General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, swanbeau said:

Off topic: There are a lot of talented junior ladies that will move up senior in the next quad; kihira, kostornaia, trusova, shcherbakova, young you, etc so dont you worry about keeping ladies single skating alive, it very much is :biggrin:

Don't write Polina off yet, she could still come back strong! Her delayed rotation lutz... *sigh* 

There're a couple of other Japanese juniors landing 3A, too. Though Rika and her 3A-3T, with good programmes, she's going to be amazing.

And Wakababy is still a baby, and Mai is only 18 so she's got a few more years at her peak. :biggrin: And Yuzu fans will gravitate to Yuzu fanboys, and let's not forget Shun Sato, yes? All of them would appeal a lot more to those who love Yuzu and his signature style. Not to mention that Yuzu's efforts against Boyang erasure will make sure Boyang and his improved skating skills will be admired by Fanyus. 

I don't think we have to stretch as far as Alina's musicality (I'm sure it exists, just haven't seen it so far because she's over-choreographed) to keep interest in figure skating alive. 

2 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Because he's not easily replaceable like that? 

It's futile and also a bit early to start looking around for a replacement

I really doubt I will feel the way I feel about Yuzu about any other skater anytime soon (I'm going to wait til he becomes a coach and raises a Yuzu of his own LOL)

Anyway, this is just a suggestion, but I would very much appreciate it if we could keep the general thread free of retirement and handing over mantle and who will come next kind of talk for a while longer? Maybe it could go on a new thread.

I'd very much like to enjoy the second OGM and the incredible achievement it is, and be happy for Yuzu (and worry about him) for a while longer before we move on to rather gloomy speculation like that. It's been a rollercoaster, and we're still getting our feet under us. Let's chill for a while before we get on another one.

6 minutes ago, robin said:

It's futile and also a bit early to start looking around for a replacement

I really doubt I will feel the way I feel about Yuzu about any other skater anytime soon (I'm going to wait til he becomes a coach and raises a Yuzu of his own LOL)

His training techniques. I wonder what his notes are really like.

"Didn't shuuuu enough today, Tracy seems to want me to do more Paaah. We had new skaters go tontonton."

He'd be fun, explaining all of that to young kids. 

hace 5 minutos , WinForPooh said:

Anyway, this is just a suggestion, but I would very much appreciate it if we could keep the general thread free of retirement and handing over mantle and who will come next kind of talk for a while longer? Maybe it could go on a new thread.

I'd very much like to enjoy the second OGM and the incredible achievement it is, and be happy for Yuzu (and worry about him) for a while longer before we move on to rather gloomy speculation like that. It's been a rollercoaster, and we're still getting our feet under us. Let's chill for a while before we get on another one.

:iagree:

Like I said before let's enjoy the present and remind ourselves that 

"I have totally no intention of retiring."  

2 minutes ago, Erin said:

Leave those "fierce criticism" to us Yuzu. Let's see who will dare. :hachimaki: 

Imma fight them with Yuzu's cuteness. :pouty:

I'm kind of amazed there is so much fierce criticism. You might not have him as your fave, but at least technically you can't deny that he is great. It's not easy to make figure skating look light and airy, but he does it time and again. IMO, that's how figure skating should be, and that's how great technique should be- giving off the impression of absolute effortlessness.

Anyways, mind a former debate team captain joining the ranks of the Yuzu defense squad? I can't do cuteness, but uh, I can make sure no one will want to argue any further. :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Floria said:

"But this is the way of the world. If you do something, you're in the news alot"

. . . . dear Yuzu. no, that really isn't normal. you're just weird and on another level of existance  :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I'm kind of amazed there is so much fierce criticism. You might not have him as your fave, but at least technically you can't deny that he is great. It's not easy to make figure skating look light and airy, but he does it time and again. IMO, that's how figure skating should be, and that's how great technique should be- giving off the impression of absolute effortlessness.

Anyways, mind a former debate team captain joining the ranks of the Yuzu defense squad? I can't do cuteness, but uh, I can make sure no one will want to argue any further. :biggrin:

I'll just lurk menacingly in the background until street fighting rules - that is, lack thereof - apply.

5 minutes ago, Floria said:

Yuzu often bringing up his critics makes me feel torn. It's like admitting he's affected by bad media. I mean of course anybody would be, but isn't it a kind of strategy to not let your enemies know your weakness and that you're affected because they'll just become harsher and fiercer? On the other hand, i'm glad he's honest with us and feels comfortable enough to admit it. Ahhh Yuzu, don't mind your detractors, those who love you are 100x more. 

Or maaaaybe, that's just his way of saying "fuck off" to the bad media. Yeah Yuzu, you go do what you want! We're in full support! 

hace 4 minutos , Xen said:

I don't know what he is talking exactly about, but do you remember those articles in Japanese media comparing his jumps to Shoma's? I have no doubt that he read it. And all the speculation about his injury from people who never saw it in person.