General Yuzuru Chat

This is random but ever since I started watching Yuzu, I've developed an appreciation for the work the sports photographers do rinkside. How they consistently manage to get such well-composed shots when the boy is moving at twice the speed of any other skater, I don't know, but hats off to them. 

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

This is random but ever since I started watching Yuzu, I've developed an appreciation for the work the sports photographers do rinkside. How they consistently manage to get such well-composed shots when the boy is moving at twice the speed of any other skater, I don't know, but hats off to them. 

That's part of what I enjoyed about his On Ice Perspectives clip. He's going so fast he disappears out of the frame lol

New Yuzu segment on News Every -  (Before the season started) Yuzu says he watches Nathan's FS A LOT, has probably watched it at least a hundred times, says he's putting the views count up on the video by himself :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

//in case anyone is curious, this segment contains a few previously unaired clips from interviews before the season and after GPF. I summarised the new content below. There aren't that many surprising things, most of this Yuzu has already said in other interviews, but it's still nice to see new clips. 

Talking about Worlds, he says he was nothing but 'kuyashii' and the sense of defeat was huge. In the end of the first clip, he's going over his protocol for Worlds, circling deductions he got and saying 「もうやるなよって」 /'Don't do that again'.

In the 2nd clip, Yuzu says Nathan has become like an ideal image of an athlete, and so he's honestly grown to respect him a lot. There's an old clip of him saying it will be fun when other skaters will push him and the sport forward. 

In the new interview, Yuzu says there was a time when he had a firm convinction that if he went clean, he could always win, and reality reflected that. During that time, he wasn't really fighting with another person but instead with a fixed version of his own ideal image of himself. That became a bit lonely. Nathan changed it, and Yuzu says losing in itself was almost kind of fun/made him glad. He used about 80% of his real/maximum ability and still lost, it was kind of fun/made him glad (he repeats this point). Because there is an athlete like that, he can feel he wants to become stronger. Ultimately, Yuzu still wants to/has to win, so being in this current state is fun. 

In the 3rd clip I think there is no new content to translate 

In the 4th clip, it's pointed out that during GPF, Yuzu's expected PCS for jumps were higher than Nathan's for the first time. Yuzu says that if he can land them/make it work, he can still put up a real fight. He will have to put in a lot of hard work, but that seems to be the hard road Nathan is also pursuing (so neither of them has it easy). Yuzu will keep steadily climbing up and working in order to ultimately win. In the end, the narrator points out his thoughts/feelings haven't really changed from before. In the last older clips, he's apparently demonstrating some 4A image training and saying that he wants to win after everyone else goes clean. He wants to create a condition where, no matter who are the other athletes going clean, he will still be able to win if he puts out not just 'almost his maximum' but his 'perfect maximum'. Lastly, the message he's written is (to go) 'Beyond the wall' - this definitely seems to be his motto this season. 

// Someone uploaded it to Youtube in good quality, here (not divided into clips).

I've realised I have a bad habit of editing my comments way too many times, sorry about that :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:I always think of something else I wanted to say or something that could have been translated a little better and start tweaking it around, but I hope it doesn't get confusing.. 

4 hours ago, glilikoi said:

New Yuzu segment on News Every -  (Before the season started) Yuzu says he watches Nathan's FS A LOT, has probably watched it at least a hundred times, says he's putting the views count up on the video by himself :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Has our boy become a little obsessed, maybe? I hope he doesn't forget that Nathan's not the only guy out there chasing him. I, for one, think Stephane will take Shoma to the next level where he'll be a truly serious rival for Yuzu. 

No wonder Zu was saying after SCI that he wondered if he should change his approach to skating. Come on, Yuzu, studying your rivals is fine but do it with an objective eye.