General Yuzuru Chat

I did something on a whim this afternoon.  I went to Google and put in Ice Rink Sendai, which I had researched to find was the name of the rink in Sendai where his early training was.  Once I had it pinpointed on Google Maps, I then switched over to Google Streetview and was then able to go past it as if I was in a car.  I stopped my movement and turned to face it.  To be blunt, there is nothing outside to let you know that it's an ice rink that played a pivotal role in the formation of a legendary athlete.  It's just a plain white box, looking almost like a warehouse or factory.  Not much for romantic imagery, but then we know you can't really judge a book by its cover or a building that is simply a white windowless box.  In any case I think it very possible someday that that rink will have its name altered from Ice Rink Sendai to Yuzuru Hanyu Ice Rink or something like that.  I can't imagine they wouldn't take advantage of the history associated with it.  I'd link to it but you can't link to specific locations on Google Maps so you'll have to search it out just like I did.  Just go to Google and search for 'Ice Rink Sendai'.  Then click on Maps and the rink will be pointed out.  Zoom in, switch to satellite view and then to Streetview.  You'll see a little human shaped yellow figurine in the lower right hand corner.  Switch on that and then explore to your heart's content.

PS - I found my way around it.  Evidently my first view was of the rear of the facility.  Once you get on the other side it reveals itself as a full fitness complex with signage and what appear to be small shops or something.  I can't tell since it's all in Japanese.  At least it looks less utilitarian than it does from behind.

11 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

..... I've seen this fancam many many times and this performance still takes my breath away.

This is actually my favorite performance of Notte Stellata since I was there watching live and it was the first unveil. Maybe if I had seen NHK Trophy version live it would be my favorite instead as it was the cleanest, but during this practice session with fewer people and a quieter atmosphere it really felt like a private show and a peak into Yuzu's own little world. I loved the program the moment I saw it, and felt it really captured his feelings on the journey from injury back to the ice.

15 minutes ago, kamotejojo said:

Today's Asa Chan with Oda Nobunari (by Pino).

WARNING: It discusses the ACI FS. It also features Japanese TV's on-point graphics at the end part. Click only if you want to proceed!

I clicked on it and then came back and you already put the warning up. XD

Okay, but for real though I wonder what Nobu said.

Takeshi Honda got his word on it. Kozuka got his word in. And I agreed with both of them. Now Nobu too and I just bet he's still the most awesome skating senpai as ever.

OMFG that picture of Yuzu that they used at the end there. Someone has a sense of humor. :smiley-laughing021:

15 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I did something on a whim this afternoon.  I went to Google and put in Ice Rink Sendai, which I had researched to find was the name of the rink in Sendai where his early training was.  Once I had it pinpointed on Google Maps, I then switched over to Google Streetview and was then able to go past it as if I was in a car.  I stopped my movement and turned to face it.  To be blunt, there is nothing outside to let you know that it's an ice rink that played a pivotal role in the formation of a legendary athlete.  It's just a plain white box, looking almost like a warehouse or factory.  Not much for romantic imagery, but then we know you can't really judge a book by its cover or a building that is simply a white windowless box.  In any case I think it very possible someday that that rink will have its name altered from Ice Rink Sendai to Yuzuru Hanyu Ice Rink or something like that.  I can't imagine they wouldn't take advantage of the history associated with it.  I'd link to it but you can't link to specific locations on Google Maps so you'll have to search it out just like I did.  Just go to Google and search for 'Ice Rink Sendai'.  Then click on Maps and the rink will be pointed out.  Zoom in, switch to satellite view and then to Streetview.  You'll see a little human shaped yellow figurine in the lower right hand corner.  Switch on that and then explore to your heart's content.

PS - I found my way around it.  Evidently my first view was of the rear of the facility.  Once you get on the other side it reveals itself as a full fitness complex with signage and what appear to be small shops or something.  I can't tell since it's all in Japanese.  At least it looks less utilitarian than it does from behind.

At first glance, I thought you discovered Yuzu in Google map...lol

Hear, Hear! 

I am spending my night listening to a new podcast called Kiss&Cry, an italian figure skating podcast hosted by... you guessed it... MAX! 

I've just arrived to the part dedicated to Yuzuru, and it began this way:

Radio presentator: "Yuzuru is a character that Ambesi followed specifically since, almost since he was born! And you always spoke highly of him, so much that in Canada some fans have aknowledged your enthusiasm and your words for Yuzuru by quoting a famous phrase of you in a Banner, the Planet Hanyu Banner! Can you repeat it now, so that our listeners can cheer on?"

Max: The phrase would be: "Welcome on Planet Hanyu. population, one: HIM." 

:devilYuzu:

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Hear, Hear! 

I am spending my night listening to a new podcast called Kiss&Cry, an italian figure skating podcast hosted by... you guessed it... MAX! 

Radio presentator: "Yuzuru is a character that Ambesi followed specifically since, almost since he was born! And you always spoke highly of him, so much that in Canada some fans have aknowledged your enthusiasm and your words for Yuzuru by quoting a famous phrase of you in a Banner, the Planet Hanyu Banner! Can you repeat it now, so that our listeners can cheer on?"

We are officially recognized

16 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Hear, Hear! 

:sadPooh: