General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Is it even realistic to have a balanced life as a FS fan??? :facepalm: 

I remember the first week of rediscovering FS.. I thought I was going crazy because I kept seeing blades and jumps and stuff whenever I would close my eyes. Like, I was seriously worried about my mental health  :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp: And now I've just sort of accepted my fate :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: Sanity is overrated, right? 

I legit don't understand how you can be anything other than a full on wreck of an FS fan. Like, either you don't like FS or you let it destroy your life - there is no inbetween.

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

I was promised a calm off season and thought 'yay finally time to read!'

Yeah, no. :facepalm:

LOLOLOLOLOL :darklordyuzu:

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

I legit don't understand how you can be anything other than a full on wreck of an FS fan. Like, either you don't like FS or you let it destroy your life - there is no inbetween.

Well, when I started watching FS as a kid.. I had no idea there were fandoms online and I would only watch Europeans, Worlds and Olys, stuff that was broadcasted.. I would get crazy for several days and calm down later, hehe. But now... oh boy. I was so shook when I discovered all the FS stuff on the Internet, and it turned out to be a major rabbit hole :biggrin: And then Yuzuru happened :13877886:

I thought I'd just drop this in here. Daisuke Takahashi said in this talk with Tetsuya Kumakawa that he had more stamina at age 27 than he did at 20. If Yuzu is already showing the world what it's never seen before, might we have 4 more years of leveling up (and he jumps up so many levels a year) until we see the ultimate, final form of figure skating (even if we have to take it in an ice show)? Will the world end when such perfection is unleashed?

brb starting on my bunker. #deliriousfromsicknessorawakeningtothealientruth?

Just now, Smultron said:

Well, when I started watching FS as a kid.. I had no idea there were fandoms online and I would only watch Europeans, Worlds and Olys, stuff that was broadcasted.. I would get crazy for several days and calm down later, hehe. But now... oh boy. I was so shook when I discovered all the FS stuff on the Internet, and it turned out to be a major rabbit hole :biggrin: And then Yuzuru happened :13877886:

He owes us compensation for the devastating effect he's had on our lives. I will accept it in the form of 4LZ and 4A.

28 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I take offense at that, actually. Tequila time is literally all the time. And it sounds like it really helped you express your gut feelings! (Oh ho ho ho ho. So funny, this guy.)

lol. i did learn that tequila had higher alcohol content than beer. and you really shouldn't chug something with 40% alcohol content.:13877886:

45 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Me too. I have bookshelves full of dusty books and unfinished, cobweb-covered model kits that serve as a reminder of my rich and full pre-2017 World Championships life. I don't know how to snap out of it. All my YouTube suggestions are FS - NO CATS ANYWHERE except when it suggest FaOI. Who's even heard of catless YouTube?!

Yeah, I know what you mean about trying to snap out of it. I've been telling myself to limit watching FS videos, visiting FS forums, reading FS articles, etc. to a certain schedule per day. So far, no success though. Even now during off-season, I can't seem to keep myself from checking for news all the time, even when I'm with other people. Heck, I even feel like I can't hold a proper conversation anymore, because any topic other than FS can't seem to hold my attention lol. 

18 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I take offense at that, actually. Tequila time is literally all the time. And it sounds like it really helped you express your gut feelings! (Oh ho ho ho ho. So funny, this guy.)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 minutes ago, Smultron said:

I can 100 % relate, haha :laughing:

I literally go around thinking about FS all the time and I've noticed that it has become more difficult to concentrate on reading because I find myself thinking about FS anyway.. I've only read like 1,5 books since FAOI... ( it might also be a post-university hangover, haha (thank god I've graduated already :biggrin:)) 

Is it even realistic to have a balanced life as a FS fan??? :facepalm: 

I remember the first week of rediscovering FS.. I thought I was going crazy because I kept seeing blades and jumps and stuff whenever I would close my eyes. Like, I was seriously worried about my mental health  :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp: And now I've just sort of accepted my fate :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: Sanity is overrated, right? 

Yes, sanity is overrated, esp. for a FS fan. I'm so glad other people feel like this. I was afraid I was maybe being too intense lol. 

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

LOLOLOLOLOL :darklordyuzu:

Omg I sort of denied this to myself for the longest time -- surely I can still function "normally" like before even while being a FS fan. I'm starting to think this is not the case, and I should just accept this as my new definition of "normal." 

2 minutes ago, katonice said:

I'm so glad other people feel like this. I was afraid I was maybe being too intense lol. 

Omg I sort of denied this to myself for the longest time -- surely I can still function "normally" like before even while being a FS fan. I'm starting to think this is not the case, and I should just accept this as my new definition of "normal." 

I'm actually terrified it's not just me. I mean, has anyone come out on the other side of this? Do we have any proof that it's possible to beat this addiction? I had full on lifelong obsessions before this and I just dumped them overnight and I don't know what to do. 

1 minute ago, katonice said:

I've been telling myself to limit watching FS videos, visiting FS forums, reading FS articles, etc. to a certain schedule per day. So far, no success though. Even now during off-season, I can't seem to keep myself from checking for news all the time, even when I'm with other people. Heck, I even feel like I can't hold a proper conversation anymore, because any topic other than FS can't seem to hold my attention lol. 

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes, sanity is overrated, esp. for a FS fan. I'm so glad other people feel like this. I was afraid I was maybe being too intense lol. 

Limit watching FS? Lol, who were you kidding :biggrin: I tried that somewhere in July and ended up having a marathon of Caro videos the same day :laughing: 

I just keep telling myself that other people are missing out  :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: 

3 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Limit watching FS? Lol, who were you kidding :biggrin: I tried that somewhere in July and ended up having a marathon of Caro videos the same day :laughing: 

I just keep telling myself that other people are missing out  :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: 

I know :13877886:

Everytime it's a battle... just one more video, or just one more peek at Twitter, or one more topic on PH... and we all know where that usually leads.