General Yuzuru Chat

This is the first time in my Fanyu life I see Yuzu at TCC in real time (or as much in real time as possible). Beijing Fanyus life has truly been a rollercoaster since day 1.

I'm really curious if Yuzu's also getting choreo done for FaOI or if we'll have a YouTune video filmed at TCC (doubtful). 

6 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

This is the first time in my Fanyu life I see Yuzu at TCC in real time (or as much in real time as possible). Beijing Fanyus life has truly been a rollercoaster since day 1.

I'm really curious if Yuzu's also getting choreo done for FaOI or if we'll have a YouTune video filmed at TCC (doubtful). 

It's been so long since Yuzu left Toronto...he and his mom left in a hurry and now it must have been emotional to go back after 3 years. A YT video would be so great but I'll be more than happy if he just let us see old Pooh-san soon hahaha. :loveshower:

48 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

Wow, Yuzu back in Canada?! Such an apt surprise for my first post lol

Hope the traveling isn't too tiresome for him and maybe he could enjoy the cherry blossoms in Toronto? There is great view in High Park right now.

happy first post!:665e343793b9:  :D

39 minutes ago, liv said:

and nope, our weather is not great right now. Two weeks ago it was 25C, now it's like...8C. 

OUCH

but maybe Yuzuru "the cold never bothered me anyway" Hanyu won't mind too much:laughing:

half-unrelated, but I saw someone on twitter resurrecting a clip of side by side stroking of Yuzu and JF in TCC for the Informe Robinson doc and someone was asking for the whole thing... and it occurred to me: I know the original YT full vid was deleted, but do we have it somehwere, at least a subbed Yuzu cut? Or anyone has the Yuzu cut somewhere? I made a search in planet miscellanea&media wiki compilation & in Videos but no "robinson" appears :( iirc it came out in autumn 2016 or early 2017, right?  regardless of JF's more recent slip ups (understatement), Yuzu's words in that doc were so sweet and thoughtful (and those short training scenes at TCC are memorable):tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

(I mean, I might have that vid myself somewhere because, after all, I made an edit of it...but if I have it, it's lost in one of my 364000 archives and they're so messy idk how long I'll take to dig it out if I didn't save it with the title:13877886: so I was hoping someone else has it at the ready XD)

ETA: someone in the replies posted a link t the whole vid, but there used to be an eng sub cut? or not? idk anymore LOL

gosh TCC surprise really brings a lot of feels:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: that place (&of course and most important, the people there) has been with Yuzu for most of his senior career

Yuzu used his time wisely, most likely used the opportunity to jump on the plane whilst pretty much all of the fandom was still enthralled by the 2 hour Teremasa show and the news about Tetsuko no Heya. Clever move to wait until everyone was distracted and use the art of misdirection to whisk himself through the various transport hubs, hehe. Yuzu always had ninja like skills, (or maybe he is able to apparate)

:winky::smiley-rpg012:

6 minutes ago, kittypaws said:

I am working and all of a sudden my phone is binging with emails and  I wonder what is happening ?   It is PH letting me know Yuzuru is in Canada.  hahaha  I hope Yuzuru has a wonderful time and I too hope he posts a picture with Pooh San  :tumblr_lkl6q24eyw1qfamg6:  

As a bonus extra helping of ultimate GOATedness a photo of Yuzu standing underneath the commemorative Olympic winners plaques would be the most awesome magnificence of all - accompanied by OM Pooh san of course

( Yuzu is not a show off, but judging by certain comments on social media, some people have a poor memory about who is the Emperor of the Ice )

6 minutes ago, west said:

Sounds like he has already left and back to Japan

Actually I was contemplating whether or not the skaters in the selfies had been requested to delay posting the photos, in order for " that damned elusive Pimpernel " to be back on a plane and winging his way back to Japan. Yuzu is probably sitting in the 4A seat in the Gran Class carriage, on the Hayabusa to Sendai, laughing about his swift trip to TCC.

Dear Yuzu - Enjoy the comfy seat, non alcoholic sparkling wine and pound cake with OM Pooh san on your lap. Have a safe journey

They seek him here,

They seek him there,

They seek him almost everywhere.

Is he in Heaven?

Is he in Hell?

That damned elusive Pimpernel.

( from the 'Scarlet Pimpernel' by Baroness Orczy )

9 minutes ago, liv said:

Would he really fly all the way to Toronto for a day? That doesn't seem right.....Maybe it was 2 days, lol. 

:shrug: It's Yuzu, anything is possible. However, flight is about 14 hours non stop from Tokyo, Narita to Toronto, Pearson. There's only one flight per day in the afternoon. This is probably the rate limiting step in the journey.