General Yuzuru Chat

I watched GIFT a couple of times before it disappeared, so Amazing.  I dream of seeing the show again someday.  12yrs of watching Yuzuru Hanyu in the senior circuit and I have always looked forward to his performances in the "off season" hahaha.   Now as a professional he seems to be giving more love and encouragement as well as receiving.  Thank you. 

16 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Hi:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: @kittypaws @ainkmachan8 @102090 @Sakura1

Welcome to Planet Hanyu! It's always nice to see new satellites starting to engage here! :tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:

I was wondering if you would like to share how you got to know Yuzu with us? Also what are your top 3 programs and maybe your favorite costume? 

:YuzuPoohLove:

Hi! 

Hahaha it's sooo random how I got to know him. I am a SEO consultant (search engine optimisation) so I always follow all Google Search related news. 

A few weeks back at work I was so braindead and decided to rewatch the Google Year in Search video of 2019, the one about Heroes. That one is my favourite since all the latter ones are quite depressing due to Corona. I checked out the comment section to see if there would be any funny comments and to my surprise 90% of the comments were about some guy named Yuzuru Hanyu who was featured for like 3 seconds in the video. 

So that's basically how I fell into the rabbit hole. I think the first video I watched was his 2014 sochi olympics. Though I don't really watch figure skating so even though I thought he was really good, I didn't get how good he really was all the technical stuff. And so the YouTube algo kept recommending me video's of him. Surprisingly there was one otonal practice video from Skate Canada and that's when I really became a fan. I was mesmerized by the way he moved with so much emotion. And from then on I basically watched everything there is to watch. After watching a lot of performances I started to search for interviews / documentaries, because I wanted to know more about him. That's how I came across planethanyu. 

Oh and I was so bummed out that I only got to know him a few months after he "retired", but then I found out that in a week he would be performing gift hahaha. So I bought the live viewing tickets to Gift which was about 2 weeks after I "discovered" him. 

Top 3 programs, omg i can't choose it became a top 5... 

(not in any order) 

- Otonal 

- Parisian Walkways 

- Ballade no 1 

- Haru yo koi 

- Seimei 

Favorite costume 

I really liked the Origin one, maybe because the look and hair was so different from his usual styling. Although I have to say I also love the Haru yo Koi flowy costume, and Seimei is just so iconic. To be honest I might like his under armour all black long sleeve the most hahaha. He looks so good skating in that! 

What about you? How did you get to know him? And what are your favorite programs/costumes? :D 

52 minutes ago, 102090 said:

I am a SEO consultant (search engine optimisation) so I always follow all Google Search related news. 

A few weeks back at work I was so braindead and decided to rewatch the Google Year in Search video of 2019, the one about Heroes. That one is my favourite since all the latter ones are quite depressing due to Corona. I checked out the comment section to see if there would be any funny comments and to my surprise 90% of the comments were about some guy named Yuzuru Hanyu who was featured for like 3 seconds in the video. 

So that's basically how I fell into the rabbit hole.

Omg, this is such a great story!!! Thank you so much for sharing! it's always so interesting to hear about people discovering him! 

52 minutes ago, 102090 said:

What about you? How did you get to know him? And what are your favorite programs/costumes? :D 

DON'T DO THIS TO ME hahaha...the first question is the easy one, although I've always liked FS but never followed the sport closely, only watched casually ladies and liked mostly Yuna and sometimes watched Lambiel. It was the day Yuzu won his second OG at PC. It was all over the news and I was so shocked, realizing I hadn't watched or followed any FS for years, and how could be that possible that the cool guy I recalled from the SP in Sochi won now again the OG?! So I went to YT to watch his SP and Free...and then watched Ballade for the first time...and my life has never been the same since that day! 

Regarding costumes...askkfjkkddfkdkdksl....why did I ask you that...hahaha...every costume has a huge meaning behind, but I still think my top 3 is:

Origin2

TenChi

Origin1

But I need to add just because the emotional attachment Etude and H&L. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

My favorite programs....even harder to say... we'd need to separate into FS, SP and EX and others ...hahaha....but here I go somehow:

Tenchi

Requiem

H&L

Etude

Seimei

Ballade

LGC

How are you coping with so information from the past years? I cannot imagine how it is, trying now to catch up with the last 12 years!:13877886:

1 hour ago, 102090 said:

Hi! 

Hahaha it's sooo random how I got to know him. I am a SEO consultant (search engine optimisation) so I always follow all Google Search related news. 

So that's basically how I fell into the rabbit hole. I think the first video I watched was his 2014 sochi olympics. Though I don't really watch figure skating so even though I thought he was really good, I didn't get how good he really was all the technical stuff. And so the YouTube algo kept recommending me video's of him. Surprisingly there was one otonal practice video from Skate Canada and that's when I really became a fan. I was mesmerized by the way he moved with so much emotion. And from then on I basically watched everything there is to watch. After watching a lot of performances I started to search for interviews / documentaries, because I wanted to know more about him. That's how I came across planethanyu. 

Oh and I was so bummed out that I only got to know him a few months after he "retired", but then I found out that in a week he would be performing gift hahaha. So I bought the live viewing tickets to Gift which was about 2 weeks after I "discovered" him. 

Top 3 programs, omg i can't choose it became a top 5... 

(not in any order) 

- Otonal 

- Parisian Walkways 

- Ballade no 1 

- Haru yo koi 

- Seimei 

Favorite costume 

I really liked the Origin one, maybe because the look and hair was so different from his usual styling. Although I have to say I also love the Haru yo Koi flowy costume, and Seimei is just so iconic. To be honest I might like his under armour all black long sleeve the most hahaha. He looks so good skating in that! 

First time I watched him on YT I couldn't understand either why everyone's raving about him in the comments. He's good but how good? It all starts from there, people's comments really draw out that curiosity and next thing you know, you're a fan already. Took me a day only. :D