General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

twitter vid

Speed translation of Yuzu's words here (usual disclaimers apply...may be some errors)

'I mostly have the feeling that there's nothing to be done (about the situation). I have a lot of frustration (kuyashii) about being in a condition where I can't do anything. 

(I think the voiceover was explaining how he felt during/after the fall) - 'I thought I have to skate no matter what so I tried to skate for my runthrough, but I couldn't properly (place weight/land?) on my right foot so I did it while thinking 'ah, this might be pretty bad/difficult'. 

11 hours ago, sublimeskating said:

knowing yuzu, it probably made his fighting spirit stronger or something  :2thumbsup:

i'm glad to hear that he's on the way to recovery and i look forward to see him come back at nationals!

I love your signature! :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:  Sui/ Han are amazing pair :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

I'm so happy that the injury is not that serious. Get well soon Yuzu!

FS is such a drama queen. There is no such a thing like regular, ordinary FS season :facepalm:

43 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

FUCK IM CRYING AGAIN!! :sadPooh:

Rough gist of what he's saying here

'Getting an injury means there are still areas where I'm not good so I will need to work on it to get better. Of course, not just focusing on the Lutz but a lot of other areas as well and I will work to deliver another good performance. If you count the days until the Pyeongchang Olympics, it may seem like it's coming up soon but... I can only think of the future and only leave the past behind. At the moment, there's no choice but to do the things I need to do, one by one. I need to really really save my strength so I can let it out (at JP Nationals). Well, I'm in a condition where I actually have quite a lot of power, apart from my right ankle. I will become a stronger version of myself and overcome this coming month.'

*My translation is much more literal than Iron Klaus' one but I wrote it without realising she posted so ehhh, I'll just let this be its poor cousin

(it's hard to see him struggle for words because he usually doesn't but it's admirable he can keep himself together enough for an interview already so... Also, it doesn't sound like he will give up on the 4Lz though I didn't expect him to... also I still stick to my belief it wasn't bad technique but the need to get better at recognising his own condition so hopefully that's something he'll also work on)

12 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

He looks so young and fragile in this photos ... I can't believe that last tuesday we were so happy with the new Ghana CM and Yuzu's red sweater, waiting for his arrival at Osaka .. and then everything crumbled on us in the worst way ... but, that's life ...sigh :smiley-sad016:

And he's turning 23 next month :facepalm:

13 minutes ago, PPOS said:

He has to my ear ...i suppose you pick up the accent of where you learn your English....:waffle:

Interesting, I mostly just hear his Japanese accent lol. But then again as an Aussie, I don’t have a particularly sensitive ear for American/Canadian differences except for key words (I imagine to you guys, it’s like NZlanders and Australians. I can pick out a NZ accent quite easily but apparently it’s harder for people elsewhere)