General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Kat said:

I'm going to commit some of those to memory! I usually just go white noise blank and look stupid while they either get meaner, or smug. 

There's also the option of memorising things about other skaters or events. Like, I have very strong opinions about Denis Ten not winning Worlds against Patrick Chan, and goodness knows how long I can talk about how great Sasha Cohen's spirals were and what a shame it was that she didn't land that quad in competition, and I will always bring up trivia about Aljona S going to her first Olympics before Alina Zagitova was even born even though they both got their golds at the same Olympics. 

The other one is if you can figure out how ice dance is scored, no one can say you're not a fan because that is a mark of serious dedication.

4 minutes ago, MssSwan said:

I was wondering about it too, playing safe i think the best choice would be the 4A, 4S maybe a 4Lo even though I don't think putting a 4A and a 4Lo in the same program is a good idea (at least not now) so maybe a 4T+3T and 4T+Eu+3S? Maybe going with the Toe and the Sal would be better since he's very familiarized with this jumps. This thing about the 3A being a requirement in this case is something I'm indeed very curious, technically the 4A is still a quad and we would still need a 3A, so I don't know what ISU's gonna decide, they probably didn't even expected that someone would be crazy enough to try this on a high level competition   :LOL:

He loves a 3A though, so I don't know that he'd leave it out rather than putting both in

3 hours ago, Kat said:

Even outside of competitions. If you say you like Figure Skating and follow up with Yuzuru as your favorite skater...be prepared for blow back, gate keeping, and elitism.

"You're not a REAL fan." Level sniping.

and this kind of facial expression:

:disappointed:

29 minutes ago, memae said:

He loves a 3A though, so I don't know that he'd leave it out rather than putting both in

He can just shift one jump back, so, say, 4A - 4Lo - 3A2T - 3Lo // 4S3T - 4TLo3S - 3A :) 

PS: I know this layout has 4 quads still, but the way Tenchi is constructed with the triples in between the quads is just perfect to me so there :)

29 minutes ago, memae said:

There's also the option of memorising things about other skaters or events. Like, I have very strong opinions about Denis Ten not winning Worlds against Patrick Chan, and goodness knows how long I can talk about how great Sasha Cohen's spirals were and what a shame it was that she didn't land that quad in competition, and I will always bring up trivia about Aljona S going to her first Olympics before Alina Zagitova was even born even though they both got their golds at the same Olympics. 

The other one is if you can figure out how ice dance is scored, no one can say you're not a fan because that is a mark of serious dedication.

Talking about Toller Cranston's artistry and the Salt Lake bribery scandal usually proves my bona fides

1 hour ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Oh I don't know, probably they'd say NC gonna sail unopposed right for the gold medal? He walks to it on a red carpet? The gold medal handed to him on a silver platter? It's his competition to lose? /s /s /s /s

Totally ignores the fact that Kolyada is fully capable of challenging and even beating Nathan, not to mention so could Shoma on a good day. 

5 hours ago, TurtleCere said:

Hello, 

First time I post here. 

I'm relatively newish to figure skating so I'm not knowledgeable about the technical aspect of it. After World, it looks like many in the figure skating world are considering Nathan as the unbeatable king and many "experts" in the field (coaches, skaters and commentators) are praising his athleticism and artistry, basically implying that he's unbeatable and that Yuzuru is done and past his prime. 

I noticed that it's not only US commentators but also experts from other countries, the only exception being Ambesi. While ordinary people like me still seem to prefer Yuzu and his unparalleled artistry. 

Why do so many experts seem to prefer Nathan to Yuzu? 

I also would like to add that this is just my personal impression after reading sport articles and navigating in social media, and might not be necessarily objective. 

Hello and welcome I hope you enjoy your time here :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

Figure Skating is not an usual sport when you hear "experts" talking about any skater there's a lot of things to be considered, most of the times they're going to be biased towards an athlete from their own country or they're gonna go with the flow and praise the skater that is "on the top" right now to just say bad things about them next season. I've been a fan of figure skating for many years and for an athlete to be considered the "complete package" there's so many things you need to consider, you need to analyze if the skater is consistent, if he can balance the technical score and the PCs, if that skater have good jumps, if the skater have good spins like there's so many things to look at it that it's hard to pick only one skater and label him as "the complete package". I'm not a huge fan of Nathan but I've watched most of his competitions and you can't label him as "the complete package" you really just need to watch his competitions to see that he needs to work on the PC's and be a little bit more consistent under pressure so when you look at those "experts" opinions and you watch both of them skate you can tell the opinion is "biased" and does not reflect the reality, they're pretty delusional sometimes with the things they say so don't take them too serious 

I hope I answered some of your questions   :pudding:

19 minutes ago, Melodie said:

How about 4T3T - 4SLo3S - 3A ? 

But his flow on the 4S3T is just gorgeous ...

1. I have a trauma.

2. He didn't train 4s3t for 3 years already.

3. The difference between 4t and 4s, both in BV and GOE factor, is less than a point. Not worth it.

4. I have a trauma.