General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

The key to evolving is to have visions and a strong will to grow. I am very happy that Yuzu is the type of person who always sees room for improvement and is willing to invest a lot to achieve that. With that mindset and attitude he will come very far. This was true for his competitive career, and I'm sure, he will experience great development as a professional, too.

Now that I have watched GIFT multiple times, I noticed that he realized many of our suggestions from the #Challenge4Yuzu initiative. He performed an extended arabesque spiral, a Biellmann spin, he skated a new program to Joe Hisaishi's music, and he even realized the idea of "cinematic figure skating" with the big screen and projection mapping. The background design for POTO was almost the same as the picture that I had selected for my post back then - with the noble ballroom and the big chandelier. I was over the moon to see that idea realized :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Footnote: I wish that he finds a good balance between his workload and time for recovery, physically and mentally, too. What he has accomplished the last months is superhuman. Preparing GIFT alone must have been a mammoth task, and then he still took the time to prepare and skate a 6-minute long program with five quads, two step sequences and a hydroblading that goes against the laws of physics.

Yes to all this. Also, as an artist myself, I know that, ultimately, the work leads, and the job of the artist is to get out of the way enough to see where it is leading.

It’s an act of self-effacement as much as self-expression, which is why all Yuzu’s suffering is inseparable from his greatness. He was born with an immeasurable gift, but I don’t believe that gift would have reached its full expression without 3/11, all the injuries, the betrayals, and even the crimes committed against him by the small men who run competitive skating. 

Hi all, back from Japan and the most incredible experience of being a live audience member of Yuzuru's GIFT to us all. I have rewatched GIFT twice yesterday (the day of my return, who cares about unpacking??) on Disney plus and also an Eng subbed version - both live and recorded versions are mind blowing, and I cried so much as well as smiling and rocking along with Yuzuru! My 20 year old was a good translator for me during the event too so I had some understanding of the themes and what Yuzuru was saying. I look forwards to catching up on all of your posts fellow satellites, we are so so lucky to be alive and to be Yuzuru's fans, the thought of missing out on this stuff is unconscionable!!! Yuzuru is just the most amazing figure skater with a creative and courageous vision like none before him, nor after him in all liklihood. John Curry went on to create beauty and carved a new path in his professional performances and of course had no access to the technological resources Yuzuru has, but he did not think on the scale of Yuzuru's Huge Ideas, the integration of narration, story telling in multiple media, theatre, dance, and sport and art, music, and technology - and a huge huge dose of DRAMA - that entrance!!! That ending Seimei!! Truly mind and heart blowing...

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Hi all, back from Japan and the most incredible experience of being a live audience member of Yuzuru's GIFT to us all. I have rewatched GIFT twice yesterday (the day of my return, who cares about unpacking??) on Disney plus and also an Eng subbed version - both live and recorded versions are mind blowing, and I cried so much as well as smiling and rocking along with Yuzuru! My 20 year old was a good translator for me during the event too so I had some understanding of the themes and what Yuzuru was saying. I look forwards to catching up on all of your posts fellow satellites, we are so so lucky to be alive and to be Yuzuru's fans, the thought of missing out on this stuff is unconscionable!!! Yuzuru is just the most amazing figure skater with a creative and courageous vision like none before him, nor after him in all liklihood. John Curry went on to create beauty and carved a new path in his professional performances and of course had no access to the technological resources Yuzuru has, but he did not think on the scale of Yuzuru's Huge Ideas, the integration of narration, story telling in multiple media, theatre, dance, and sport and art, music, and technology - and a huge huge dose of DRAMA - that entrance!!! That ending Seimei!! Truly mind and heart blowing...

Welcome back. :wave:I'm very happy for you all to have experienced this wonderful show live.:heart:

1 hour ago, YuzuJay said:

Yuzu will be part of FAOI all shows

No drough for us in summer.

smilie_girl_276.gif

Here also Yuzu's profile

20230303_101852ird8o.jpg

Dates

Makuhari show: 26-28th May

Miyagi show: 2-4th June

Niigata show: 16-18th June

Kobe show: 23-25th June

Participating skaters (in English)

[NEWS]

I'm curious, with which musician Yuzu will collaborate this time.🤔

This post has been tagged by Yuzu_legend as [NEWS].

What is it about FaOI that we are all happy to see him there even though there are backstabber there, too? Don't care about others. Yuzu = FaOI. He is so happy when he skates at FaOI! And the first dates are always around my birthday :D and if we have two more masterpieces like Reison (sp?) and I don't remember the other name (something with face? You know the water cup one...) :O, the better

35 minutes ago, Anni said:

Yuzu's profile

20230303_101852ird8o.jpg

Dates

Makuhari show: 26-28th May

Miyagi show: 2-4th June

Niigata show: 16-18th June

Kobe show: 23-25th June

In English:

[NEWS]

I'm curious, with which musician Yuzu will collaborate this time.

please invite Mone 

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Hi, Pammi, welcome back! I've been waiting impatiently for you, can't wait to hear all your thoughts and impressions!