General Yuzuru Chat

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?64806-Yuzuru-Hanyu-2017-18-Season/page70

http://www.hochi.co.jp/sports/winter...HT1T50085.html

Yuzuru arrived in Toronto on September 24. He has been practicing only one 4Lo a day, but the jump is getting better.

http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/828936?page=2

"I did SP yesterday, and I don't know if all our team members felt this way, but the audience must have nearly felt "Salchow is good enough"". 

When Hanyu talked in a frank tone, laughter came out among reporters.

"If I'll be able to get this score steadily with 4S (in SP), I could put more emphasis on LP. It's vexing I had a little bit of that feeling in myself. But after ending (LP or the competition) like this, I thought I would never be able to perform like myself unless challenging."

And this writer says Yuzuru had tearful eyes during the interview, but as he continued talking he became calm.:sadPooh:

2 hours ago, kaerb said:

apparently Yuzu's first nickname when he started skating was 'Konyaku' which makes sense bc it's super flexible/rubbery and contains almost no fat :xD:

He said that during his interview with Shizuka's Friends+ in 2016 (translated by yuzusorbet). For everyone talking about which food Yuzu likes... there's something here as well!

S: Do you eat well?
Y: Yes I do…. I think.
S:  What do you like?….. What food energises you the most?
Y:  'Nabemono’ (hotpot food)  It gives me the most feeling of the food going into my body and spreading throughout.
 I also like 'sujouyu’ (a dipping sauce of vinegar+soy sauce) and 'mizudaki’ (chicken and vegetable hotpot). [see pic below]
 Lately I’m addicted to 'yudoufu’ (tofu hotpot). 
S:  So healthy!
Y:  I was having breakfast at a restaurant that had delicious tofu, and there was 'yudoufu’. It was really good. Then I went to the convenient store and bought a lot of tofu to eat.
S: You really love tofu!
Y: Yes I do, and it’s also very good for the body.
S: You also give a feeling of being very smooth and fresh like tofu. (Yuzu laughs)
Y: And also soft and flexible. (laughter)
But way back, I was not called tofu. I was called konnyaku (a food with texture of firm jelly).  I think it was my first nickname after I started skating. Teachers always called me that. Konnyaku.

I think he didn't get the kinoko/mushroom nickname until Kanako came along and called him that much to his dismay. :tumblr_inline_mzx8x6OEBn1r8msi5: (...but in the end he seemed to have accepted his fate as he incorporated it into his early signatures /lol/).

2 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

All those smiles, silly acts, ...and then when reality hits,...

:sadPooh::sadPooh:

now i get why i had this small worry after i saw his face coming out of the press conference. Something didn't seem right.... And at the same time i can't say "it's ok". This is the kind of thing that motivates him and makes him push himself, which is worrying when he is too hard on himself but in the end i think that's one of the reasons why he is at the top.... sigh.... I hope mama Hanyu hugged him a lot.

4 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

He said that during his interview with Shizuka's Friends+ in 2016 (translated by yuzusorbet). For everyone talking about which food Yuzu likes... there's something here as well!

I think he didn't get the kinoko/mushroom nickname until Kanako came along and called him that much to his dismay. :tumblr_inline_mzx8x6OEBn1r8msi5: (...but in the end he seemed to have accepted his fate as he incorporated it into his early signatures /lol/).

Trust Kanako to have come up with an annoying (for him) but cute and fitting nickname for him lol.

And yudoufu, I think I've heard of that before. Now I'm getting hungry and want to eat hot pot... with tofu and veggies...

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

now i get why i had this small worry after i saw his face coming out of the press conference. Something didn't seem right.... And at the same time i can't say "it's ok". This is the kind of thing that motivates him and makes him push himself, which is worrying when he is too hard on himself but in the end i think that's one of the reasons why he is at the top.... sigh.... I hope mama Hanyu hugged him a lot.

It really breaks my heart on how hard he is on himself. :sadPooh:

1 minute ago, Sammie said:

It really breaks my heart on how hard he is on himself. :sadPooh:

Me too. I think that's something that sets him apart from those of us who are also very hard on ourselves (i include myself there).

Instead of feeling despair over unachieved goals and simmering in his own kuyashii broth, he gets strength god knows from where to push himself and keep on trying until he gets the result he is aiming for. Of course it's hard to see it, for us who care for him, but i can't really say that i wish he didn't. If he wasn't like that i doubt he would be the skater we have now, i like how he always feels like he can do more, and it's one of the reasons why it's so exciting to follow him.

The only thing i wish now, is that he gets enough love and support from his team and the people he cares about, and that he gives himself time to act like a normal human and cry out from frustration. As long as he can deal with that inner pressure in a healthy way and with the appropriate support, as hard as it is to see him act like that, i won't wish for that part of him to change or say "i wish he wasn't so hard on himself" :sadPooh:

14 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I was so hyped then I did not see him clearly when he emerged from that room . It happened very fast and lack of sleep completely screwed me up . I just hope he’ll be ok after talking with his team and got comfort from Yumi San mama and Pooh San 

Just now, ruruzest said:

I was so hyped then I did not see him clearly when he emerged from that room . It happened very fast and lack of sleep completely screwed me up . I just hope he’ll be ok after talking with his team and got comfort from Yumi San mama and Pooh San 

Hahaha i was hyped too but he has this weird effect on me that as soon as i saw him so close my mind actually cleared up. His smile was grateful but at the same time he looked kind of sad. I guess we now know why... :sadPooh:

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Me too. I think that's something that sets him apart from those of us who are also very hard on ourselves (i include myself there).

Instead of feeling despair over unachieved goals and simmering in his own kuyashii broth, he gets strength god knows from where to push himself and keep on trying until he gets the result he is aiming for. Of course it's hard to see it, for us who care for him, but i can't really say that i wish he didn't. If he wasn't like that i doubt he would be the skater we have now, i like how he always feels like he can do more, and it's one of the reasons why it's so exciting to follow him.

The only thing i wish now, is that he gets enough love and support from his team and the people he cares about, and that he gives himself time to act like a normal human and cry out from frustration. As long as he can deal with that inner pressure in a healthy way and with the appropriate support, as hard as it is to see him act like that, i won't wish for that part of him to change or say "i wish he wasn't so hard on himself" :sadPooh:

It’s better and healthier out than in