General Yuzuru Chat

38 minutes ago, YuzuJay said:

The booklet looks lovely, pre ordered this along with the special edition newspaper. See you in April/May my lovelies

The centre spread of the newspaper will have an almost 'actual size' Yuzu picture. Some satellites have posted photos of their copies on display, on twt and other social media looks great.

Spoiler

This is indeed from Prologue fav book. I have received the book. But this Pic is not tweeted by me. Those not rcd entitle for that surprise and excitement. :pouty: 

I can confirm the fav book is worth the wait. High quality papers with mixture of rehearsal (aka UA!!) pics and program pics. No one will ever regret getting it. I so wanna turn few of the pics as my laptop screen saver. I am hugging it to sleep now. 🫶

1 hour ago, risako said:

can't stop looping dynamite, YUZU is soooooooo adorable

:yes:   :loveeyes:   :love:   <3

The official "notte stellata" on Twitter posted a very short video of Yuzu's Dynamite dance - see below, scroll down (alas no sound) - and there are hundreds of replies begging for the full video on Yuzu's YT-channel. Those who have a Twitter account: please add your request; perhaps Yuzu will consider posting his dance video on YT  :smiley-angelic001:

Well, we've gotten through Notte Stellata and now it's time to descend from the heights and address the mundane worlds of Stars on Ice and Fantasy on Ice.  After Continues with Wings, Prologue, Gift and Notte Stellata the normal format of ice shows seems horribly ordinary, indeed even impoverished.  True, there are ice shows like Disney on Ice, which are more highly structured than the summer ice shows, but they are still simply entertainment.  If you look at how Yuzu has approached things from his first self-produced show, Continues with Wings, we can see the consistent thread running through them of a certain high seriousness.  He's not trying to entertain.  He's trying to enlighten and in so doing he's trying to raise ice shows into the realms of high culture, giving them the same sort of seriousness we see in opera and ballet.  John Curry, the 1976 gold medalist at the Winter Olympics that year, attempted to do the same but it never quite got off the ground and was later terminated when he contracted AIDS and later died from the condition.  Part of the problem, in retrospect, is that he did not have nearly the charisma and superb talent that Yuzu has.  Yuzu is, after all, the GOAT, a designation that is becoming more widespread since his retirement and one that is now on the verge of being universally accepted due to the fantastic success of his ice shows, particularly those of this past year.  There have never been ice shows of this nature.  He's reset what ice shows can do by producing the most successful ice shows in the history of figure skating.  In years to come the history of ice shows will be structured as before Hanyu and after Hanyu.  The ordinary ice shows will continue to limp along, of course, but the attendance at those will largely be determined by the presence or absence of Yuzu in those shows, since Yuzu is the greatest guarantee of a sold-out performance in the history of the ice show just as he was the guarantee of a sold-out arena in any competition in which he participated.  He can fill any ten-thousand seat arena on his own.  He can even fill a 35,000 seat stadium on his own, with the demand for tickets having to be dealt with by lottery.  What is most important, though, after Notte Stellata, is the fact that Yuzu has no trouble raising the money and the talent to go forward in his projects.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Yuzu in some future time would sponsor and invitation-only competition, one not sanctioned by the ISU or any national skating federation, in which the jumps will be devalued and the emphasis in the judging will be the program component elements.  Yuzu wants to bring the art back into figure-skating and if anybody is capable of accomplishing that it is Yuzuru Hanyu.  He is, after all, the GOAT.