General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Adjusting and praying. But at least on MF, your camera doesn't lock the shutter if AF freaks out (I've missed a perfect shot when I was actually focused but AF thought it was destined to focus on the background...never again lol).

@CupidsBow, your photos are great! Do figure skating venue allow you to bring larger telephoto lenses? I know the tennis actually checked your bags and banned lenses that were 200mm+

I have no idea actually but at 4CC the Gangneung arena didn't seem to care at all so long as you weren't using flash. I don't think they checked bags (though I imagine that will not be the case at the actual olympics)

I'm unlikely to actually hire a huge lens because money but i think my friend might be. If I think I'm too far away for photos I might fancam if we're allowed.

2 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

ahhhh yes that is mine! I'm hoping my B seats for the FS are a bit closer than the ones I had for 4CC so I don't need to lug around another lens XD

I'm fond of this one even though the focus is a bit >> soft

tumblr_olnz3rSbpa1vckx7qo2_1280.jpg

I'm really looking forward to trying to photograph his again with a better camera body XD

I love these! How lucky we are to be sending you to the Olympics! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

10 часов назад, CupidsBow сказал:

constant adjustment of the focusing ring and practice i imagine XD

I have the 70-200 f2.8 but I don;t manual focus on moving objects because .... hahaha no, my camera AF is shitty (I have a 70D) but it holds up okay so long as i'm around f3.5, below that the af just totally goes to shit.

I'm going to upgrade my camera to the 5d mark 4 before pyeongchang tho so I should be able to get some nice photos. Though I am considering renting another lens (maybe a 300mm or 400mm. my 70-200 was still real far out at 4cc. i have A seats for SP but B and C for lp and gala so a zoomier lens might be better...) I don't have many photos of yuzu cuz i only went to 4cc and didn't really take photos there but i have a lot of photo of idols here

I rented Canon 70D with L 70-200 4.0 IS lens this season cuz I'v read it's pretty fast and I always shoot series of shots so wouldn't even dream about using MF :laughing: But now I'm wondering maybe I should try Canon 7D Mark II at CoR - it will cost almost the same, also L 70-200 2.8 seems tempting but I'm afraid it's too heavy to shoot from hands...

11 hours ago, Lunna said:

I rented Canon 70D with L 70-200 4.0 IS lens this season cuz I'v read it's pretty fast and I always shoot series of shots so wouldn't even dream about using MF :laughing: But now I'm wondering maybe I should try Canon 7D Mark II at CoR - it will cost almost the same, also L 70-200 2.8 seems tempting but I'm afraid it's too heavy to shoot from hands...

definitely, go with the 7DmarkII the AF is far superior and it has different AF modes for the kind of movement you expect it to track. I hate my 70d and have had problems with the af constantly not focusing on the point I'm trying to shoot, arbitrarily sliding out of focus, being totally unable to track motion etc. even if i have it a f3.5 (which helps, it hates being at f2.8) or take it off al servo and try it on single shot. My previous camera was a nikon d300 which i replaced for being old and being practically useless in low-light settings because its iso was bad, but the d300's AF was amazing :( 

6 минут назад, CupidsBow сказал:

I hate my 70d and have had problems with the af constantly not focusing on the point I'm trying to shoot, arbitrarily sliding out of focus, being totally unable to track motion etc. even if i have it a f3.5 (which helps, it hates being at f2.8) or take it off al servo and try it on single shot.

Couldn't it be the lens problem? I dunno cuz never had that much problems with AF at least in auto mode and in series of shorts (like sports mode or smth.) - yeah a couple of pics in the series can be not focused but mostly spot on. But in this mode I was not very happy with camera jpeg (too noisy pics and too much light), when I accidentally started shooting in RAW it became better)) 

Just now, Lunna said:

Couldn't it be the lens problem? I dunno cuz never had that much problems with AF at least in auto mode and in series of shorts (like sports mode or smth.) - yeah a couple of pics in the series can be not focused but mostly spot on. But in this mode I was not very happy with camera jpeg (too noisy pics and too much light), when I accidentally started shooting in RAW it became better)) 

I don't think it's the lens because I have 2 friends with the same model and different lenses with the same kind of problems. It's not like it's unusable, I still get good enough images, but it can be really frustrating. Like if i'm shooting FS it's not so bad because I have 2.40/4.30 minutes (plus 6 minutes warm up, plus the time it takes to leave the ice)  to get some good shots - but I mostly use my camera trying to get as many usable shots as I can in as little amount of time as a minute with not a lot of time to test and adjust. 

I'm upgrading my body before Pyeongchang anyway so *shrug*