General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, kaeryth said:

Machiko Yamada can say whatever she wants, Yuzu will always take the high road.

tumblr_nhd9t9JZhS1tydf9yo3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nhd9t9JZhS1tydf9yo1_500.gif

tumblr_nhd9t9JZhS1tydf9yo2_500.gif

Credit: http://hanyuedits.tumblr.com

Yuzu congratulating Shoma and Machiko Yamada after the 2014 Japanese Nationals medal ceremony.

Gosh, he just oozes :7562096:CLASS:7562096: out of his pores! :7938863:

Negatron Coach aside, :rofl3:gotta love Shoma and his default I-am-lost mode.

42 minutes ago, swanbeau said:

this sounds alarming for her skaters... 

It's just my thought, but here's my reasoning for it, which is mainly timing.

Of course a comment like that also has the "side benefit" to trash talk Yuzu, but he has been training in Canada for years by now and hasn't said or done anything - at least not that I am aware of and he's covered so well by media, that practically all of Japan says "o-daiji ni" (roughly, please take good care of yourself) the eye blink after he sneezes - to warrant any new attack. And Olympics - and the season in general - are really still too far away to start politicking in public already.

If, however, as some earlier poster suggested - I forgot who, I'm sorry - Shoma really has been getting "mouthy" after coming back from overseas training, what she did, in the complex roundabout way of Japanese thinking, would be a way to tell him, and others in Nagoya who might be aiming to copy him, in regards to overseas training and such, to get back in line without appearing to do so and able to deny that she did.

Without having to confront him directly which might result in more than "mouthiness," up to an open confrontation. And regardless how he measures up compared to Yuzu, Shoma of course is a skater of a quality that any other club or trainer would be happy to snap up and she'd be the one who lost hm. Not good for her resume, nor keeping or getting other skaters to want her as coach any way you look at it.

Again, these are just my thoughts, but it's a scenario that would make sense to me.

Wow this talk about bluetooth toothbrush is hilarious. :rofl:

To imagine how hi-tech it actually is.. (imagine if it has like a sound alarm and all that) it's even more hilarious :laughing: but good for Yuzu I guess.. to help with his jump and spin. :space:

Eeehhh... her comment is just salty not to mention xenophobic but the comment about how she's from different generation and has her mind set on something, close minded/traditional as it is, probably expected. Having said that, doesn't make it ok. Anyway don't mind it too much we have better thing to focus on!

Yuzu will rise despite the shades and hates~ :popcorn:

I bought the magazine Ice Jewels at FaOI Makuhari, and read it through already.

I don't think Machiko refers to Yuzu here. She talks about the skaters who went abroad, trained under foreign coaches, then came back to Japan, becoming a bit arrogant and not wanting to listen to Japanese coaches' advices. Yuzu hasn't come back to Japan, yet. He is still training in Toronto. My impression is that she talks about the past of many years ago.

Also, she explains the merits of inviting foreign coaches instead of her skaters going abroad, thus not only one elite skater, but many more younger ones can learn from famous foreign coaches.(I thinks this makes sense.) She says she had done this for a while.

However, according to Machiko, now it's a new era of quads, everybody is in a rush and she can't take time to give such opportunities to the skaters any longer. That's why Shoma goes to America often to train under the foreign coach who can teach him quads.

I have listened to Machiko's commentary at the show in Nagoya of some years ago on youtube, and she sounds very nice to him. Mihoko-sensei also seems to be in a good relationship with Yuzu. I remember she waved to Yuzu cheerfully at one of the practices of GPF 2016 or World 2017. Sometimes the media treatment of Yuzu is very strange recently, but I don't think both Machiko and Mihoko-sensei have any bad feeling toward Yuzu.

(BTW, I can't figure out how I can set up my avatar. Is there any explanation somewhere in this site??)

Imo she should have told more what she means if she speaks in public about things like arrogance and bad western influence.

I also think it is about skaters showing their emotions, making own decisions about training, outfit and programs and telling their own opinions. Yuzu is that kind of a person but it is not arrogance, it is about being yourself. Sad to hear about the difficulties between different skating areas in Japan. It is hard to understand this kind of rivalry.

I probably had nothing new to say about this subject, but here´s a clip of an article released after Sochi. Someone of us brought up here earlier, thanks.

"I think, probably, I was burned out after the season ended.  But, because there was an ice show only three days after the Worlds, (including other events) and I had other work as well, I did not realize that I was burned out. At ice shows, everyone in the audience would welcome me as the Olympic champion..... After experiencing this, motivation to 'work hard' started to boil.  For the first time, I felt I was able to show my true self."

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

I would agree. At least in China, there is this constant chat in education that the asian education system cannot produce superstars. Perhaps something similar to this applies in japan as well...and if you do look at the string of Japanese skating stars, look at all the foreign coaches involved. Nevermind that both Shizuka and Yuzuru, the two lone olympic gold medalists were foreign trained when they produced the gold medals. 

Next, maybe it's just me, but I think it's highly possibly Nagoya actually lost the political battle. Look at the GP assignments. 

Yuzuru- vs Patrick and Nathan, but one at Rostelecom Cup, one at NHK, both arenas where he is actually favored, despite having fairly stiff competition

Shoma- vs Patrick and Javier, weaker in jumps, but in SC and France, both arenas that do not favor him, and I would expect that at least at SC, those edge, take off and UR calls are coming....

I didn't know enough - or anything - about GP assignments, so thank you very much for the interesting and educational information. I hope you are right, of course.

