General Yuzuru Chat

Last year, did they sell tickets for the Autumn Classic right before or about a couple weeks before the event? Sorry, if this has been discussed before and I couldn't find it :P. Would love to go but would need some time to plan and find a reasonable excuse to take time off from work :smiley-angelic006: As flights go, the eastern part of Canada is relatively close to the UK.

6 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

Last year, did they sell tickets for the Autumn Classic right before or about a couple weeks before the event? Sorry, if this has been discussed before and I couldn't find it :P. Would love to go but would need some time to plan and find a reasonable excuse to take time off from work :smiley-angelic006: As flights go, the eastern part of Canada is relatively close to the UK.

From what I've seen you can only buy the tickets on site so I guess only before you enter? But you can reserve them (I don't know if you can reserve them online tho)

Literally there was no real reservation for SCAC; the Montreal arena does not even have individual seats that they only have benches. What I have done for last year's SCAC was to email Skate Canada for getting a so-called confirmation that I will be guaranteed with tickets only. Then when you arrive you can purchase the tickets directly in the arena. Based on past experience, they never pre-sale tickets; it is always direct purchase from the arena at events. 

5 minutes ago, Elaine said:

Literally there was no real reservation for SCAC; the Montreal arena does not even have individual seats that they only have benches. What I have done for last year's SCAC was to email Skate Canada for getting a so-called confirmation that I will be guaranteed with tickets only. Then when you arrive you can purchase the tickets directly in the arena. Based on past experience, they never pre-sale tickets; it is always direct purchase from the arena at events. 

This seems a recipe for disaster, actually, but it's a small competition and venue so it probably has a lot less people attending. Was there any confusion the two years Yuzu has gone to it? With possibly most of his attending fans coming from outside Canada, it seems like it might be a bit of a logistical confusion if everyone is buying tickets at the same time. 

4 hours ago, meoima said:

It seems team Brian has just updated their twitter, I wonder if there is some news: https://twitter.com/TeamBrian2018

Translation was just posted on YHIFG

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1610393525875114/permalink/1920745978173199/

This is a Q&A done with Coach Orser by the publisher of “Team Brian The Legend of 300 points” posted on 23 June 2017, in the official Twitter account.

Last round posted here: 
https://twitter.com/TeamBrian2018/status/878248762300178433

The full tweet thread translation as follows:
Good evening. Entries to the Challenger series has also been announced, and it soon got excited for the Olympics season.

Well, today we will reveal the last round of the project of Coach Orser’s answer to all readers' questions.

Question:
What has Hanyu senshu changed the most since he came to the Cricket Club? (From Tano)

From Coach Orser:
Yuzuru has adjusted to Cricket Club. A sense of solidarity and trust is built over time and he has become a member of our family.
We shared the same thoughts when Yuna (Kim Yuna) was here.
Yuzuru can be himself when he is in Cricket (Club), I think that he knows that he will never be criticised nor exposed to curious eyes. Naturally, there are times when everyone are in good condition and times when they are not.
Although he still do not talk excessively (talk in garrulity) of his thoughts now, over time he is able to express (to us) what's in his mind.

That is all.

Also, although it is not related to the question, (Coach Orser) also talked about things to keep in mind while teaching the students.

(Coach Orser)
Because we are all human beings, there are good times and bad times. There are times when you wake up feeling bad, and the feeling will just drag on, isn't it? Sometimes there's worries/troubles from private matters, and sometimes there's worries/troubles with sports. The important thing in our work is to "read" the feelings of these students, to let them understand that we are there for them, and are prepared for a consultation at any time. Some problems take time to resolve, others can be pinpoint and solved.

That is all.

Sorry that we can not answer all of the many questions, It would be good if it helps with connecting readers and Coach Orser, even a little.

Since the Q&A of Coach Orser has ended, this (Twitter) account will also be ended. When there is notice in the future, we will notify through the editorial in charge's blog.

The editorial in charge's blog "Karamaru Diary" → http://karamaru.com/

Thank you for reading this (Twitter) account though it was a short period.

