General Yuzuru Chat

Guest Mary_kyo
8 minutes ago, Pammi said:

But you are right, H&L is gorgeous - I think he had a harder time with the judges about it compared to SEIMEI too so that might have influenced him as well.

Exactly. Not only judges, but commentators were also really harsh with it too. For example, Mark Hanretty kept saying his interpretation and commitment were lacking. In general, that time his battle with ISU was started so commentators, who are only paid mouthpieces, were all harsh with that gorgeous program.

2 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

Hey I was tempted to say surfing or even *gasp* sand surfing but let’s be real here :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: Or, he can say “I went skiing…” that’s believable right lol

Maybe news about live view global experience!!. Just imagine going to a cinema at 3 in the morning for a 4am screening. :dpooh:

17 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Maybe 2 piano pieces put him off H&S with Chopin, plus he adores SEIMEI and had always planned it for PC I think? But you are right, H&L is gorgeous - I think he had a harder time with the judges about it compared to SEIMEI too so that might have influenced him as well.

9 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Exactly. Not only judges, but commentators were also really harsh with it too. For example, Mark Hanretty kept saying his interpretation and commitment were lacking. In general, that time his battle with ISU was started so commentators, who are only paid mouthpieces, were all harsh with that gorgeous program.

Everytime I think I can't get angrier at ISU, these kind of things just get to me. I'm glad Yuzu chose Seimei for PC since it was such an energetic, beautiful program - the music itself is very soothing for me.

I wish H&L got the recognition and praise it deserved. I watched the 2017 4CC comp in full and there's no way Yuzu didn't deserve to win gold back then 😭

10 hours ago, gapil27 said:

I thinks it’s a totally normal reaction. We are all like that. It’s amplified more for Yuzu because it’s a new uncharted territory for him. It’s not like competition where he knows what to expect, what’s going to happen, he’s been at it a thousand times. But a one man ice show, with a totally new format? That’s a first for him.

Anyway all the talks about marriage made me chuckle. In my mind Yuzu will absolutely pull a Yuzuru where he made a casual offhand remark in an interview like “Oh, I went paragliding on my honeymoon recently. It was nice.” And then leave it at that while the whole world crash and burns around him. 

That would be so much fun!! :surprised_pikachu::rofl3:

As @rockstaryuzusaid, Yuzu is a very private person, just because we don't know about the existence of a partner doesn't mean that he doesn't have one. In any case, each one can have a different concept of happiness.

7 hours ago, Anni said:

So 3:11 a.m. in my time zone.

Then I can look forward to it when I wake up.:heartpound:

This morning I almost had a heart attack when I saw the new video notification. At least now we are on notice for tomorrow hehehe

3 hours ago, LiaRy said:

Me realizing I still have more to learn about Yuzu after over 9 months of constantly finding out stuff.

I was wondering today if there's any specific reason why Yuzu didn't keep Hope&Legacy as his FS for the Olympics. I know about LGC never being perfect and him not risking it at the Olys as his SP.

Of course, PyC Seimei is iconic and amazing and possibly my favourite Yuzu-skate, but H&L, I think would've also made for an amazing Olys FS. Still very much Asian rooted and with a deeper meaning (imo) than Seimei.

Don't paid much attention to my words, but I seem to remember that in an interview he said that when he skated Seimei for the first time (or something like that) he decided that this would be the program for the Olys. But yes, H&L is such a beautiful program :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

10 hours ago, Pammi said:

No chance lol!!

Exactly! Yuzu is afraid of heights.

8 hours ago, Anni said:

So 3:11 a.m. in my time zone.

Then I can look forward to it when I wake up.:heartpound:

3:11? Be careful, the new video may hit you like a tsunami.

9 minutes ago, Anabel said:

Don't paid much attention to my words, but I seem to remember that in an interview he said that when he skated Seimei for the first time (or something like that) he decided that this would be the program for the Olys. But yes, H&L is such a beautiful program :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Yes, Yuzu had decided on Seimei as his PyeongChang Olympics free skate from the very beginning, according to him.

24 minutes ago, Anabel said:

That would be so much fun!! :surprised_pikachu::rofl3:

As @rockstaryuzusaid, Yuzu is a very private person, just because we don't know about the existence of a partner doesn't mean that he doesn't have one. In any case, each one can have a different concept of happiness.

This morning I almost had a heart attack when I saw the new video notification. At least now we are on notice for tomorrow hehehe

yeah ... but he also trolled everyone that he was working on something new for the Olys season then Chopin and Seimei appeared at ACl 2017. Yuzu knew that he wanted to use Seimei after the GP success with it. 

@Geo1has commented similarly

14 hours ago, Pammi said:

I so wish Yuzuru had less anxiety about everything and could enjoy stuff to do with his skating and his success more...if I had a magic wand I'd wave it over him and make it so.

It's no wonder that Yuzu is anxious and insecure. After all, he's stepping into a totally unknown world, going to places no one has ever been and doing things no one has ever done before. After competing for most of his life, he left what's familiar and known to him. Such a fundamental life change would be terrifying for anyone.

