General Yuzuru Chat

Hace 6 horas, xeyra said:

Thank you for sharing! There are many things to comment, but why they always assume that Yuzu's fans come only from Japan? It is not true. And probably some Japanese fans think the same. They were genuinely surprised when I said that I came to ACI for Yuzu.

ETA next time I will translate my banner to Russian and Spanish 

19 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I see no reason for drama, here. They're two different people, with different approaches and different objectives, but since they're both in direct competition some degree of tension is expected. That Brian's taking steps to keep the good tension (the kind that induces motivation) while giving them a break from the bad tension (the inwards pressure of comparing themselves to the other and coming up short) is a good decision and perfectly normal, imho.

I don't think we'll see cat-fights at TCC any time soon :rofl:

9 minutes ago, xeyra said:

- There's tension in TCC paradise: "It's kind of an every-man-for-himself feeling right now with those two guys," Orser said. "I'm getting a feeling of a little bit of tension. They're competitors and it's normal." 

I have a feeling this is mostly Yuzu's doing. Because he gets so focused and serious and 'in the zone', I bet anyone will think twice about talking to him during practice. And maybe the feeling lingers before and after practice as well. After all, he's the one with the murder face. So I guess Javi's something like 'oh well. So I guess this year will be like this all year. Better let things be and do my best, yay!' xD 

2 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Till this day, I never watch the Boston performance. It's my hometown and I remember one of my coworker talking about getting tickets because she wanted to see a particular Japanese skater. To bad I wasn't a fan then.   :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I couldn't go to Barcelona because life, too. I'll regret it forever :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Hace 6 horas, Mastyaeva said:

We are ready! He'll get a Pooh-rain anyway, but I agree, he should be looking forward to taking the revenge on himself (for better or worse, we'll see; personally, I agree that now he is mature enough to work with his team and put his emotions on the right track, even better than in 2015). I feel good about all this :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

:rofl:

5 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

I don't think we'll see cat-fights at TCC any time soon :rofl:

I don't either. I was just amusing myself with the popcorn. :laughing: This is only normal, in an Olympic season, especially with Yuzu's razor focus on that OGM. 

Plus Javi does explain it a bit more about how the training apart sometimes is good for the internal pressure one might feel when training directly with your greatest competition. 

12 minutes ago, Floria said:

Thank you for sharing! There are many things to comment, but why they always assume that Yuzu's fans come only from Japan? It is not true. And probably some Japanese fans think the same. They were genuinely surprised when I said that I came to ACI for Yuzu. 

That's why the Russian fans will save us at COR.

Now I wonder if in Shanghai in 2015 even with the pooh rain, because most of the audience was asian, if they called it a Japanese crowd as well... :scratch2:

6 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I have a feeling this is mostly Yuzu's doing. Because he gets so focused and serious and 'in the zone', I bet anyone will think twice about talking to him during practice. And maybe the feeling lingers before and after practice as well. After all, he's the one with the murder face. So I guess Javi's something like 'oh well. So I guess this year will be like this all year. Better let things be and do my best, yay!' xD 

I think it's both of them, really. Yuzuru hasn't forgotten about Javier winning those World titles and, while Javier's sticking to his guns re: upgrading his layout, he can't ignore Yuzuru being the living, breathing proof of how the tech increases can leave him behind.

I'm sure they're friendly and like each other, but living with that every day can be tiring and affect their focus. Thus, letting them have a break :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

I think it's both of them, really. Yuzuru hasn't forgotten about Javier winning those World titles and, while Javier's sticking to his guns re: upgrading his layout, he can't ignore Yuzuru being the living, breathing proof of how the tech increases can leave him behind.

I'm sure they're friendly and like each other, but living with that every day can be tiring and affect their focus. Thus, letting them have a break :biggrin:

It's true, for sure Javi feels the competition on his part too... how can I say though... Yuzu's like that student in class who has the highest votes in everything and always wants to be on top and suffers if he gets second place anywhere. (lolmeatschoolwhat) While Javi is the really bright student who maybe has a subject or two in which he's average but he focuses on wanting to be best in the things he can be. (also sometimes possibly occasionally has inferiority complex)

At least, that's how I've always seen them xD 

11 минут назад, Forcefield сказал:

That's why the Russian fans will save us at COR.

