General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, KendallKlaire said:

Something that caught my attention in that interview (if what I read was translated correctly) - is that Yuzu has received a lot of offers and not only from ice shows, but probably acting, variety show appearances, modeling, and possibly film roles. Now it's possible Yuzu has simply received offers to join talent agencies that would give him these roles, but I do think Yuzu is popular and attractive enough that the Japanese entertainment industry would love to capitalize on him. 

I understand and respect that Yuzu wants to focus on purely skating at the moment, but a selfish part of me desperately wants to see actor Yuzu. With some training and the right role I could see him being an excellent actor because he already interprets music so well on the ice. I do wonder if potentially another reason Yuzu avoids acting is so that he is not seen as an idol because he wants to be purely seen as an athlete (which, again, I respect). It wouldn't surprise me if some higher ups in the past have derided Yuzu in the past because of his "idol looks" (for example: saying his popularity is only because of his looks).  But if he did take more entertainment opportunities it could also open more doors to ice show possibilities - more connections, resources, etc. 

I've been thinking about it and I think I prefer Yuzu to follow his plans as a professional athlete only. I don't think he will lack attention, currently he already captures a lot when he is just beginning to move. I also feel like it's a matter of independence now that he's finally freed from ISU. Yuzu working for himself, deciding for himself. I really like that.