General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, liv said:

He can never, ever say that fans are a burden to him. He is too nice, and he appreciates the support... but he could never be openly critical even if he felt that way. 

Yeah, since you put it that way. What is he going to say? I don't think he's always 100% honest about these things. Maybe he wishes people would leave him alone, i.e. in hotel lobbies and stuff. But he is he going to say it? No.

This leaves me kind of torn. What is a good way to show support but not overwhelm someone? There's probably no right answer.

They are bandwagon jumpers and they don't want to be wrong later, so it's actually an indication that Yuzu is having a strong start to his season. I think Nathan could still fizzle out later, but we don't have as much past history on him to know his patterns. I really think Raf might break him if they bring back the 4Lo.

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah, since you put it that way. What is he going to say? I don't think he's always 100% honest about these things. Maybe he wishes people would leave him alone, i.e. in hotel lobbies and stuff. But he is he going to say it? No.

This leaves me kind of torn. What is a good way to show support but not overwhelm someone? There's probably no right answer.

I think letters are very nice. He can save them for when he has the time and energy to look at them. It also seems like he finds the banners encouraging. And I have donated to earthquake relief funds in honor of him. 

1 hour ago, Yolo3a said:

I think TSL at the end still needs the views and fan support. And like someone said, where would FS be without Yuzu's fandom?

People can keep criticizing the fanbase and claim it ruined the figure skating experience, but seriously, if it wasn't for Yuzuru, I wouldn't even take interest in figure skating and notice other skaters. He broke records and got journalists talking around the world. He's often trending on social media and the general public sees that. His fans are everywhere and people are wondering what he is all about. So I think it's safe to say Yuzuru is mainly responsible for popularizing this sport again. 

Just now, wombat-poodle said:

So true (although I suspect we will be criticised by other fans for saying this!). The FS world will sorely miss Yuzuru when he's gone, so it's a really good thing he's staying after PC. :smiley-love017:

I know, right? This was something I can never say back at the GS forum because it will get people riled up and they'll burn me at the stake for it :laughing: I knew he was going to delay his retirement. He loves this sport too much let it go at the age of 23. 

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

What is a good way to show support but not overwhelm someone? There's probably no right answer.

I think the only right way is to give him support without asking anything back. Someone mentioned letters and i think that's a perfect example: He's not forced to reply to you, he's not forced to smile or acknowledge you in any way. Indirect stuff like that, and always keeping your distance, making it clear that you still know he's human.

It's probably very hard but i think that as long as you're not being TOO intense, it's fine. It's hard because he awakens intense feelings in us, but i guess we have to hold back a lot in order to just make him feel the support and not the love that can be borderline idolatry for some fans.

That's why my letter was so hard to write, i rewrote it a lot of times in order not to make him feel uncomfortable, and focused only on certain facts and aspects.

43 minutes ago, RockstarYuzuru said:

People can keep criticizing the fanbase and claim it ruined the figure skating experience, but seriously, if it wasn't for Yuzuru, I wouldn't even take interest in figure skating and notice other skaters. He broke records and got journalists talking around the world. He's often trending on social media and the general public sees that. His fans are everywhere and people are wondering what he is all about. So I think it's safe to say Yuzuru is mainly responsible for popularizing this sport again. 

I got to know this sport because of yuzuru (thanks to YouTube randomly give me recommended video to watch! Sochi Yuzu brought me here!) .....and I won't lie that I stay because of him.. I still don't know if I'll stay to watch this sport after he r******