General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Nah, Yuzu's spins are better.

And jumps, too, unless we're talking solely about the height on the 4Lz.

I had different spin positions in mind :P Since Yuzuru is trying new spin positions at FaOI and he could steal some from Jason :P and yes I was thinking about height on the 4Lz :)  And maybe 4lz-3t    

Just now, Sammie said:

Nooo his gold blades and jacket is gaudy :peekapooh:

I was going to reply: have you seen Dory? but then I saw your ava:laughing: now idk what to say

but I like sleek black blades much more than gold ones

43 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

That last one went slightly downhill with the injury though :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:. Still, Zhenya's consistency is amazing, but so is Yuzu's. Are there any other athletes that have always been consistently 1st and - when not in their best conditions - 2nd in the last few years? 

Evgenia has more "consistency" in the sense that she can reliably bring home her BV, even when injured, while Yuzu...well, we range form ACI FS to WR...that's quite a lot :1:

Of course part of it is related to Zhenya not having substantial change in layout for many seasons, nor doing new jumps and combo, while Yuzuru kept upping his technical content every season (2014-2015 doesn't count). And ladies' field is very different form Men's field, the first relies more on GOE and PCS and less on BV, the second is a huge quad game rn, tho things may change with the upcoming jr ladies and with the rule changes...

ETA sorry for double posting:oops:

28 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I was going to reply: have you seen Dory? but then I saw your ava:laughing: now idk what to say

but I like sleek black blades much more than gold ones

:laughing: I guess my taste is questionable. But I’m okay with it. :biggrin: 

On 28.5.2018 at 8:56, Bilge said:

i thought it was yesterday? But anyways, happy 100th day:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1:

100 days already! And reading this made me realize that each one of those 100 days I have been here on the Planet reading, learning and trying to figure out, what happened to me...:13877886:

So I guess it's time to de-lurk and join, specially after last Friday: (me) waiting with so much expectation, then being in shock with THE first photo and eventually bursting into laughter reading the comments...I totally lost it after the epic Yuzudory photo, I really had to go out of the office to calm down...not to talk about the fact, that I was checking the planet during working hours...:slinkaway:

For me this last 100 days have been an emotional rollercoaster (how did you guys survive last season?! respect!) and I really want to say THANK YOU :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::10742289: for creating and maintaining this beautiful place, full of joy, good vibes and knowledge. I truly appreciate your efforts and send everyone a :goe: !!!

I was a little bit worried about where/what I am allowing myself to get into ("I don't have time for this", "I should be doing other stuff" or like after watching at least 20 times H&L in a row "Am I becoming obsessed or what???":facepalm:) but I decided to stop to fight against it (did I ever had a real choice?!), since it only seems to grow bigger and take over...I will never forgive myself for not following after Sochi (yes I watched both performances and thought he was out of this world!!) but I am so glad, I can still join and cheer here and now.

Love you guys! :snpeace:

48 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1:

100 days already! And reading this made me realize that each one of those 100 days I have been here on the Planet reading, learning and trying to figure out, what happened to me...:13877886:

So I guess it's time to de-lurk and join, specially after last Friday: (me) waiting with so much expectation, then being in shock with THE first photo and eventually bursting into laughter reading the comments...I totally lost it after the epic Yuzudory photo, I really had to go out of the office to calm down...not to talk about the fact, that I was checking the planet during working hours...:slinkaway:

Love you guys! :snpeace:

welcome!

2 hours ago, LadyLou said:

wut wait WHAT?

I think TSL has been saying everyone and their mothers are going to TCC, so I wouldn't trust them, but apparently it's true everyone and their mothers are moving to TCC so idk what to think anymore:headdesk2:

I know, right? It's like Pokemon Go, skater's edition. Brian's gotta catch 'em all. :1:

7 hours ago, micaelis said:

Moreover it would set a precedent of sorts, where numbers in which popular solo skaters are teamed together in pairs, trios and even maybe quartets or more are performed. 

Lambiel and Vasiljevs have done this on several occasions. Also, I believe, Takahashi and Lambiel. It's not new. Would be very fun to see Yuzu and Medvedeva do one though. But on that note it would be very fun to see Yuzu with anybody. 

heck, I'd pay to watch yuzu read the phonebook. In Japanese. And i don't speak Japanese (much). 

7 hours ago, Cerunias said:

the tabloids seem to be reporting on a completely different Yuzuru Hanyu

I've heard this before, but I've never seen much of it online so I honestly don't know what it might be referring to. Are Japanese tabloids worse than western ones? I can't imagine what someone could possibly say about Yuzu in a tabloid that would be so much worse than the usual celebrity gossip stuff that he'd feel the need to comment. 

48 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I've heard this before, but I've never seen much of it online so I honestly don't know what it might be referring to. Are Japanese tabloids worse than western ones? I can't imagine what someone could possibly say about Yuzu in a tabloid that would be so much worse than the usual celebrity gossip stuff that he'd feel the need to comment. 

Spoiler

You have multiple toxic antis say that Med is going to Orser to pursue Hanyu. I believe even a tabloid speculated about it. They even said that Med was trying to get an apartment in the same building as Yuzu because of reasons.

Yuzu bringing it up himself means he's had enough of their BS. I think trying to nip it in the bud before the season begins is thoughtful on his part. It's kind of sad as well, and doesn't need extreme speculation to be hurtful to himself and the people around him.

22 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Hide contents

You have multiple toxic antis say that Med is going to Orser to pursue Hanyu. I believe even a tabloid speculated about it. They even said that Med was trying to get an apartment in the same building as Yuzu because of reasons.

Yuzu bringing it up himself means he's had enough of their BS. I think trying to nip it in the bud before the season begins is thoughtful on his part. It's kind of sad as well, and doesn't need extreme speculation to be hurtful to himself and the people around him.

Wow, sad.

Spoiler

I mean honestly, why would she piss off just about everyone she's ever worked with (Russian Skating fed, her old coach, maybe sponsors,  probably tons of her friends too) and drag her mom half-way around the world on the off-chance that a more-or-less acquaintance might turn into a romance, based on proximity? especially with a guy five years older, from an entirely different country? She's 18, ffs. At that age, someone five years older might as well be Methusaleh. Don't people think? More to the point, Brian would not have taken her if he felt that she was doing it for the wrong reasons, of that I'm sure. 

That one is silly. 

Anyway, gossip aside, I'm REALLY looking forward to the next few years of competition now. I hope having all these great skaters together at TCC produces unprecedented excellence all round and that it'll be something the world has never seen and can only marvel at. 

So proud of Brian. I loved him back in '88 at the Calgary games when it looked like he got robbed of the gold medal by a hair, and I've loved him ever since, and what he's doing with coaching now is blowing me away in another way...proud of Tracy too, for the same reasons. 

9 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Don't people think? 

That one is silly. 

Tabloids don't need logic. In fact, often the more illogical something is, the better tabloids fare with that story for the interest they garner.

All tabloids need is rumour and interest.

As I commented previously in response to the thought from @micaelis about 2-3 pages ago (that you quoted in part above 3 posts ago), disinterest is what helps kill tabloid stories.

The more we comment (even if we think we're helping by being against the rumour), the more interest and curiosity we generate that help tabloids survive and garner sales.