I think Yuzu was surprised and perhaps even shocked about just how big his popularity and the demand for him, his skating, and everything related to him is, even after his retirement from competitions. Perhaps he was worried that many fans would leave after him turning professional.

Again, these fears are relatable. The truth is, nobody could be sure whether Yuzu's professional career would be a success or not. There were no guarantees. He was extremely popular when he was still competing, but would this popularity translate into success in his professional ventures? Would his fans be willing to follow him and spend money on him even after his retirement? Nobody knew for sure.

Yuzu took huge risks when he finally liberated himself and carried out his plans for his YouTube channel, the membership, and especially his ice shows. I admire him so much for his courage to pursue his goals and take the enormous risks.

On top of this, let's not forget that a certain organization that shall not be named and its cronies put Yuzu down at every opportunity, underscored him, diminished him, disrespected him, mocked him, and showed him that they thought him unworthy, undeserving, and redundant. It's no wonder his self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth suffered from the years of mistreatment. Fortunately, these dark times are over.

I hope he now feels more assured and secure about his own value and worth and that we have shown him with our support just how loved he is. I hope he loves and appreciates himself and what he has to offer as much as we do. I hope he knows that he's more popular and loved than ever. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

6 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Maybe news about live view global experience!!. Just imagine going to a cinema at 3 in the morning for a 4am screening. :dpooh:

Well, that's exactly what we would do. And we would be happy and overjoyed about it. And make Pooh rains and fan meets in the cinemas. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

9 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

It's no wonder that Yuzu is anxious and insecure. After all, he's stepping into a totally unknown world, going to places no one has ever been and doing things no one has ever done before. After competing for most of his life, he left what's familiar and known to him. Such a fundamental life change would be terrifying for anyone.

I think Yuzu was surprised and perhaps even shocked about just how big his popularity and the demand for him, his skating, and everything related to him is, even after his retirement from competitions. Perhaps he was worried that many fans would leave after him turning professional.

Again, these fears are relatable. The truth is, nobody could be sure whether Yuzu's professional career would be a success or not. There were no guarantees. He was extremely popular when he was still competing, but would this popularity translate into success in his professional ventures? Would his fans be willing to follow him and spend money on him even after his retirement? Nobody knew for sure.

Yuzu took huge risks when he finally liberated himself and carried out his plans for his YouTube channel, the membership, and especially his ice shows. I admire him so much for his courage to pursue his goals and take the enormous risks.

On top of this, let's not forget that a certain organization that shall not be named and its cronies put Yuzu down at every opportunity, underscored him, diminished him, disrespected him, mocked him, and showed him that they thought him unworthy, undeserving, and redundant. It's no wonder his self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth suffered from the years of mistreatment. Fortunately, these dark times are over.

I hope he now feels more assured and secure about his own value and worth and that we have shown him with our support just how loved he is. I hope he loves and appreciates himself and what he has to offer as much as we do. I hope he knows that he's more popular and loved than ever. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Well, that's exactly what we would do. And we would be happy and overjoyed about it. And make Pooh rains and fan meets in the cinemas. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

If nothing else in a world which is currently at odds with itself, numbers are always a good fall back in terms of making sense of things. 

Even without reviews and feedback from audience, fans and media. Producing a show incurs vast expenses, venues, publicity, staff, costumes, musicians, music ets has to be paid for and some expense have to be paid in advance. The venture is a big risk in fiscal and material terms, before consideration of fan loyalty, critical acclaim, artistic appreciation and all of the other factors which make productions a success or flops. Popularity alone does not guarantee ticket and other sales. 

Anyway it would not be an exaggeration to say that Prologue is a massive success and all of the praises discussed here over the past few days are well deserved. 

Even without the benefit of seeing the accounts first hand, it would not be implausible to suggest that any monetary outlays related to the production of prologue have been completely recovered and that Prologue has been a profitable venture, which will help to finance future ventures and projects.

Just pondering whether Yuzu has had chance to glance at the sales figures for the merchandise, both at the venue and online. Somebody in the official staff team must have seen how well the sales were going and made arrangements with suppliers and manufacturers to continue making the various products and restock or have advanced orders, so as to meet the high demand for the goods. Publishers are constantly needing to reprint Yuzu books and magazines, posters and calendars.

The ticket sales for prologue must be unprecedented, even more remarkable, considering the short time frame and increasing numbers of cinemas and screens added as the Prologue screening  day approached.

For comparison, the GP event tickets went on sale prior to Liberation Day back in July and the venues failed to attract audience before the respective event dates, despite offering discounted tickets. NHK will be the litmus test to really demonstrate how popular figure skating is in reality.  (or is the operative phrase figure skater?) In previous years, NHK tickets could only be obtained via ticket lottery. 

It may still be plausible to claim that reduced ticket sales in the alternate venues - UK and Finland are not necessarily representative of FS popularity, because the usual host countries are selected for the GP, because FS is popular in both Russia and China. 

Prologue is a huge success and this will serve to help Yuzu rebuild his confidence as he moves forward and consolidates his Hanyu Yuzuru professional skating brand.

Long may the Yuzu shows reign supreme.