General Yuzuru Chat

On 8/9/2022 at 3:17 PM, gapil27 said:

It still boggles my mind how a 1 minute video has nearly 2M views. Just GOAT things, I guess :grin:

What’s even more amazing is that a 2 hour video has more than 2M views. It’s a freaking two hour video of someone practicing. Just a single person warming up and skating. Not a movie, concert, entertainment videos, etc. 

39 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

What’s even more amazing is that a 2 hour video has more than 2M views. It’s a freaking two hour video of someone practicing. Just a single person warming up and skating. Not a movie, concert, entertainment videos, etc. 

I was thinking along similar lines, that people watched someone not just practising, but also putting on skate boots, taking vitamin and energy supplements, drink from a bottle, blow their nose, check a phone that they say they don't have and pet a teddy bear. Not only that but either stayed up very late or got up crazy early to watch and then have saved and rewatched the same video... and would gladly do so again.

I haven't been hanging around since Yuzu's presscon on upgrading to pro stage but have been thinking of him (hope to share my thoughts here later). I've only managed to catch up with the Salt Mine thread and his translated post-SharePractice interviews. But for now, need to offload some thoughts here :

The recurring message I get from these interviews is he loves the sport of figure sporting and takes pride in being an athlete of high technical abilities and expressions (never mind the governing bodies and US media is redefining the sport as having only an athletic form). He’s telling us he’s not resting on his laurels when turning to pro but rather aiming to up his game. There’s much more creative space for him to explore a myriad of expressive representations. Hence, we should stay tuned and excited for his pro athlete performances.

At this juncture, more than ever, I believe he wants supporters/fans to view him as an athlete, not an idol. With his looks, talents on ice and personality, it is easy to see him as an idol now that he no longer represents Japan as an elite athlete for comps. It is commonly reported that fans of celebrities loitering/sneaking around hotels or places they stay/visit just to get a glimpse of their idols. Hence, his appeal for privacy when he is practicising at the Sendai rink.

It’s a known fact that his skating life starts at Sendai, yet it’s still heartwarming to know he wants it to be the launch pad of his pro athlete career and him wanting to get involved in other activities to benefit his people. He’s truly a Sendai boy at heart. 

With the invitations and multiple one-on-one interviews (his sincerity shines through) he granted to the Jmedia to cover his first event on the pro stage, Yuzu came across as a fair and just biz man who wants to give these 25 media outlets a fair chance (each given a 5-min interview cum photography session) to compete and report on his news story as he knows his news contents bring in sales. I'm impressed by his efforts in taking care of these media companies.

Thanks for your time:59182a91b7414_cool(1):

54 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Yuzu is giving herself (and us) the best birthday present and is going on a world ice show tour starting in early December.:dancingpooh::well done:

WOOOOOOOO a hyper  :626 two: for his 28 years and moreover during Christmas  :happydance: :loveshower: and here is Yuzu who speaks a lot of English and only PRAISE  :girlsigh: and another on his jumps in his practice and with  :YuzuPoohLove: and his "mistakes" too 

22 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Gorgeous new Yuzu pics! :loveshower:

To think that these must have been taken after Yuzu's practice and interview marathon. And he wasn't wearing any make-up! That man is really from another planet. :girlsigh:

[NEWS]

These pics could’ve been a watch ad. And I would’ve bought that watch (if I can afford it 🤣)