders because at the end of the day it won’t make a difference to them until the decision to quit comes from themselves and only themselves.

You would be the exception to the rule.  I know no one personally who found giving up smoking anything but extraordinarily difficult. I don't know how long you smoked and that may have something to do with it.  I'm glad you have done it and happy you haven't had common withdrawal symptoms.

Like you, the "action" of smoking was one of the tricky parts of quitting.  I used atomic fireballs (a strong cinnamon hard ball) because 1) they really are a powerful taste and 2) I had to put it in and take it out of mouth repeatedly, kind of mimicking the action of smoking.  I know other people who used fireballs.  It is a strong cinnamon and I think that helps.  Just something that mimicks the smoking action might work - this is if you wanted to quit and were having trouble.  And I thought of myself as a "smoker between cigarettes" for months before becoming a former smoker.   It was hard but also the best thing I could have ever done for myself.  Also, both my parents died from lung cancer directly related to cigarette smoking. [Anecdote - I didn't smoke when pregnant or nursing.  And gave up within days of my mother going in to have part of a lung removedm which coincided with my son saying "well, if you don't care if you die, then neither am I. That hurt,]

I'm not trying to be judgmental - especially towards young people who truly are so prone to peer pressure and not capable of grasping the health consequences down the line.  I just hate the smell and know it kills (and causes other yucky diseases like COPD - and honestly, I was more afraid of having to give up hiking and being attached to an oxygen machine than I was of lung cancer, until I found out more about it.  Almost never survivable.)

And I know that smoking will not be good for any of the members health, in the present and in the future.  And will, if they continue, affect their singing voices.

I'm glad you aren't smoking.

And on another topic - we knew this was being considered, but I think this has more detail and makes it look like a real thing in the works.  This owul dbe the first time the Vegas concerts will be available.  And I always love behind the scene stuff.  I'm guessing a cost of $50 easily -

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And you don't have to create the playlists yourself, or interact with it. I use Stationhead because it's as close to 'set it and forget it' as streaming can be

9 hours ago, Luminous said:

That's why I use it

I'm disappointed that I can't figure out how to save the playlists on Stationhead. I was hoping that I could make one on the iphone account and it would show up as an option but no luck.

Do you have stations that you recommend? I also can't figure out how to search for channels :confused:

8 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

So spotify has that 20 plays per song per day filtering limit (excess streams still count for total stream records and ofc money for the boys). AM has less filtering but I'm fuzzy on the specific. Pandora!!! Has no filtering whatsoever!! You can loop the song 400 times a day and they would all count. So if you're in the US please do use Pandora!

I've looked all over for this info. Thanks so much!!! I'll have to figure out Pandora then - so I can just loop Seven, Slow Dancing, and Like Crazy over and over then.

ETA: 60 day free trial for Pandora Premium! It looks like I have to set up the playlist 1 song at a time and I don't see a looping option

8 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Also, for Youtube, I've been streaming with Scener, which works like Stationhead but for Youtube. Super convenient set it and forget it setup. Please check it out on Twt @BTScener !

Wow, this is super convenient. I'm torn because I have certain streaming goals, but it is nice to not have to worry about it. And this will definitely my go to when I head to bed since I don't have to worry about YouTube pausing.

6 hours ago, barbara said:

I wish I could get one of them, one of the dog lovers (and I think they all are except maybe Jin)

Jin's an all animal lover. I think he's never gotten over Jjangu dying so he never got another one. But Jin secretly donated to an animal organization every month. The organization wanted to honor him publicly and Jin only agreed to it because he knows that public acts of charity encourages more charity.

4 hours ago, Faithyu said:

Honestly, whoever did his hair for rainy days, I want to have a word with them (and not a positiv one).

I think he's a bit excited about not having to worry about styles that cover up his ears. 

After seeing how far they got the boys, I have to say Moas got pretty organized for this, a positiv surprise. But if it goes against Army, I think there is no chance for them to win....

I was more surprised they beat Olivia than I was about JK beating Taylor. JK already won the Audacy event over Taylor. I guess Kpop fans are just that devoted. I'm guessing Army also helped them.

1 hour ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I guess I’m the exception to the rule then because I was a daily smoker, gave up from one minute to the other (not even a day to the next) and had absolutely no issues...

Genetics play a bigger role than most people realize. I'll take puffs for the flavor of vapes and to help perk me up when I'm tired, never been even slightly addicted to the nicotine. Even a notoriously addictive substance like heroin only has a 30-60% addiction rate (numbers vary widely). 

1 hour ago, barbara said:

And on another topic - we knew this was being considered, but I think this has more detail and makes it look like a real thing in the works.  This owul dbe the first time the Vegas concerts will be available.  And I always love behind the scene stuff.  I'm guessing a cost of $50 easily -

Oh it was being submitted for rating and stuff so that's a sure thing. It'll probably be another few months before it comes out tho. No more memories I guess since we got this and member docus. Not to mention we will for sure get D-Day concert dvds too cuz they were filming us going into the venue for soundcheck LA day 1. 

3 hours ago, barbara said:

Any of you smoke?  If not a smoker and you inhale, it hurts.  It makes you cough.  And choke.  You have to really want to smoke to get past your bodies efforts to prevent you from inhaling this toxic substance,  And it is a stunningly difficult habit (and it is an addictive habit) to get over.  Hardest thing I've ever done.  

