General Yuzuru Chat

One of my aunts was looking at my Proud Evil Fanyu from Pooh Hell™ display case and she kept observing the cover of ice jewels.

"You know, I'm realizing that looking at Yuzuru calms me." She looked at me and quickly added "No, I don't like him. It's just that I feel peace when I see his face, like here: he's expressionless but it's calming. Or here" pointing to the back cover of Aoi Honoo 2 "His smile heals the heart" she looked at the clear files too. "He's just calming." She turned to me very concerned and asked "is that normal? Is it normal that he makes you feel that way?"

Bear in mind she used to criticize him for being "too girly" , but she was completely serious about this.

She then saw the calendar on the wall with lgc Yuzu and said "oh my God, I hadn't looked at that... ":rofl:

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

I saw an old news clip of Hanyu practicing during Worlds 2014 and there was an audience? Was there open practices during Worlds 2014? In Japan!? :jaw:

Not sure, can’t find any info about it on the old ticket website, though for some reason I remembered seeing info about it. What I did find was that although they offered all event tickets to foreigners, they only offered S and A seats for it (Japanese fans could choose S, A, or B). There was also a premium ticket category that was only available to Japanese fans. :waffle: Not looking forward to what they’ll pull for 2019 Worlds.

ETA Actually, only S and A seats were available for daily tickets for foreigners too! :13877886: Why do they hate us so much? 

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Not sure, can’t find any info about it on the old ticket website, though for some reason I remembered seeing info about it. What I did find was that although they offered all event tickets to foreigners, they only offered S and A seats for it (Japanese fans could choose S, A, or B). There was also a premium ticket category that was only available to Japanese fans. :waffle: Not looking forward to what they’ll pull for 2019 Worlds.

Oh, thank you for checking anyway. It just surprised me because I thought Japan was very strict about closed practices.

About those tickets though... :slinkaway: Is it normal? Tbh when I learned that a lot of seats for Olympics are reserved for local people and etc... Stuff like this makes it so hard for all fans of the sport.

9 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Oh, thank you for checking anyway. It just surprised me because I thought Japan was very strict about closed practices.

About those tickets though... :slinkaway: Is it normal? Tbh when I learned that a lot of seats for Olympics are reserved for local people and etc... Stuff like this makes it so hard for all fans of the sport.

Olympics I understand but no other FS competition restricts entry based on nationality. It’s that way for every FS comp in Japan, though. They always have a different ticket site for foreigners and though they won’t reveal how many tickets they put aside for foreigners, from what I saw at NHK, it’s hardly any at all. :13877886: It was harder for foreigners to get NHK tickets than Olympic tickets.

32 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Olympics I understand but no other FS competition restricts entry based on nationality. It’s that way for every FS comp in Japan, though. They always have a different ticket site for foreigners and though they won’t reveal how many tickets they put aside for foreigners, from what I saw at NHK, it’s hardly any at all. :13877886: It was harder for foreigners to get NHK tickets than Olympic tickets.

I always thought Olympics was more tourist specific so I thought of it the other way around with the host country trying to make as much bank from incoming tourists during the event, so yea this reserved stuff surprised me.

But well, in general though FS seems like a sport that the way they do tickets don't make much sense anyway. Hm, Japan though takes it to a new level, but at least the ticket people in Japan seem to have a good grasp of what they're doing and reasons for it I guess.