General Yuzuru Chat

I agree the shows will need structure and that 10 minutes is a long time to skate.  Let’s see what he does with Notte Stellata and its cast of very accomplished skaters. Also, just a thought but he has a YouTube channel - he could splice together an extended version of anything he’s done that didn’t quite fit in all his ideas due to the constraints of competition rules.  It’s art now - doesn’t have to be done in one take.

@rockstaryuzu I wondered myself, too. But you even searched for answers, very interesting.

I think by the time the Notte Stellata show is over, Yuzuru may already be writing down new ideas. From a tweet posted by Anni in the GIFT thread, it seems that he is aware of the difficulty of this task and is eager to solve it. We know he can do it. He knows we will watch it.

I know a solo show, especially GIFT, must be sooo hard to do, but I am really, really happy he did solo shows right from the beginning of his pro aera! That's also a statement about how exceptional he is.

Yuzu is doing so much and so many ice shows I can't believe it's only his first year as a pro.

I believe Yuzu is in a very interesting position right now and I'm curious how his deals with SOI and FAOI are worked out. He's way too valuable compared to any other skaters doing those shows (I genuinely don't believe any other skater rn has the ability to sell out the Tokyo Dome and get a streaming deal with Disney) so I can only guess he's doing these other shows to get a "break" from doing so much work himself while also scoping out other skaters. I won't lie, I was a little upset to see Yuzu is doing all of the FAOI shows, but I think Yuzu has a good relationship with those organizers and, from what I've seen rumored, he gets paid pretty well doing FAOI. 

He's such a galaxy brained person that I hope next year brings another version of "his" ice show (with a world tour...) 

3 hours ago, Anni said:

Thanks for the info. I also didn't get any notification when a new video was uploaded 🤔

But Yuzu informs us about it also on twitter.  👏

I think I didn't get one when he posted the members' video, but I got it when he posted the open one (I remember because I was on twitter and I posted that I got the notif of new video)

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yes but does Yuzu really want to skate a 10-minute program? Genuinely asking. I can't figure out if he does or not.

Everything you've described, except for your final paragraphs, is just the details of how to convey the overall theme and story of a show. But where you start talking about Yuzu possibly exploring the philosophy or art, culture, and life, that's what I was trying to get at. If he's going to keep doing solo shows (and who knows if that something he will continue or not, it's a LOT of work and pressure), then he needs something to talk/skate about, to structure the show around, and it can't always be the history of his career. Sooner or later, he'll have to move on to other topics

Yes, exactly this. I see, we are on the same page :2thumbsup: My guess is that he may shift from his personal career and life story to a more global POV and also tackle more complex topics with time. But that's just one of many possibilities he has.

Regarding the 10 minute versions, I was thinking about options that Sombreuil has mentioned here as well:

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

I agree the shows will need structure and that 10 minutes is a long time to skate.  Let’s see what he does with Notte Stellata and its cast of very accomplished skaters. Also, just a thought but he has a YouTube channel - he could splice together an extended version of anything he’s done that didn’t quite fit in all his ideas due to the constraints of competition rules.  It’s art now - doesn’t have to be done in one take.

Live shows are just one of many things that Yuzu can do as a pro skater. He can also use his own YT channel or a professional studio-like setting to record a skating performance. I am sure, there are people who would be very happy to collaborate with him for a project like that. Filming your skating professionally and distribute it via streaming or DVD/Blu-ray would have the big advantage that you can take breaks and place the focus on perfecting the quality, including ideal filming angles, zoom, lighting, setting, and the skating itself, too. The approach would be different than in a live event.

But let's wait and see what he has in mind. I am sure that it will be great :cheer:

@rockstaryuzu @Henni147 Interesting points. I see things in a slightly simpler way. What we think of as topics, be it autobiographical motifs or more universal reflections, all come, as you said, from his personal experience, which he expresses using skating as language. And well, although the main arc of his life story thus far has just got its closure, he keeps living, right? He meets new people, makes relationships, learn new things, encounters difficulties of all sorts, listens to music that moves him deeply, reacts to current affairs that he knows from the media, etc. Art is the specific way an artist reacts to the outside world after deep introspection, so I think what he chooses as his next topic just depends on the life he will have from now on as a person. And there is no way for us to know in advance. As long as Yuzuru feels and thinks, hopefully he will have something to say and thus he will have something to skate about.

The second thing is that he seems to feel any music so deeply, that it is itself an unlimited source of inspiration for him. In a way, it's also a kind of dialogue with other people, as each piece of music is a creation of another person. Give him music that resonates within him and you will get a new, original program that reflects his own unique sensibility.

Sooo... how about a joint concert with BTS in the future? 

15 hours ago, nekodearu said:

Sooo... how about a joint concert with BTS in the future? 

Spoiler

It will have to wait until 2025 at least. BTS members have started doing their mandatory military service, one by one, so the whole group of 7 won't be back together until at least June 2025  *sobs in ARMY* :cry:

I want to relate a personal experience that some fanyus may find peculiar. Fortunately, I'm old enough to have long ago accepted my own peculiarities.

I was listening to a guided visualization on the theme of developing compassion, and at one point the instruction was to visualize myself in a space that was very safe and beautiful. Without even an instant's consideration, I thought, "Yuzu's heart! I'll go inside Yuzu's heart."

I'm glad to report that, just as you would expect, it's a marvelous place, like an impeccable gothic cathedral, filled with light streaming in from windows high in its vaulted reaches. I just thought satellites would like to know.

:softYuzu:

1 hour ago, ZuCritter said:

I want to relate a personal experience that some fanyus may find peculiar. Fortunately, I'm old enough to have long ago accepted my own peculiarities.

I was listening to a guided visualization on the theme of developing compassion, and at one point the instruction was to visualize myself in a space that was very safe and beautiful. Without even an instant's consideration, I thought, "Yuzu's heart! I'll go inside Yuzu's heart."

I'm glad to report that, just as you would expect, it's a marvelous place, like an impeccable gothic cathedral, filled with light streaming in from windows high in its vaulted reaches. I just thought satellites would like to know.

:softYuzu:

Sweet , creative

😍😍😍