General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I was worried too. I wonder why they being secretive about the rest of the skaters. 

There might be some surprise names? Or they wanted to avoid major conflicts with other shows (so audiences won't hold out for the less expensive show to see XXX skater who has 2 different shows, since CiONTU costs less). 

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

There might be some surprise names? Or they wanted to avoid major conflicts with other shows (so audiences won't hold out for the less expensive show to see XXX skater who has 2 different shows, since CiONTU costs less). 

Can money also be an issue? If CiONTU costs less, wouldn't they pay skaters less too?

Just now, singermelodie1 said:

Can money also be an issue? If CiONTU costs less, wouldn't they pay skaters less too?

I would imagine not, or not significantly. It's a commercial/for profit show right? Not familiar with the venue, but would the place for CiONTU seat the same or more? Also, the sale of merchandise would be same or greater than many other shows. So in the end it should balance out. 

38 minutes ago, dodobirdo said:

bump! I haven't heard anything since the initial wave of news that Yuzu was being considered for it... I'm not sure if they're still deliberating, or if they've quietly decided to not grant him the award?

yeah. i wonder if there's some update

32 minutes ago, Xen said:

Wonder how they'll organize it, and wonder if Minoru Sano would actually skate. 

Maybe to help Yuzu MC the event instead?

Isn't this guy a regular commentator and another go-to guy for expert opinions on skating? I'm kind of surprised with how much he's spoken about Yuzu that I haven't seen them interact or heard about it. And I wonder how he contributed to the present Yuzu.

Just now, Forcefield said:

Maybe to help Yuzu MC the event instead?

Isn't this guy a regular commentator and another go-to guy for expert opinions on skating? I'm kind of surprised with how much he's spoken about Yuzu that I haven't seen them interact or heard about it. And I wonder how he contributed to the present Yuzu.

If that happens, I wonder if a quarter of the show will involve him and Minoru Sano talk about skating and jump technique. It would be a real treat for jump-technique nerds among us (mememe!), but then we'll have to hold Yuzu down from trying or demonstrating stuff. 

I would be amused if it does include BOrser, Takeshi Honda and even Nobu. It would be a bit like showing the history of men's FS skating. From Minoru, possibly he can still do compulsory figures? Then to BOrser with the older style free skates of the 80's. To Takeshi Honda when the Japanese men first start, then with Mura and  Nobu to modern day men's. Maybe stick Takahashi in there, and then with Plushenko and Weir, it's a good showing of the evolution of just the men's discipline alone. And it would capture the idea of continuation of FS. Would be great too if Machida or Stephane Lambiel also show up- though I hear that the former is a very very unlikely chance. 

Personally, I don't think there's much chance of seeing Daisuke - or Mao - there. Mostly because they have their own 'brands' in Japan, and directly associating with Yuzu's could overshadow theirs. So it might be best to keep a distance.

Tatsuki seems to lean more towards artistic shows, so he might skip as well. Also, I think he might not think of himself as a sempai of Yuzu's or someone whom Yuzu learned things from and he seems like the type of person to refuse for a reason like that. Which, IMO, would be extra points for him, though I would be happier if he did go. I would expect Takeshi Honda and Shizuka there, though... Takeshi was in TOI as well, after all. Nobu I'd maybe expect, too, though aside from being a friend, I'm not sure he's ever really been an influence. I really wish Brian and Tracy will be there. And of course, Javi. After he's talked so much about how he couldn't have achieved this all without Javi, not having him there would be weird. And Stephane, too, yes. But I have no idea about Stephane's schedule.

I was wondering about the money aspect, too, but Yuzu has great sponsors along. And even if the pay might be less, the exposure is greater. The publicity is greater. (Although it does take either having enough fame yourself, or not being bothered by being somewhat overshadowed by Yuzu for that to work...)

Someone pointed out the bottom of the white towel only had space for one more name so I’m wondering if that’s it or if they designs are liable for change. But how long is the show? That might affect how many he’d invite too

almost no chance of machida since apparently he’s starting to lecture at waseda on that date and someone on twitter was also saying stephane’s out (likely based on some activity but I didn’t ask and can’t find the tweet again oops)

3 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Someone pointed out the bottom of the white towel only had space for one more name so I’m wondering if that’s it or if they designs are liable for change. But how long is the show? That might affect how many he’d invite too

The show is scheduled at 2 and a half hours, it seems

And the white one is questionable, but the blue one has room for some 4-5 names and it'd look weird with just one and space, IMO... so I'm guessing designs might still change...

8 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

Well I don't mind listening to Yuzu talk for an hour or two:pouty:

Me neither. But if it's 2 hours long, holy cow, I do wonder if there will be that much talking at an "ice show".

Maybe Yuzu will go through his history with each featured skater.

Me needs to see the choo choo train again or some skating games.

Re:Shizuka, I don't want to spread false info, but there has been some rumors going around Shizuka might be expecting and if you look up May/June/July shows, she hasn't been confirmed for any.

Please please, please do NOT take my word for it, like I said it's only rumors, but I thought it's worth mentioning that for whatever reason Shizuka is holding back on shows this off season :)

If Javi and/or Nobu is going to join Ci they would announce it after Stars On Ice Yokohama shows are over, because tickets for SOI hasn't been sold out yet. However, I would not surprise if they've already announced all the guests, because it's impossible to invite everyone who influenced him anyway. If you only count the names mentioned in Yume wo Ikiru, there are already 17 or 18 people and it must be very hard to find a day on which they are all free.

Brian and Shizuka might have their own reason not to join the show even if they have been invited. Brian is directing Ice Fantasia scheduled on 20th to 22hd and I heard that he is going to do a seminar in Mexico prior to that (source? so his schedule might have already been quite packed. As for Shizuka, I can't find her name in the casts of Prince Ice World shows in which she has been doing the headliner for years, so she might be taking a time off from the ice for some reasons.

In Ci what he will talk with the guest skaters must be as important as what they will skate, and he must have a lot to talk with each guest, so the show would never be empty even with fewer guests.  (The show will be about two and a half hour long)  According to the description in "Goods" section of Ci site, the official guidebook for the show consists of comments by Yuzu on each guest, so we'll know how those guests were invited.

46 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Me neither. But if it's 2 hours long, holy cow, I do wonder if there will be that much talking at an "ice show".

Maybe Yuzu will go through his history with each featured skater.

Me needs to see the choo choo train again or some skating games.

I think there's plenty to fill 2 hours! Each skaters introduction + performance + interview will take a good amount of time (8ish minutes  each?). And they'll probably intersperse each block with discussions between Yuzu and Minoru. Plus, there's the fan segment to get through as well! Plenty of content if you ask me :)