General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Faithyu said:

Question:

Could one of the mods (or someone with experience) maybe open a 2023-2024 grand prix event thread?

I'm afraid I will mess something up if I try😅🙈.

Or is there no interest for it?

And I'm so happy that we get a live stream😍🤩. It honestly would have been kind of strange not to get it after they saw how successful it was the other time, but one can never be sure....so, great news😁.

You can try Jackie wong twitter to look up for grand Prix events plus results.Then, search you tubes for skaters that you are interested in.

20 hours ago, TallyT said:

I wouldn't be surprised if fans in both countries are working on it already

There will also be subtitles in Chinese. For me, Yuzu knows very well that many people will find a way around the limitations to watch RE_PRAY even from China, so he made sure that they too could understand and appreciate the show.

Another section of the Switch interview translated by Sarah

A thousand thanks to Sarah:tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:

Fascinating to listen to people who strive for perfection in their performance. They are actively seeking to enhance their own skills, recognising and learning from mistakes is an important aspect of practice so that a person can examine an element where improvement can be made. Thus the resulting performance is elevated to a remarkable level. This is really impressive. 

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

Fascinating to listen to people who strive for perfection in their performance. They are actively seeking to enhance their own skills, recognising and learning from mistakes is an important aspect of practice so that a person can examine an element where improvement can be made. Thus the resulting performance is elevated to a remarkable level. This is really impressive. 

I agree. And I have the impression that this conversation provided Yuzu with many ideas for his projects.

20 hours ago, LAY said:

You can try Jackie wong twitter to look up for grand Prix events plus results.Then, search you tubes for skaters that you are interested in.

Oh I know where to find everything, thanks😊.

Just thought about the seperate threat in the Event section so we can share our thoughts, like usual🤷🏼‍♀️.

Just now, Faithyu said:

Oh I know where to find everything, thanks😊.

Just thought about the seperate threat in the Event section so we can share our thoughts, like usual🤷🏼‍♀️.

That's when Yuzu is competing ..lol.I only searched video clips for skaters that I am interested in😉

6 hours ago, LAY said:

That's when Yuzu is competing ..lol.I only searched video clips for skaters that I am interested in😉

We had a thread for grand prix and isu championships last season, that's why I thought it might be continued this season as well.

But it's fine, will share my thoughts on certain skates in the "igloo" section😊.

8 hours ago, LAY said:

Is there any particular reason not to continue having these competition event threads, though? Even if Yuzu is no longer competing, a lot of us are still skating fans... or at least we need a safe space to groan about the fact that none of the new skaters can compare with Yuzu... plus, we always had threads for all the disciplines, not just men's singles. I always enjoyed having fun with other satellites in those threads, complaining about bad costumes and celebrating good efforts

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Is there any particular reason not to continue having these competition event threads, though? Even if Yuzu is no longer competing, a lot of us are still skating fans... or at least we need a safe space to groan about the fact that none of the new skaters can compare with Yuzu... plus, we always had threads for all the disciplines, not just men's singles. I always enjoyed having fun with other satellites in those threads, complaining about bad costumes and celebrating good efforts

If i can ...i'd love to have it again....nobody i know cares ,it was so nice watching the competions with you all and learning things.

2 hours ago, Perelandra said:

More superb translations form Sarah

A thousand thanks to Sarah:balloons-smiley:

these two are a very good match, Yuzuru as usual is absorbing everything like a sponge ;-)

12 minutes ago, mercedes said:

If i can ...i'd love to have it again....nobody i know cares ,it was so nice watching the competions with you all and learning things.

Okay, I made a thread. Had to put it under last year's GP sub-forum because only mods can create forums and I am not a mod, but it's there if you want to use it:

2023-2024 Grand Prix Events https://planethanyu.com/topic/1907-2023-2024-grand-prix-events/