General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Have faith- apart from when he was persuaded to do NDP has he chosen badly?

POTO offended my ears. That singer was so flat and it ruins the whole thing for me. I wish they'd let him do it before they allowed lyrics. I can't believe so many people okayed that recording. :Poohgaveup:

8 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I too wonder whether feeling fit after two illness and injury filled seasons (2014-16) will make him rethink- after thinking he might have to give up, the prospect of no more skating having been faced, he could be more motivated to keep going as long as he doesn't get injured.

I'm a bit worried about what he'll do if Javi r****s. There's so much said about how they push each other to be better and he's very humbly attributed all his success to Javi talking him down when he's exploding with anxiety. I suppose the young ones have lit a fire in him but maybe Javi would be good on team Orser as a sports psychologist. :P

Also, if he really isn't bringing 4lz this season, the only reason he'd be practicing it is to use it in competition, right? So we'll get at least until 2019 Worlds, surely.

14 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

POTO offended my ears. That singer was so flat and it ruins the whole thing for me. I wish they'd let him do it before they allowed lyrics. I can't believe so many people okayed that recording. :Poohgaveup:

I don't even remember , which version was it ??

2 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

I have no idea because I don't much like Andrew Lloyd Webber but probably they used the movie soundrack that came out in 200?.

Ugh, every time that man yell-sings THA MUUUSIIIC OOOOF THAAAAA NIIIIIGHT I cringe. I KNOW humans have access to auto-tune technology! Use it, humans!

6 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Warhorse aside, Carmina Burana may be one of my favorites.

Sorrynotsorry for quoting myself but

I've always thought some songs from the Star Wars Ep. 3 soundtrack sounded a lot like Carmina Burana, and at first I always thought the skaters were skating to Star Wars and was disappointed when they weren't.

6 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

I have no idea because I don't much like Andrew Lloyd Webber but probably they used the movie soundrack that came out in 200?.

Ugh, every time that man yell-sings THA MUUUSIIIC OOOOF THAAAAA NIIIIIGHT I cringe. I KNOW humans have access to auto-tune technology! Use it, humans!

It was Gerard Butler singing, which, I totally get your dislike for..... If only they could have used the 25th anniversary version of POTO instead! My absolute favorite version of POTO with my absolute favorite Phantom :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: Aaaaand this is veering into music talk :81:

3 minutes ago, obscurite said:

It was Gerard Butler singing, which, I totally get your dislike for..... If only they could have used the 25th anniversary version of POTO instead! My absolute favorite version of POTO with my absolute favorite Phantom :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: Aaaaand this is veering into music talk :81:

I heard they wanted Hugh Jackman. DAMNIT, HUGH! You could have saved Yuzu!!!

Just now, obscurite said:

Wait, I probably would have hated Hugh even more?? His permanent vibrato in Les Mis was even more grating than Gerard's bellow-singing :14066882:

My impression of Hugh Jackman comes only from seeing him as Gaston in the Beauty and the Beast stage musical as a child. I remember not being traumatised so I'm just assuming my ears weren't assaulted.

Don't get me started on vibrato, though. Actually, if Mr Butler had used it he could have hidden his flatness, just like too many opera singers (please don't come after me, opera world.)

I didn't see Les Mis because I can't take Russell Crowe seriously, though I do a mighty fine impression of him. (Why was that film so Australiany?)

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

My impression of Hugh Jackman comes only from seeing him as Gaston in the Beauty and the Beast stage musical as a child. I remember not being traumatised so I'm just assuming my ears weren't assaulted.

Don't get me started on vibrato, though. Actually, if Mr Butler had used it he could have hidden his flatness, just like too many opera singers (please don't come after me, opera world.)

I didn't see Les Mis because I can't take Russell Crowe seriously, though I do a mighty fine impression of him. (Why was that film so Australiany?)

you mentioning les mis made me remember how much i used to want yuzu to skate to empty chairs [x] [x]

1 minute ago, Forcefield said:

I thought Mura was doing POTO 2.0 this season? It'd be a disaster if Hanyu does it too I mean, they both did it for the same 14-15 season also! Thus suddenly remembering that, I don't think Hanyu will be bringing back POTO. :DancingAlien:

Or I hope not.

Let's send him a muffin basket of thanks!

2 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I thought Mura was doing POTO 2.0 this season? It'd be a disaster if Hanyu does it too I mean, they both did it for the same 14-15 season also! Thus suddenly remembering that, I don't think Hanyu will be bringing back POTO. :DancingAlien:

Or I hope not.

Mura and a few of the ladies are using POTO, Grant Hochstein is using music of the night so thankfully i hope we're safe