From now on, we would greatly appreciate if all concerned parties, together with all of you, could support Coach Orser and Team Brian towards the Olympics season.

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

This seems a recipe for disaster, actually, but it's a small competition and venue so it probably has a lot less people attending. Was there any confusion the two years Yuzu has gone to it? With possibly most of his attending fans coming from outside Canada, it seems like it might be a bit of a logistical confusion if everyone is buying tickets at the same time. 

Actually, not a disaster at all:snpeace:.I went to SCAC in 2015 and 2016,  and both events were organized very well imo. I haven't heard any issue about ticket purchasing at SCAC; the box office runs from 7 to 7 I think? You can go buy tickets anytime and it would not take you more than 1 minute. I think they try to keep things manually as much as they could and as you said, it is relatively a small comp and they have been doing well in past three years, including the two years that Yuzu attended; so I don't think they would change their ticket sale process this year.

5 minutes ago, Elaine said:

Actually, not a disaster at all:snpeace:.I went to SCAC in 2015 and 2016,  and both events were organized very well imo. I haven't heard any issue about ticket purchasing at SCAC; the box office runs from 7 to 7 I think? You can go buy tickets anytime and it would not take you more than 1 minute. I think they try to keep things manually as much as they could and as you said, it is relatively a small comp and they have been doing well in past three years, including the two years that Yuzu attended; so I don't think they would change their ticket sale process this year.

Thank you! Good to know! :pbow:

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Tip: skip school. There won't be a second chance like this...

Hello

Last year at Autumn Classics Montreal I reserved the ticket online in the website of Skate Canada, in part because my Japanese friend wanted to make sure we get the tickets. But you don't need to, and they prepare in advance our tickets, when we came to collect our tickets, we pay with credit card. It is really a friendly place, no research on the bag, no question about whether you bring in water bottle or food. Anyway, you don't need to bring in food. There are lots of good restaurants, healthy meals, salads or burgers prepared on the spot to your orders. Friendly price too. We can watch the whole day if you want, go out for lunch and come back, as long as you wear the wristband. There is price also for each and every day too, if you don't want to stay for 3 days.

For last year, I think the ticket costed 80 $ Canadian for all 3 days practice and competitions, or for each day:

- First day is for practices for all 4 competitions, men, ladies, pairs and ice dance. Cost: 10$ Canadian, or 7$US,

- Second day is all 4 short programs, cost: 30$ Canadian, or 20$ US

- Third day is all free programs and victory ceremonies, cost: 40$ Canadian or 30$US.

Think about you can follow Yuzuru in every step, when he practiced, when he skated in competition, with your own eyes, with carema, video, cell phone, iPad.

Even you can see him for haft an hour or more in the meeting room with all 4 see-through glass walls.

I was so surprised to see him inside this room, at about 3 feet from me. And it was the crowd of fans in front of the glass room which made me notice his presence there. I think Yuzuru is a little surprised and embarrassed too. He laught. We saw him with his entourage including his mother, but no coach Brian in there.

I think that those laid back manners only happen in Canada. The organization around the competition is very laid back, they provided a space for the journalists at the last minute.

1 minute ago, Vadrouille said:

Hello

Last year at Autumn Classics Montreal I reserved the ticket online in the website of Skate Canada, in part because my Japanese friend wanted to make sure we get the tickets. But you don't need to, and they prepare in advance our tickets, when we came to collect our tickets, we pay with credit card. It is really a friendly place, no research on the bag, no question about whether you bring in water bottle or food. Anyway, you don't need to bring in food. There are lots of good restaurants, healthy meals, salads or burgers prepared on the spot to your orders. Friendly price too. We can watch the whole day if you want, go out for lunch and come back, as long as you wear the wristband. There is price also for each and every day too, if you don't want to stay for 3 days.

For last year, I think the ticket costed 80 $ Canadian for all 3 days practice and competitions, or for each day:

- First day is for practices for all 4 competitions, men, ladies, pairs and ice dance. Cost: 10$ Canadian, or 7$US,

- Second day is all 4 short programs, cost: 30$ Canadian, or 20$ US

- Third day is all free programs and victory ceremonies, cost: 40$ Canadian or 30$US.