Now I wonder if in Shanghai in 2015 even with the pooh rain, because most of the audience was asian, if they called it a Japanese crowd as well... :scratch2:

An army of crazy blondes with Japanese flags and Yuzu's posters should destroy their steriotypes this time (we're not all blondes, I'm joking).

5 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

Especially after ACI:

- Yuzu will probably go into practice demon mode if he sees Javi too often, as that gives too much kuyashii over ACI, and all "take it easy for your health" could go out the window, and alas Brian's hair will go faster

- Javi probably will not want to be around the Yuzu-ball-o-intensity daily, especially after ACI

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

It's true, for sure Javi feels the competition on his part too... how can I say though... Yuzu's like that student in class who has the highest votes in everything and always wants to be on top and suffers if he gets second place anywhere. (lolmeatschoolwhat) While Javi is the really bright student who maybe has a subject or two in which he's average but he focuses on wanting to be best in the things he can be. (also sometimes possibly occasionally has inferiority complex)

-That's also how I'd describe them.  Yuzu's the type of perfectionist who by being harsh on themselves, sometimes motivates (and devastates) others to work and try to ascend the ranks with him. It's intimidating, and a constant reminder of the gap between someone who is excellent, and someone who is a genius. It's motivating, because it gives you a vision of what could be; but devastating because it can become overwhelming and allow you to give up (cause you'll never be like that). 

Granted, even geniuses have to work efficiently, which ACI reminded Yuzu in a very painful/kuyashii manner....

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Granted, even geniuses have to work efficiently, which ACI reminded Yuzu in a very painful/kuyashii manner....

Boy did it ever. Hope he takes it easy before COR. Last time he was this kuyashii he worked like mad and broke some records, but also probably aggravated his left foot injury. So.... errr... Brian and Tracy, keep him in check. Which I think they are, if they're keeping him at only one 4Lo per training session. 

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

That's also how I'd describe them.  Yuzu's the type of perfectionist who by being harsh on themselves, sometimes motivates (and devastates) others to work and try to ascend the ranks with him. It's intimidating, and a constant reminder of the gap between someone who is excellent, and someone who is a genius. It's motivating, because it gives you a vision of what could be; but devastating because it can become overwhelming and allow you to give up (cause you'll never be like that). 

Perfectly said. Moreover, there are two elements that, put together, make the perfect terrible cocktail for outside pressure: when people consider you a genius, and not just excellent at what you do, and when you open up with people and show that you want results, you want to be on top, you almost need it. Because with these two things, when you fail, people are going to see right through you. They are going to make you feel like you disappointed, because perfection and genius is always expected of you. 

And I guess this is the difference we've always highlighted between how Yuzuru is treated, and how every other top skater is treated. 

27 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Javi is so very Spanish. There's no better way to put it, really :rofl:

But yeah, I get what you're saying here and see that as a good explanation of their different objectives: Yuzu wants that OGM with the burning passion of a thousand suns and he's going for it with all guns blazing, while Javier is betting on his current best granting him a good chance at the Olympic podium (which Yuzuru's own 3 quad SEIMEI can attest to).

Still, as Javier said himself in that interview at ACI, training together all the time can be a distraction if they start focusing more on how the other's doing and less on their own thing.

Reminds me of my school days *shudders*

Went to class with my books read and the papers done after multiple revisions. And then that one student in class raised a hand to ask about the extra research she did on the side about the subject on top of the work. Like, why would you do that!? Just chill and stop making me look bad! Lol

Yuzu being a genius would already be disheartening enough for some without that natural talent and genes, but he puts in so much work and focus that in itself is sometimes disheartening. There are just some people, like me, who don't have the same drive and will. At the same time it makes us jealous, it's hard not to admire someone like that.