General Yuzuru Chat

I broke the embarassed swan smiley i am sorry, i reuploaded it with another size but since i replaced the image it shows an ugly notice on the forum sorry sorry sorry

To make up for it i leave you with Pooh and sad Pooh: :POOH::sadPooh:

I must say, this off-season is interesting :yes:When I read those "choreographer battle" rumors I couldn't stop laughing :rofl: 

Whoever wrote it probably watched too much of "Yurii on Ice" 

I really like Shae's works for Yuzu, but I won't mind change as long as music cuts will be good.

Hydroblade said:
I broke the embarassed swan smiley i am sorry, i reuploaded it with another size but since i replaced the image it shows an ugly notice on the forum sorry sorry sorry

To make up for it i leave you with Pooh and sad Pooh: :POOH::sadPooh:

All the Yuzu smileys are great and the pooh is cute! Thank you very much :acceptable: :agree:

Dori6886 said:
I must say, this off-season is interesting :yes: When I read those "choreographer battle" rumors I couldn't stop laughing :rofl: 

I really like Shae's works for Yuzu, but I won't mind change as long as music cuts will be good.

His music cuts have always been perfect regardless of the choreographer and the choice of music. Nothing disturbing and out of range. I think he always had a word to say in this. :bow: :love: 

It's too bad that skaters do not do quick drop ins or extra special guest spots on different shows... and by this I naturally mean that it is too bad Yuzu could not do a guest spot on CSOI in Toronto!!! He is there.... It would be so convenient.... for me, lol. It is sad that we rarely get international stars anymore on csoi.... I used to go regularly but now it is just a Canadian cast usually... not worth it for me. Only people in Japan ever get shows with him in it... not fair!!!!

ralucutzagy said:
Dori6886 said:
I must say, this off-season is interesting :yes: When I read those "choreographer battle" rumors I couldn't stop laughing :rofl: 

His music cuts have always been perfect regardless of the choreographer and the choice of music. Nothing disturbing and out of range. I think he always had a word to say in this. :bow: :love: 

Yes, it doesn't sound as chopped up then pasted together like other skaters' music. :grin: 

With all this choreo talk.. Maybe someone knowledgeble could explain me what are the requirements for step sequence and choreo sequence? I know that they are different, but can't the choreo sequence be totally made of steps (don't kill me, I know nothing about steps..)

And on the other note, I actually really like RJ2 (hate the costume though :noshake:)

Klera said:
With all this choreo talk.. Maybe someone knowledgeble could explain me what are the requirements for step sequence and choreo sequence? I know that they are different, but can't the choreo sequence be totally made of steps (don't kill me, I know nothing about steps..)

And on the other note, I actually really like RJ2 (hate the costume though :noshake: )

I'm till learning so someone can correct me if I'm wrong~

Choreo sequence is a bit easier to understand cuz there's no levels on it, it can be any number of steps or transitional moves in any pattern, it should have good ice coverage and should be recognisable, it can include non-listed jumps. GOE is given for good energy, execution, clarity/precision, good commitment of the whole body, creativity, appearing effortless, enhancing the musical structure and the character of the program.

Step sequence levelling is harder to spot unless you recognise steps and turns (I...am getting there, I know what steps there are but can't really recognise them) but level 4 must have at least 11 difficult steps and turns, rotations CW and CCW covering at least 1/3rd of the patterns, use of full body movement for at least 1/3rd of the patterns, and at least 2 combinations of difficult turns on different feet with a clear rhythm. It can be any patterns but should have good ice coverage. GOE is given for similar qualities as the choreo sequence.

to tell them apart, the stsq will have more foot work and the chsq will have more things like lunges, hydroblading, ina bauers etc.

Choreo sequence is a bit easier to understand cuz there's no levels on it, it can be any number of steps or transitional moves in any pattern, it should have good ice coverage and should be recognisable, it can include non-listed jumps. GOE is given for good energy, execution, clarity/precision, good commitment of the whole body, creativity, appearing effortless, enhancing the musical structure and the character of the program.

Step sequence levelling is harder to spot unless you recognise steps and turns (I...am getting there, I know what steps there are but can't really recognise them) but level 4 must have at least 11 difficult steps and turns, rotations CW and CCW covering at least 1/3rd of the patterns, use of full body movement for at least 1/3rd of the patterns, and at least 2 combinations of difficult turns on different feet with a clear rhythm. It can be any patterns but should have good ice coverage. GOE is given for similar qualities as the choreo sequence.

to tell them apart, the stsq will have more foot work and the chsq will have more things like lunges, hydroblading, ina bauers etc.

Thank you so much for such a great explanation! So, do I understand correctly, that choreo has a BV + GOE (is it up to +3 as for jumps?) and for steps the BV depends on the levels and then the judges award GOEs?

Thank you so much for such a great explanation! So, do I understand correctly, that choreo has a BV + GOE (is it up to +3 as for jumps?) and for steps the BV depends on the levels and then the judges award GOEs?

yep so for the stsq the levels are B, 1, 2, 3, 4 with B being it doesnt even meet the minimal variety of steps (less than 5 different steps and turns) and 4 having complexity (11 turns and steps), the base values and 1.5, 1.8, 2.6, 3.3, 3.9 from B~4 then the highest GOE is 1.5 for +3. Choreo sequence has a BV of 2 and highest GOE is 2.1 for +3

jinabee said:

yep so for the stsq the levels are B, 1, 2, 3, 4 with B being it doesnt even meet the minimal variety of steps (less than 5 different steps and turns) and 4 having complexity (11 turns and steps), the base values and 1.5, 1.8, 2.6, 3.3, 3.9 from B~4 then the highest GOE is 1.5 for +3. Choreo sequence has a BV of 2 and highest GOE is 2.1 for +3

:bow: 

sorry for this off topic

Hmm, sorry, but I'm not sure get it.. so if all the judges put +3 for stsq, then the skater get's 1.5? For Worlds long Yuzu got 1.5 GOE, but he had +2s as well..

Hmm, sorry, but I'm not sure get it.. so if all the judges put +3 for stsq, then the skater get's 1.5? For Worlds long Yuzu got 1.5 GOE, but he had +2s as well..

depending on the level, lvl 4 stsq would have x0.7 factor so the max GOE is 2.1; while lvl3 stsq would only have a factor of x0.5 thus the max GOE is 1.5.

depending on the level, lvl 4 stsq would have x0.7 factor so the max GOE is 2.1; while lvl3 stsq would only have a factor of x0.5 thus the max GOE is 1.5.

Got it, thank you!