End of anti-smoking rant. Smoking is bad.  Period.

I don't smoke. In fact I can't breathe around all the smoke, cigs, weeds, wtv. I can't even breathe in a dry sauna 😂

My dad does smoke socially but very rarely. Same with drinking. He enjoys a beer whenever we go out, and a bit more when with his friends and for business, but that's it. 

But yeah I do agree that smoking doesnt do you any good, especially in the long run. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

All this is true. I also find it disappointing that there's people who'll take photos of someone having a private human moment and try to profit from it by generating scandal. It's a cigarette, it's not like he was caught storing top secret classified documents he's not supposed to have in his bathroom shower.

Yeah the worst part is invading their privacy for some quick bucks. It's just so unethical. 

7 hours ago, Luminous said:

I want performance in that look.

I try to ignore all scans from photobooks/photocards. Waiting for my albums. Hope they will arrive till New Year:dbana:

You're strong. I've already looked up unboxing videos and scans ahhaha

Sorry, no gold outfit so far. Only a pyjama kind of look and white streetwear outfit😂.

Hahah He has only done LMA once in the crisp white shirt tucked in tight leather pant (🥵) w a black skinny tie. 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It looks like one of Jimin's haircuts actually.

You mean Sowoozoo Jimin? The bangs are different tho. Jimin's was a straight cut across, and his wasn't as long of a mullet. 

50 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

It looks like I have to set up the playlist 1 song at a time and I don't see a looping option

This should answer for question for both looping playlist and single song. 

https://community.pandora.com/t5/My-Collection/Looping-a-Playlist/td-p/31191

So I think you can make a playlist of all the songs you wanna loop then loop the whole playlist. But please focus on Layover and Slow Dancing for now for charting

since sales are so low. Their streaming numbers are low. Some are even lower than Like Crazy. 

50 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Do you have stations that you recommend? I also can't figure out how to search for channels :confused:

Yes I do!! I use these two often as they stream almost 24/7, ot7 with new release focus. You just search them up on Stationhead

- abtsradio

- btskkul0613fm

And no you cannot save playlist from Stationhead. You can ask the station host to give you their playlist to stream on your own!

For Scener they also stream 24/7 using playlist, ot7 with new release focus. On release days they stream manually 24/7! Very convenient~

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

btskkul0613fm

I'm mostly on this one (i have two different accounts to use), or the btsofficial one when the members go live. Kkul has a whole group of volunteer djs who take turns, so the music's nearly always flowing. 

3 hours ago, barbara said:

Almost never survivable

We've gotten better at treating it. A ton of the work I do is for the treatment of lung cancer patients. But if people could see how much hard work it takes to put a lung cancer patient into remission, they'd be shocked.

3 часа назад, barbara сказал:

and causes other yucky diseases like COPD - and honestly, I was more afraid of having to give up hiking and being attached to an oxygen machine than I was of lung cancer, until I found out more about it.  Almost never survivable.

Спойлер

You have to smoke a lot or very-very long time to have terminal stage of COPD. Most people who need oxygen machines a people who have COPD and other lung disease (uncontrollable asthma, for example).

13 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

It kinda reminds me of Kai from TXT 😚

Oh, your right. But Kai kind of looks good with this style, for Tae it didn't work in my opinion.

13 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Yeah. I've thought more about this. I don't think they're habitual smokers tho. Probably more social and when really stressed. If it's in small dosage it's really fine imo. Anyhow, they know enough to make informed decisions so it's up to them. 

Agree!

11 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I guess I’m the exception to the rule then because I was a daily smoker, gave up from one minute to the other (not even a day to the next) and had absolutely no issues about 2 weeks ago. My decision came halfway through smoking one and I still had half a bag of loose tobacco. It’s somewhere still in the house I think. Didn’t want to waste £10 and am waiting to see one of my colleagues who smokes rollies to give it to them lol.

I miss more the action of smoking while in a break at work, like an entertainment of sorts but I have no cravings at all. I guess it all depends on how prone to addictions a person can be. I clearly have none. Except when it comes to chocolate maybe.

LOL, my mother is also one of these exceptions. We go on a one week vacation, she didn't even touch one cigarette, didn't miss it, nothing. (same when she is unwell by the way). We got back home and she was smoking a cigarette after coming from work or while beeing on the phone with a friend - habit, like a ritual🤷🏼‍♀️.

11 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Thankfully it feels like it got better, but it's still ridiculous how they judge idols. Same with dating rumors. Poor Joshua of Seventeen really got a ton of sh*t from "fans" for his last dating rumor. They send a truck to the company saying he should be kicked out of the band! Crazy, thats what this behavior is.

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

:LOL:

10 hours ago, barbara said:

Wow, 8.40h?! Thats a ton of extra content, love it already 😃

9 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I think he's a bit excited about not having to worry about styles that cover up his ears. 

The style he had for slow dancing also showed his ears, his hair had just a slight curl to it instead of beeing flat, it looked sooo much better.

I looked for some researches about smoking and vocal cords and found smth interesting: 

Спойлер

aerobic exercise has a protective role on the larynx against the damaging effect of cigarette smoke. Smokers who exercise regularly may be at a lower risk of cigarette smoke-related laryngeal diseases, as compared with those who do not exercise