General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

Thank you so much for the info! This will help. What were the VIP tickets? Although i assume the generally bought ones are the all-event tickets. I can look it up later, of course, but if you can provide a quick answer, it'd be great.

Once more, thank you so much!

Basically seats in the front rows and judges' side are all sold with VIP packages. The extremely expensive VIP packages provided lunch (not "gourmet" at all lol) and give you the access to a lounge (very crowded). 

1 minute ago, JanMary said:

Basically seats in the front rows and judges' side are all sold with VIP packages. The extremely expensive VIP packages provided lunch (not "gourmet" at all lol) and give you the access to a lounge (very crowded). 

Thank you! Yeah, that might be too expensive and over the top for me. I will definitely look up all the relevant info in the following days, but I'd like to thank everyone who provided any kind of information for events and for the fact that threads that discuss tickets and meetings exist. For someone who has just gotten into FS (well, Yuzu's FS), it's very very helpful.

55 minutes ago, JanMary said:

Yeah, I would decide to go for it only and only for having the best possible seat, not interested in "gourmet" or lounge. 

Just want to see Yuzu skate live. 

Sorry to say, I will probably buy VIP ticket for events

In the past, I have not been able to go abroad to see Yuzu skate, family, work etc ( and slight apprehension of travelling solo ). No events of this calibre in UK

Clearly it's my decision alone, but I am willing to pay and hopefully see everything up close.

Sad to say, but having watched ISU congress in entirety, I have little hope that figure skating in the form that Planetary satellites enjoy, will survive unscathed. There was no mention of any new format, for example regarding a proposed split between jump laden 'athletic' vs 'artistic' event in singles.

Projecting my own feelings, but it seems that rather than introduce objective scoring systems and scrutinise judging to ensure adherence to scoring guide, ISU has made some dubious decisions, prioritising high BV jump programmes with little reward for PCS.

Imho programmes will be empty run ups to jumps. After this season, very few competitors will bother with the aesthetics as people sacrifice non scoring elements in order to gain jump landing consistency.

How this might affect Yuzu's decision as to his continued involvement is competitive skating remains to be seen. I don't want to squander this chance

Many apologies for whinging

Many thanks for the ticket info

18 hours ago, LiaRy said:

An attempt at putting together the important Yuzu crumbs we got today at the suggestion of @Xiupia

Many thanks @LiaRythat you have posted this again here. :thanks:

6 hours ago, LiaRy said:

This Rondo dress is so beautiful! Let me know if there is a more apropriate thread where I should post this 

What a pity, I can’t see the Rondo dress anymore because the tweet was deleted.:huh:

... by the way costumes (see thread)  :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

4 hours ago, Sun_Rise said:

These were the VIP packages and prices (under spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

VIP PLATINUM PLUS: exclusive seats in the Platinum Plus sector, private entrance, dedicated lounge and hostess, gourmet catering, Deluxe gift - € 1600

VIP PLATINUM: exclusive seats in the Platinum sector, dedicated lounge and hostess, gourmet catering, gift - € 1375

VIP GOLD: exclusive seats in the Gold sector, dedicated lounge and hostess, gourmet catering, gift - € 990

daylight robbery! :tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg:

can anyone confirm on this:  pooh cannot be thrown from judge side

5 minutes ago, meowmeownyan said:

can anyone confirm on this:  pooh cannot be thrown from judge side

I think you still can throw Pooh from the judge side?? :think: Never heard any particular prohibition to this in any competition, not even in the big ones (GP and up).

Just make sure you don't hit the judges I guess? :xD:

15 minutes ago, Muffinator said:

@LiaRy Wow, that Yuzu video interview you posted about the 4A REALLY makes it sound like he is not retiring. If his goal is still to pursue the 4A, he needs competitions to authenticate it. This is the closest I have heard him sound like he is pressing forward without retiring. 

I think the retirement rumour is just that... a rumour - because he's 27 and thus 'old' for the sport, but Yuzu's never indicated that he's stopping anytime soon. He's been in top 4 of every competition for 10 years, why would he retire now?! Just because another olympic cycle ended, that doesn't mean the ending of his competitive career. And I think he'll leave competition on his own terms, not because ISU is pushing him out. 

1 hour ago, LiaRy said:

I think the retirement rumour is just that... a rumour - because he's 27 and thus 'old' for the sport, but Yuzu's never indicated that he's stopping anytime soon.

He made it pretty clear at JNats that it had originally been his plan to land 4A there and then retire right away. He has indicated retirement not so long ago.

My own speculations are:

- He says he still wants to land 4A. He won‘t try it on a small and dark show rink with bad ice condition. If he wants 4A, he will continue to compete.

- His injury is not fully healed yet, and he may have to wait and see how far it can heal and if he can realistically practice 4A with his ankle again.

- He seems to avoid interviews these days. The Ice Jewels interview had only 3 questions (previously Ice Jewels interviews had been quite long), and according to Olympics, he refused to talk to the media after the first Makuhari show. Maybe he doesn’t want to be asked about about his future career right now because needs more time for a final decision?

- I heared Javi say loud and clear in yesterday’s broadcast that Yuzu will continue to compete :2thumbsup: He probably knows what Yuzu himself wants and hopes to do.