If you are, that's actually good not only for Yuzu, but Shoma, as well, as it will prevent rumours of him having gotten high points, or won, due to undue influence.

4 minutes ago, kamotejojo said:

Gosh, he just oozes :7562096:CLASS:7562096: out of his pores! :7938863:

Negatron Coach aside, :rofl3:gotta love Shoma and his default I-am-lost mode.

Negatron coach, it may not be polite to admit it, but I do admit I love your term. ^^;

Aside from that, things like the last picture, her flashing a Victory sign as if she'd done the skating herself and Shoma standing awkwardly beside her, are what make me wonder if he is as awkward as he is because of her, that she isn't building up his self confidence, social skills and so on -which she could - because him becoming more independent would be a personal loss for her.

5 minutes ago, dreamelena said:

Wow this talk about bluetooth toothbrush is hilarious. :rofl:

To imagine how hi-tech it actually is.. (imagine if it has like a sound alarm and all that) it's even more hilarious :laughing: but good for Yuzu I guess.. to help with his jump and spin. :space:

I would love to have a hi-tech toothbrush because I'm lazy and it would do all the work for me. hehehe :devilYuzuf:

But apparently that particular toothbrush is all sold out. :rofl:

3 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

Thanks for your post! I read it right after I had already posted mine. I was wondering what else did she say and did we made right conclusions about the tweet.

1 minute ago, 五十嵐 美幸 said:

Negatron coach, it may not be polite to admit it, but I do admit I love your term. ^^;

Aside from that, things like the last picture, her flashing a Victory sign as if she'd done the skating herself and Shoma standing awkwardly beside her, are what make me wonder if he is as awkward as he is because of her, that she isn't building up his self confidence, social skills and so on -which she could - because him becoming more independent would be a personal loss for her.

:4chsmu1: The term is often used in our country when a person sees the bad in everything/everyone. 

:confused:  But wouldn't that help him in the long run? Maturity and growth? Can actually be useful on the PCS side? :laughing:

Oh and about Yuzu being too emotional.. well I like my guy (lol) emotional. I mean it's a true, genuine emotion of a human being, how can you not like it? I think to be able to see such an honest emotion is a privilege. It just goes to show how much it means to him and that touches me.

p.s. oh wow I had a glow up.. into a tissue box. :space:

17 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

I don't think Machiko refers to Yuzu here. She talks about the skaters who went abroad, trained under foreign coaches, then came back to Japan, becoming a bit arrogant and not wanting to listen to Japanese coaches' advices. Yuzu hasn't come back to Japan, yet. He is still training in Toronto. My impression is that she talks about the past of many years ago.

Also, she explains the merits of inviting foreign coaches instead of her skaters going abroad, thus not only one elite skater, but many more younger ones can learn from famous foreign coaches.(I thinks this makes sense.) She says she had done this for a while.

However, according to Machiko, now it's a new era of quads, everybody is in a rush and she can't take time to give such opportunities to the skaters any longer. That's why Shoma goes to America often to train under the foreign coach who can teach him quads.

I have listened to Machiko's commentary at the show in Nagoya of some years ago on youtube, and she sounds very nice to him. Mihoko-sensei also seems to be in a good relationship with Yuzu. I remember she waved to Yuzu cheerfully at one of the practices of GPF 2016 or World 2017. Sometimes the media treatment of Yuzu is very strange recently, but I don't think both Machiko and Mihoko-sensei have any bad feeling toward Yuzu.

(BTW, I can't figure out how I can set up my avatar. Is there any explanation somewhere in this site??)

This is why quotes out of context should probably not be taken entirely at face value. Thank you so much for your post. If she isn't particularly shading Yuzu, then, I wonder what she does think of Mao Asada or Daisuke Takahashi, who are, I think, two of the more famous (now r****d) skaters who did go to train in foreign soil and returned to Japan years after. 

8 minutes ago, Lyyli said:

Thanks for your post! I read it right after I had already posted mine. I was wondering what else did she say and did we made right conclusions about the tweet.

@daisyjune yeah it would be nice if you can give us some context by giving us her direct quotes before and after the one on the tweet so we can get the whole picture? 

Because that quote alone really made her sound egotistic...

16 minutes ago, 五十嵐 美幸 said:

If you are, that's actually good not only for Yuzu, but Shoma, as well, as it will prevent rumours of him having gotten high points, or won, due to undue influence.

I bet Shoma wouldn't mind some political victories tho, especially during Olympic year... at least, this is what I think based on his approach to not fix his jump technique at all, and actually push himself to do more quads (the talk about 4 Lz) when he knows damn well he rotates in the air way less than his rivals. 

28 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

Well, sorry If I have to express this... but this by no mean is the first time coach Yamada has done something like this. She has been trying to hype and boost her own skater by some questionable comments occasionally in the past. Why I know, of course from other Japanese fans who follow media and her comments for years.

That Japanese friend of mine even said something like: "I can't stand her trying to do political influence like this, it's so gross." 

I could look up the emails my friend sent me to show you several the things coach Yamada has said or commented in some funny ways, but wait... that means I am bashing her so I am trying to refrain from that. 

So yes, you have the opinion that she isn't trying to talk Yuzuru down. But from my experience about Yamada, I don't stand on the same ground with you. So do my Japanese friends an Chinese friends who can read Japanese quite well. 

Anyway, I don't mind her much and I don't care about her. Unlike other people here. But of course, you have your opinion and I have mine.

From all the things I have known, I don't trust this woman to be fair towards Yuzuru. That is my take.