General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, yuzuangel said:

Thanks for the numbers!

Plus the first (98.56 at GPF 2015) and third (97.20 at NHK 2015) highest FS PCS! 

I should probably do my research properly when I have time and am not watching two competitions at the same time so I don't have to correct myself all the time. 

7 hours ago, xeyra said:

JAPANESE NATIONALS SCHEDULE

12/21 5:00 PM - Ladies SP

12/22 5:00 PM - Men SP

12/23 5:15 PM - Ladies FS

12/24 5:10 PM - Men FS

12/24 10:30 PM - Announcement of Olympic Team

A little throwback to a few pages ago: Wow, my family is gonna hate me - we celebrate on Christmas Eve. Oh well. :notamused:

In regards to the speculation over a perfect 100 for FS PCS score.  People are saying the judges will not go for it.  That basically was what they were saying about the gymnastics score back in the '70s when Nadia Comenici scored the first perfect 10.  We have already seen that Yuzu has earned perfect 10s for some of the components of the PCS but one must remember that the judging is done with the judges not privy to how the other judges are scoring.  If the judges are witnesses to a performance that is simply transcendent in terms of all its elements, I think it possible.  Likely?  No, I can agree on that.  I will maintain, however, that if anybody is going to achieve a 100 on PCS it will be Yuzu.  No one else has his natural flair on the ice and remember, he does have superior choreography.  His programs are much more densely choreographed, as far as I'm able to tell, than other skaters.  In his routines there are almost no parts of the program where he is simply skating.  He's always doing something.  I haven't been watching figure skating for very long but I've been dealing with ballet for decades and his programs strike me as being as thoroughly choreographed as any I've seen in ballet.  This means that he is doing a lot more than other skaters over any period of time.  How many skaters simply do their step sequence and choreographed sequence plus their jumps and spins but don't really do much beyond that?  I recognize that the elite skaters are doing more but none of them are doing the transitions and difficult entries and non-standard landings on such a consistent basis as Yuzu does and none of them have the complexity of spin sequences he does.  Quite simply when it comes to the totality of his programs in addressing ALL aspects of what great skating involves, Yuzu leaves them all behind.  A perfectly skated Yuzu performance, if for no other reason than he is doing a lot more than the other skaters just in what is laid out in his routine, that deserves a 100.  Will they give it to him?  It will be hard but he's the one to do it if anybody does.

7 hours ago, ruruzest said:

At the hydroblade at ACI he did not make the dramatic gesture of opening his arms, also at the ending pose his right arm just dropped weakly to his side:sadPooh: 

first glance, I was wondering what Hydro found out in ACI lol

8 hours ago, Xen said:

There was an actual landed, intended 3Lz in practice at ACI.....I guess that was the last 3Lz we'll see from him for a while...

3A should live a bit longer though, due to the SP requirements right?

8 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I just had a vision in my head: layout for 2019-2020... 4A 3A 4Lz3T or something along those lines. I don't even want to think what kind of BV would that be, but if the scoring system will change, it doesn't even matter... 

7 hours ago, Xen said:

...Nicer to him than me, the layout in my brain had a 4A in the second half, something like 4Lz 4Loop 3F (cause it's reliable and Yuzu doesn't have 4F yet)// 4S3T 4T-Lo-3S 4A 4T , cause that's when the 7 jumping passes change comes in right?

I guess I have the craziest layout....hahahahaha

when will we see 4 axels in one skate...(this is not the one I have in mind XD )

5 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Oh, lol, so I'm not such a bad fan after all!

To go back to that discussion, I think a perfect 100 is possible. Unlikely but possible. It would happen if Yuzu went completely clean with his FS while being the last or second to last competitor and others were really good too - at Olympics ot Worlds. Basically, judges would have to be put in the this-is-the-highest-level-competition-ever frame of mind and then if Yuzu topped them all with his quality, they'd throw all those 10s at him, a random 9.75 being rejected.

But the perfect storm of circumstances will be unlikely to happen.

I feel like that need to be clean back to back two competition like NHK and GPF in 2015 plus skating last and no "hater" judges...

4 hours ago, xeyra said:

Corrected to mention that the post above are personal bests.

Yuzu actually has the Top 3 SP PCS himself:

49.14 (ISU Grand Prix Final 2015/16)

49.04 (ISU World Championships 2016)

48.55 (ISU CS Autumn Classic International 2017)

And two of the Top 3 FS PCS:

Yuzu - 98.56 (ISU Grand Prix Final 2015/16)

Javi - 98.36 (ISU World Championships 2016)

Yuzu - 97.20 (ISU NHK 2015)

4 hours ago, xeyra said:

Plus the first (98.56 at GPF 2015) and third (97.20 at NHK 2015) highest FS PCS! 

I should probably do my research properly when I have time and am not watching two competitions at the same time so I don't have to correct myself all the time. 

It is a shame that 17WC H&L is not included :(

6 hours ago, xeyra said:

To refresh memories. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

In regards to the speculation over a perfect 100 for FS PCS score.  People are saying the judges will not go for it.  That basically was what they were saying about the gymnastics score back in the '70s when Nadia Comenici scored the first perfect 10.  We have already seen that Yuzu has earned perfect 10s for some of the components of the PCS but one must remember that the judging is done with the judges not privy to how the other judges are scoring.  If the judges are witnesses to a performance that is simply transcendent in terms of all its elements, I think it possible.  Likely?  No, I can agree on that.  I will maintain, however, that if anybody is going to achieve a 100 on PCS it will be Yuzu.  No one else has his natural flair on the ice and remember, he does have superior choreography.  His programs are much more densely choreographed, as far as I'm able to tell, than other skaters.  In his routines there are almost no parts of the program where he is simply skating.  He's always doing something.  I haven't been watching figure skating for very long but I've been dealing with ballet for decades and his programs strike me as being as thoroughly choreographed as any I've seen in ballet.  This means that he is doing a lot more than other skaters over any period of time.  How many skaters simply do their step sequence and choreographed sequence plus their jumps and spins but don't really do much beyond that?  I recognize that the elite skaters are doing more but none of them are doing the transitions and difficult entries and non-standard landings on such a consistent basis as Yuzu does and none of them have the complexity of spin sequences he does.  Quite simply when it comes to the totality of his programs in addressing ALL aspects of what great skating involves, Yuzu leaves them all behind.  A perfectly skated Yuzu performance, if for no other reason than he is doing a lot more than the other skaters just in what is laid out in his routine, that deserves a 100.  Will they give it to him?  It will be hard but he's the one to do it if anybody does.

59 minutes ago, beki said:

Skaters used to get perfect 6.0s, so I think it's possible. It's illogical if you think of it being the best ever with no room for improvement, but if you take it as recognition of a complete and compelling artistic statement, it's fine.

OMG Yuzu's skating skills improved a lot! even I can tell. But I feel like as a judge if you have more points to give(6.0 vs 5 10s), it is harder to give full mark. That's why I love Max's "HUGE difference"