General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, xeyra said:

He's already recycling two programs. I don't need him to be THAT much more environmentally conscious. :laughing: A new EX would be just fine for me. LGC EX for next season, on the other hand, I'm all for it. 

Or LGC as SP for next-next season? With 4A? :devilYuzu:

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Actually technically not true. The 4A can be the solo quad, so he would have a 4A, 4T-3T (or any quad combo), 3A as the layout.

Annihilate, exterminate.

:biggrin:

why are we giving him ideas? It's not 18/19 season yet. And I kind of want to see him skate til 2022.....

1 minute ago, Xen said:

why are we giving him ideas? It's not 18/19 season yet. And I kind of want to see him skate til 2022.....

Me too. But I'm very convinced he will stay with the sport as long as he'll be on top of it... which it pretty much as much as he wants it...

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

If I thought of it ... he's a little Dalek at heart when it comes to skating! :13877886:

But it would be lovely, wouldn't it. I am not going to say anything because I feel like not jinxing it so just fingers crossed, and toes, that he decides he's no where near done and we get more time with him!

4 時間前, yuzuuuさんが言いました:

Also, there's what plush said about how LGC didn't suit Yuzu (not that I agree but still). Many commentators didn't really like it too. It's like Marmite (I love it tho XD)

...he has a point. LGC certainly suited Hanyu a lot less than Sex Bomb had suited him (Plushenko). Now that's a match made in quirky heaven.

Hmm...I see where you're headed with the Marmite analogy and it's almost apt but not quite. I think LGC has a wider general appeal than fermented yeast and would take a lot less time to acquire a taste for, even if it's not quite your cup of tea at first. It's maybe more like...cherry soda? Or root beer. I detest the former but enjoy the latter.

1 時間前, Forcefieldさんが言いました:

:smiley-happy085: I've been thinking this for some time and, gah, someone finally said it! I appreciate his slower, softer, elegant and emotional EXs from the past few seasons, but for Olympic season as he went with Chopin and Seimei an upbeat (maybe rock) EX will round his repertoire off so well, not to mention it'll show how he can fit different styles of music.

I dunno about that...has he ever done Toto's Africa?

xP

Just now, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

..he has a point. LGC certainly suited Hanyu a lot less than Sex Bomb had suited him (Plushenko).

That's a purely subjective opinion. 
As far as I am concerned, LGC is the best SP Yuzuru has ever done and it was a corker. It suited him perfectly, as a mature skater due to its demands and complexity, and an adult man now he could have pulled off the content. 

SB is an EX. An entirely different thing. 

7 分ぐらい, Yatagarasuさんが言いました:

That's a purely subjective opinion. 
As far as I am concerned, LGC is the best SP Yuzuru has ever done and it was a corker. It suited him perfectly, as a mature skater due to its demands and complexity, and an adult man now he could have pulled off the content. 

SB is an EX. An entirely different thing. 

...that was a wisecrack I was trying to make...LGC suited Hanyu to a T. Plushenko, however, was born to skate Sex Bomb. Any and all other program-skater pairing, no matter how lovely, would pale in comparison to that. Lol. Unless Hanyu nails Africa...

Just now, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

...that was a wisecrack I was trying to make...LGC suited Hanyu to a T. Plushenko, however, was born to skate Sex Bomb. Lol.

Ah! Typed text :laughing:

Plushy is an amazing ham, SB is perfection for him. But yes, LGC :smiley-love017: I get why he's switching to Chopin, it's the best choice and it's quite incredible, especially now but I shall miss LGC. One day as an EX perhaps!