General Yuzuru Chat

After more than a decade Yuzu has decided to open a window into his world via a social media platform. Yuzu always says that he wants to give 120%. So it's safe to deduce that Yuzu really will promote himself at last, now that he is a professional athlete. Omedetou gozau masu to the Ice Champion

We will be blessed indeed to have more sightings of the Magical Skating Unicorn. 

6 minutes ago, Fita said:

It is not easy to read him 😂 i think more of introvert because he seems to only explode when it is about FS, and his programs are mostly introverted (except PW, LMEY, LGC), and that he didn't have public SNS before this (like (sometimes) thinking too much about how others see him), and how he is capable to see himself (like, he rarely talks about comparing himself to others, good at reflection (?)).

But he seems to feed on fans' energy, and that is the main trait of an extrovert🤣

Eheh, yes it is most likely scheduled, but i am super happy nonetheless :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

(having slight fever could definitely affect emotion)

I think him as an introvert as well but in a very positive way. It seems he has very clear picture in his mind about who, where and when he needs to be.

I am the worst kind of introvert myself,  so I am a little bit worried that all this "media hype" will consume much of his energy, so I really really hope he has good people in his team to take care of him and his public appearances.

But I am super happy about upcoming live stream :yahoo:

I wish speedy recovery for you. A drop of Vodka, chilipepper and honey, that cures everythig except Yuzu feaver, which I am having and I don't ever want to recover. 😉

14 minutes ago, Suzu said:

I think him as an introvert as well but in a very positive way. It seems he has very clear picture in his mind about who, where and when he needs to be.

I am the worst kind of introvert myself,  so I am a little bit worried that all this "media hype" will consume much of his energy, so I really really hope he has good people in his team to take care of him and his public appearances.

Ah, introvert/extrovert is just a trait (?), it is not like 90% of introvertian population is negative :68468287: altho i am also the negative introvert lol.

i was worry about the media hype too (more about the fans hype tho, like would he get too emotional reading all those comments lol because even i am already emotional), but then i remember how full-of-confidence Hanyu himself asked his fans to have expectation on him and my worry was gone :rofl3:

Well, well, well

The article: 

https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASQ856HNNQ84UTQP023.html

How the article quotes him: 

今年2月の北京オリンピック(五輪)は4位だった。その後、エキシビションに向けた2月18日のサブリンクでの練習では、2連覇を達成した2018年平昌五輪のフリー「SEIMEI」をはじめ、過去に演じた九つのプログラムを次々に披露。終了後、報道陣にこれまでの感謝を伝えた上で、こう語っていた。

"公開練習しますか。くっそ自由な。本当に皆さんには取材とか関係なく、ただひたすら仕事も忘れて、飲みながらでも何でもいいんで。見てもらえる時間がいつか来たらいいなと思っています"

I'm posting the quote separately because I know people will get very confused at Marika for her translation LOL

edit: LOL as soon as I saw the qrts I knew Marika would delete her tweet! WIll post the whole article here on spoilers:

Spoiler

フィギュアスケート男子でプロ転向を表明した羽生結弦さん(27)が、10日に国内で公開練習を行うことを発表した。公式YouTubeチャンネル「HANYU YUZURU」で正午ごろからライブ配信する。7月19日にあった会見でプロへの転向を発表して以降、初めて公の場でリンクに立つ。

「プロのアスリートとしてスケートを続けていくことを決意しました」

羽生さんは7月の会見でそう語り、今後は競技会には出場せず、アイスショーなどを中心に活動していく意向を示した。

さらに「皆さんの前で成功させられることを強く考えながら、これからも頑張っていきます」と前人未到のクワッドアクセル(4回転半)への挑戦を続けることも明言。

続けて、「自分としては、『これからも期待してやってください』と胸を張って言える気持ちです。試合という限られた場所じゃなくて、もっといろんな方法で自分のスケートを見ていただく機会があるかなと思っているし、作っていきたいと考えています。ぜひ楽しみにしていただきたいです」と話していた。

今年2月の北京オリンピック(五輪)は4位だった。その後、エキシビションに向けた2月18日のサブリンクでの練習では、2連覇を達成した2018年平昌五輪のフリー「SEIMEI」をはじめ、過去に演じた九つのプログラムを次々に披露。終了後、報道陣にこれまでの感謝を伝えた上で、こう語っていた。

「公開練習しますか。くっそ自由な。本当に皆さんには取材とか関係なく、ただひたすら仕事も忘れて、飲みながらでも何でもいいんで。見てもらえる時間がいつか来たらいいなと思っています」

報道関係者に送られた今回の取材案内のタイトルには「Share Practice」と記されている。プロスケーターとしてどんな演技を見せるのか。何を語るのか。

羽生さんの新たなスタートに注目が集まる。

Also a reminder that this is not the first time he says "kusou" out in public. Not even the second LOL 

1 minute ago, Xiupia said:

Well, well, well

The article: 

https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASQ856HNNQ84UTQP023.html

How the article quotes him: 

"公開練習しますか。くっそ自由な。本当に皆さんには取材とか関係なく、ただひたすら仕事も忘れて、飲みながらでも何でもいいんで。見てもらえる時間がいつか来たらいいなと思っています"

I'm posting the quote separately because I know people will get very confused at Marika for her translation LOL

Heck yeah, Yuzu. Have yourself a 「くっそ自由な」practice. It’s even at the right time that I can have a drink and forget about work while watching.