Think about you can follow Yuzuru in every step, when he practiced, when he skated in competition, with your own eyes, with carema, video, cell phone, iPad.

Even you can see him for haft an hour or more in the meeting room with all 4 see-through glass walls.

I was so surprised to see him inside this room, at about 3 feet from me. And it was the crowd of fans in front of the glass room which made me notice his presence there. I think Yuzuru is a little surprised and embarrassed too. He laught. We saw him with his entourage including his mother, but no coach Brian in there.

I think that those laid back manners only happen in Canada. The organization around the competition is very laid back, they provided a space for the journalists at the last minute.

Oh, so there is a way to reserve the tickets? How soon do you think it's possible to do that? 

So... This is the closest we can possibly get to him :10636614:?

I have really been blessed by the skating gods...

20 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Shit that arrangement for the tickets is highly inconvenient for me. I need to have a proof of what i am going to do in Canada...

And what if i go and i can't get tickets :sadPooh:

Maybe their 'email reservation' process will be sufficient? I would think they will send a reply which could be used as proof?

Or, what about buying a (relatively) inexpensive ticket for some other event going on in Montreal same days and using that as your proof? It shouldn't be hard to find something in the $20 neighborhood?

I'm coming from Missouri and while I'm not happy about not getting in-my-hand tickets before, since it seemed to work fine last 2 years Yuzu was there I'm willing to chance it. 

:grouphug:

2 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Maybe their 'email reservation' process will be sufficient? I would think they will send a reply which could be used as proof?

Or, what about buying a (relatively) inexpensive ticket for some other event going on in Montreal same days and using that as your proof? It shouldn't be hard to find something in the $20 neighborhood?

I'm coming from Missouri and while I'm not happy about not getting in-my-hand tickets before, since it seemed to work fine last 2 years Yuzu was there I'm willing to chance it. 

:grouphug:

I think i'll have to go with that email reservation thing... But i woudl like to know when i can do that...

I will be very stressed and anxious if i can't reserve them, because i'm doing a great financial sacrifice to be there :sadPooh: and if i get there only to see that there are no tickets i will be absolutely crushed...

Anyways...

The thread for Today's broadcast! Is the same as the last one but i updated the instructions to watch ABC :D GIMME SOME FLUFF

So, I was just looking over some videos from Yuzu at ACI last year- no gifts thrown on the ice? Really?? I guess they don't have a team of skaters on hand to pick them up. Was there some other way to leave him a gift?

Also, I'm thinking hard on whether or not I am brave enough to wear Pooh-ears... I WANT to, and Danibellerika was SO cute wearing them in Helsinki. 

:goe:

12 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

So, I was just looking over some videos from Yuzu at ACI last year- no gifts thrown on the ice? Really?? I guess they don't have a team of skaters on hand to pick them up. Was there some other way to leave him a gift?

Also, I'm thinking hard on whether or not I am brave enough to wear Pooh-ears... I WANT to, and Danibellerika was SO cute wearing them in Helsinki. 

:goe:

darn it, there goes my plan of delivering my letter via Pooh Mail...

6 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Oh, so there is a way to reserve the tickets? How soon do you think it's possible to do that? 

So... This is the closest we can possibly get to him :10636614:?

I have really been blessed by the skating gods...

You can follow the website of Skate Canada, on the site of Autumn Classics International in Montreal 2017, September 20-23.

I think around July or August, they will start to provide reservation information.

They will provide information for tickets purchase and reservation online, no payment needed, we pay only when we arrive to get the ticket, no lineup. After your reservation, they will send you an email for confirmation of your reservation, so you are guaranteed you get the ticket. Maybe You can also use the confirmation document of Skate Canada to obtain your visa or permit to travel to Canada.

Also there are plenty of hotels, bed&breakfast , hostels in Montreal.

The public transportation is very good, with metro, bus, train.

you can buy Transport ticket online or at the airport, train station, metro station. 

They offer pass for one-day unlimited passages, for 3-days, for one-week, always unlimited passages.

For one-day unlimited Pass, the cost is 10$Canadian.