General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, citrusjunos said:

I'm a bit late to the party, but finally got around to joining yay :dancingpooh: And oh wow, 16K likes on the posts, which means at least 16K people have become members! Rough estimate of 16K * $10 USD = $160,000 USD, and 70% of that is $112,000 USD per month. (For reference, Worlds gold medalists for singles win around $65K USD.) Wow, sasuga Hanyuconomy! I love seeing fanyus in action! It's so great that we can finally support him directly. Pro era Yuzu just keeps winning, and I'm here for it.

It's great that so many people could become members!

Your post made me realize that trying to get a sense of the revenue made from memberships is probably more complex given that YouTube's pricing is not quite accurate with current exchange rates for some countries. E.g. It's $9.99 USD if you're in the US, but 1190 yen if you're in Japan (which is ~$7.96 USD...the yen is weak to the US dollar right now). Depending on the countries where fans buying memberships are located, YouTube may be charging more or less than the equivalent of $9.99 USD. And of course, subtract 30% from that for YouTube's cut. 

Just some food for thought :) Ever since Yuzuru mentioned introducing YouTube membership I started becoming more curious about the specifics and tried to look more into it (along with the topic of taxation in Japan).

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

If only one could have the privilege of being able to walk into a department store beauty section and see this.

Yuzu and Sekkisei

If you listen carefully, you can just hear it calling to you   ... Masqueraaaaaade....

To be a Fanyu living in Japan... :64341262:

I wish I could walk into a department store and buy all Yuzu Sekkisei sets... and let the products work on my skin while sitting in an arena and watch Yuzu skate... :10636614:

Wow! What an awesome car! All this beautiful Yuzu fanart paintwork! :knc_yuzu1:

14 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

To be a Fanyu living in Japan... :64341262:

I wish I could walk into a department store and buy all Yuzu Sekkisei sets... and let the products work on my skin while sitting in an arena and watch Yuzu skate... :10636614:

Wow! What an awesome car! All this beautiful Yuzu fanart paintwork! :knc_yuzu1:

The only down side of owning a car like this would be being surrounded by fanyus whenever you needed to pull out of a public parking space and maybe having to wipe lipstick kiss marks from Yuzu's face!!! :winky:

4 hours ago, SomewhereYuzu said:

It's great that so many people could become members!

Your post made me realize that trying to get a sense of the revenue made from memberships is probably more complex given that YouTube's pricing is not quite accurate with current exchange rates for some countries. E.g. It's $9.99 USD if you're in the US, but 1190 yen if you're in Japan (which is ~$7.96 USD...the yen is weak to the US dollar right now). Depending on the countries where fans buying memberships are located, YouTube may be charging more or less than the equivalent of $9.99 USD. And of course, subtract 30% from that for YouTube's cut. 

Just some food for thought :) Ever since Yuzuru mentioned introducing YouTube membership I started becoming more curious about the specifics and tried to look more into it (along with the topic of taxation in Japan).

Ah, didn't know much about it and just assumed it'd be the same price everywhere. Suffice to say though that he is still most likely earning in the mid tens of thousands at least, which is awesome. 

On 10/18/2022 at 8:08 AM, Hydroblade said:

For simple messages it's fine (because of translations)

Links to members-only videos, codes for early access or links intended only for people subscribing would be off limits :YuzuPooh:

I think thats definitely the right way to go, but a question:

Will everyone see what he posted, just not have access to it without a membership or will the content be completely hidden from non members? (I have no idea how a youtube membership works, didn't even know its possible).

If thats the case it would be great if one could share the information what he posted.

I for example will most likely do a occasional subscrption, like for a month, and then leave again (think others plan to do this as well), so knowing what he posted would help greatly to time such a on/off membership.

58 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

Will everyone see what he posted, just not have access to it without a membership or will the content be completely hidden from non members? (I have no idea how a youtube membership works, didn't even know its possible).

If thats the case it would be great if one could share the information what he posted.

I for example will most likely do a occasional subscrption, like for a month, and then leave again (think others plan to do this as well), so knowing what he posted would help greatly to time such a on/off membership.

You can't see without a membership anything outside the normal. The YouTube channel will only have the videos generally available and there's no way of knowing when a membership post/video is shared, unfortunately. Unless Yuzu decides to "tease" a bit the content that members do see

54 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

How the channel will post about new content remains to be seen

The channel might have a public notice to let people know that there is a new video and possibly a brief description. That would not be revealing the content to non members and that is also probably reasonable way to let non members know if there are new videos or costumes or reworked past programmes that will be available in the members section. Then people will be able to make informed decisions about whether to start subscription or wait until there is a lot of content to binge on.

Is that what you meant? That would be no different to a streaming service advertising that a sports match or new series will be appearing on a particular TV streaming service, the actual content is not shared in the non member section.

10 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Yuzu cherry tree and Ice Garden project

The Nemophila seedlings are already sprouting

Sprouting seedlings always feel like a symbol of hope.

Hoping that Prologue will give Yuzu the success he justly deserves.

I really hope that Yuzu’s tree will one day blossom as beautifully as the Japanese cherry trees around our home.

Spoiler

uZpFQXt.jpg

A0L0NOx.jpg

tWC58wv.jpg

rv1l4Tx.jpg

23 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

How the channel will post about new content remains to be seen

The channel might have a public notice to let people know that there is a new video and possibly a brief description. That would not be revealing the content to non members and that is also probably reasonable way to let non members know if there are new videos or costumes or reworked past programmes that will be available in the members section. Then people will be able to make informed decisions about whether to start subscription or wait until there is a lot of content to binge on.

Is that what you meant? That would be no different to a streaming service advertising that a sports match or new series will be appearing on a particular TV streaming service, the actual content is not shared in the non member section.

Yes, thats what I meant, thanks. Ok, then we will just wait and see😊

56 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I really hope that Yuzu’s tree will one day blossom as beautifully as the Japanese cherry trees around our home.

Hide contents

uZpFQXt.jpg

A0L0NOx.jpg

tWC58wv.jpg

rv1l4Tx.jpg

That must be a beautiful sight in the Springtime. When you see the Sakura, I hope that you feel close to Yuzu. The is a little cherry tree in my garden, variety is Stella and it produces pretty blossom and in late summer about a couple of dozen fruits which the birds always manage to eat before anyone has the chance to pick them. 

51 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

Yes, thats what I meant, thanks. Ok, then we will just wait and see😊

The Community section on the Hanyu Yuzuru channel will most likely be the place for new content to be advertised. Yuzu did mention that there would still be new content on the public part of the channel as well. 

If anything appears on the general channel or the members section news will appear on social media even if the content is not shared, there are bound to be many notifications that something of importance has happened. Any new content will most likely be posted at 11:11 or 12:07 JST, Yuzu loves the number 1111 or at least that what a lot of fans say. Due to the time difference between Japan and Europe/ the Americas, it will be news that European and American residents will wake up to. 

Fans have already been speculating whether Yuzu will have headliner news to post on November 11th at 11:11. Might well be like Christmas day or birthday day for fans, sorry this is all so exciting it is easy to get carried away. Gone are the Yuzu hermit days, at least for the time being