General Yuzuru Chat

Actually I'd say the content is pretty good. Having been reading some of the other stuff that's been put out about other skaters or figure skating in general, this is a very good article. They tried interviewing several people, there is a respect towards the fans as I don't think they tried, as many do, to silently mock the devotion they have for their fave and I think it did successfully show that there is something special about this skater. Overall, well done.

Also front page of NY Times is nothing to be sneezed at. This is actually very, very good for Yuzuru. I am mightily pleased let me tell you, I have a large grin on my face. Good. Good.

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Actually I'd say the content is pretty good. Having been reading some of the other stuff that's been put out about other skaters or figure skating in general, this is a very good article. They tried interviewing several people, there is a respect towards the fans as I don't think they tried, as many do, to silently mock the devotion they have for their fave and I think it did successfully show that there is something special about this skater. Overall, well done.

Also front page of NY Times is nothing to be sneezed at. This is actually very, very good for Yuzuru. I am mightily pleased let me tell you, I have a large grin on my face. Good. Good.

Actually, it's funny the different ways to read the article, because I had another take on it. I thought there was too much focus on the fans' devotion and behaviour, which to me came out a bit as lowkey mocking. It's kind of a bit gloom and doom too about Yuzu. But it could be worse. 

Edit: There's some good stuff too, though. 

Just now, xeyra said:

Actually, it's funny the different ways to read the article, because I had another take on it. I thought there was too much focus on the fans' devotion and behaviour, which to me came out a bit as lowkey mocking. It's kind of a bit gloom and doom too. But it could be worse. 

I had the feeling they were trying to explain his impact through them, as quite a bit of the article was about that. It had a serious tone throughout, at least for me.

I didn't really see it as doom and gloom, I think it is a pretty decent take on what is going on. The one thing that it is missing is perhaps more of an explanation on why Yuzuru is going for upping his tech but that's asking a bit too much.

IDK I thought it was quite good from a media point of view; arguably the most respected paper, a serious write up, in American media, at this point in time. 

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I had the feeling they were trying to explain his impact through them, as quite a bit of the article was about that. It had a serious tone throughout, at least for me.

I didn't really see it as doom and gloom, I think it is a pretty decent take on what is going on. The one thing that it is missing is perhaps more of an explanation on why Yuzuru is going for upping his tech but that's asking a bit too much.

IDK I thought it was quite good from a media point of view; arguably the most respected paper, a serious write up, in American media, at this point in time. 

Don't you know? It's to keep up with Nathan!

But seriously, yeah, I probably took it a little less positively than I could have but I wasn't particularly predisposed to be happy about NYT today after they had an earlier article which headline was about Nathan's 4 falls in practice...