General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Plumqueen said:

I am so happy for you!!!  I'm not even envious! (Ok, I am a lot.) But, yeah for you!

Regarding your Visa, have you always needed to get a Special Permit to stay over 48 hours, or is this a recent change due to a new administration?

(Sorry, [not] if too political, but if someone wants to start a political thread, I'll be one of the first to join. All that to say Yuzu has helped us get through the tumult. We've even stopped cable in order to avoid the craziness.)

I'm curious about the permit too - also not looking at news or newspapers in the last ridiculous 12 months- too depressing.  At least with sport you get highs as well as lows.

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

It has always been that way for people living in the border :) see this (BCC stands for Border Crossing Card):

Is it easy and quick to get or time consuming and difficult?  I wonder because UK govt sometimes takes a leaf from US book on these things and I worry about the Irish border after brexit, having people on both sides who are used to just driving over it.

8 minutes ago, Plumqueen said:

(Sorry, [not] if too political, but if someone wants to start a political thread, I'll be one of the first to join. [...]

We would appreciate it if you didn't. This is supposed to be a happy place, and politics is a minefield. We're afraid that making a happy place explode is not going to result in a glitter bomb.
Thank you for understanding :)

Just now, Sombreuil said:

Is it easy and quick to get or time consuming and difficult?  I wonder because UK govt sometimes takes a leaf from US book on these things and I worry about the Irish border after brexit, having people on both sides who are used to just driving over it.

Depends, are you talking about the permit or about the border crossing card?

The BCC is mostly a lot of paperwork and convincing the officers that you aren't going to use it to work/stay indefinitely there and it's a month long wait to get it delivered to you in case your visa is approved.

The permit is given to you the same day, but you have to provide proof of your financial status and again, convince the officers that you have a legit reason to go further than what your BCC allows. 

It's more difficult to get the BCC than the permit :)

Also, yeah we don't really want to get into political waters here haha i'd appreciate if we keep that out of the forum:tumblr_inline_mg15qnUpxW1qdlkyg:

6 minutes ago, lily said:

I just woke up to news of 

yuzu coming to ACI!!?!?!?!!??!? I LIVE 30 MONUTES AWAY AND WILL MAKE SURE TO GO unless it's on a school day sobs 

Question for @Vadrouille: Do you reserve the tickets online? 

Tip: skip school. There won't be a second chance like this...

10 minutes ago, Fay said:

Tip: skip school. There won't be a second chance like this...

Now I don't think my mom will be very happy if I do that lmao! But if I'm lucky and it's like last year, the sp will be on friday and the fp on saturday (I think it was like that?) So here I am crossing my fingers while waiting for the schedule to come out:10636614:

4 minutes ago, lily said:

Now I don't think my mom will be very happy if I do that lmao! But if I'm lucky and it's like last year, the sp will be on friday and the fp on saturday (I think it was like that?) So here I am crossing my fingers while waiting for the schedule to come out:10636614:

Mums have to be educated on proper priorities now and again, I see...