General Yuzuru Chat

36 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Where this link came from? There's no live stream on Yuzu channel??

The link works for me? It's offline but I see live chat, and there are 1000 likes already... and you can log that you will watch later. Is there something wrong with it being there already?

Some one had a good idea about virtual Pooh Rain following practice, in the live chat :dpooh:

28 minutes ago, Fita said:

it is fun to have discussion w/ you guys! i think, for good or bad, it is human nature to try to understand things by putting them on boxes and put labels on them. I for one am really interested in how Hanyu's mind works....

Reminds me to why Hanyu is interesting. I wonder where Hanyu gain the power/spirit to stay competitive, for so many years, longer than his competitors - from his fans? his friends? his family? from himself? I have impression that in competitions Hanyu really feed on fans' cheers, like he does really enjoy basking in it and is not even trying to hide it (which is very un-japanese lol), and often good cheers equal good performance - but in between competition, i have the same impression as what Yuzurella said.

ah yes i think pre-Sochi Hanyu was more extroverted. I did not realize that it slowly changed... well yes, human grows, and so is his popularity, but it still feels a bit sad :") 

Oh, thank you Anabel for the article! I know the term for a long time but didn't particularly interested because i thought it a bit weird to be exactly balanced 50%-50% and normal human should have some tendency. But the article said it to be something similar to being bilingual and can be switched over, and i think i can understand it better with that analogy :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: 

(and thinking Hanyu is ambiverted and can switch in how he generate energy, from fans or from himself, would make me calmer as a fan lol) 

heheh but it is really fun to think and have good discussion with you all! I rarely join fans group (more like a silent lurker) so i really enjoy it teehee, it is midnight here and my head hurt and slight fever, so good nightt :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

My pleasure! :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

I love having this kind of talks, I often have it with my friends and although I don't usually read books, I do read articles. The human mind is very complex and although it's true that naming things helps a lot, it's also complicated when the number of labels you have is limited. So this type of talk is always enriching.

20 minutes ago, caramelicht said:

actually i wondered too how they get the link because it seems yuzu just opened the link since it said the live stream is offline. Maybe he tried to do live test privately and learn how it works before the actual live stream. 

ah now i feel bad i hope he's not scared of someone trying to hack him or something like that. Yuzu maybe wondering himself how the fans know about the link..

I feel a bit confused now as well :confused: But it says the stream is offline, I mean, there's no content. If he were bothered, he would probably just close it, right?

39 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I suddenly feel like we're at Ice Rink Sendai's front door camping out side with blanket and flask of coffee. 

The thing is, if Yuzu is not ready to open the door, I feel wrong to queue up hours before the actual event. Call me old fashioned or whatever but turning up too early for party is not good...

yeah… I don’t like this much either. Just feels like pressure to him in a way, all this people camping there. 
Better just to show up in due time with full support and numbers, rather than clog the link for no reason right now… 

just me tho. 

3 時間前, YuDaiさんが言いました:

So...Is Yuzuru actually swearing or is this just Marika's interpretation??

Marika's translation is accurate, I think. Just take くっそ as an emphatic expression of "extremely" or "really."

https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/くっそ

IMO, this word is not so strong as s*it or f*cking in English, although I don't recommend using it in public.

Yuzuru uses rough words sometimes to the ones who are close to him. I think it means he is relaxed.

I love his calling himself 俺 ore, instead of 僕 boku  :10636614:

6 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

yeah… I don’t like this much either. Just feels like pressure to him in a way, all this people camping there. 
Better just to show up in due time with full support and numbers, rather than clog the link for no reason right now… 

just me tho. 

I think people just got excited and went to leave some comments. I see a lot of comments saying good night now :laughing:

46 minutes ago, Pammi said:

The link works for me? It's offline but I see live chat, and there are 1000 likes already... and you can log that you will watch later. Is there something wrong with it being there already?

Some one had a good idea about virtual Pooh Rain following practice, in the live chat :dpooh:

No, this is how pre-announced livestreams work on YT. Most peopple just don't join the chat early, b/c why would they? But Yuzu is fun to chat about

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

why would they? But Yuzu is fun to chat about

You can physically FEEL the excitement from the livechat lol!! I'm not going to hang around in there though, a quick look, a "Hi Fanyus!!" in the livechat, hit the like, and off was my contribution (oh and I clicked the watch later button too...it's there, so there must be expectations that people will have a look prior to live events?? I don't know, I'm new to this :HELPSOS:

We will all soon get used to it, and the appropriate protocol I am sure.

21 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Marika's translation is accurate, I think. Just take くっそ as an emphatic expression of "extremely" or "really."

https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/くっそ

IMO, this word is not so strong as s*it or f*cking in English, although I don't recommend using it in public.

Yuzuru uses rough words sometimes to the ones who are close to him. I think it means he is relaxed.

I love his calling himself 俺 ore, instead of 僕 boku  :10636614:

I'd say based on this description that 'くっそ' is probably closest to the widely used 'effing' or 'eff' as a substitute for the f-word. Everyone knows what it means but it's still un-rude enough to use in polite company. 

I love that Yuzu says ore.  For a wide variety of reasons but mostly because it makes clear that he sees himself as a leader type. 

25 minutes ago, Pammi said:

You can physically FEEL the excitement from the livechat lol!! I'm not going to hang around in there though, a quick look, a "Hi Fanyus!!" in the livechat, hit the like, and off was my contribution (oh and I clicked the watch later button too...it's there, so there must be expectations that people will have a look prior to live events?? I don't know, I'm new to this :HELPSOS:

We will all soon get used to it, and the appropriate protocol I am sure.

Great!

But you know, I went to Yuzu's official channel and I don't see any link for the livestream up there yet...maybe doublecheck that it isn't someone else taking advantage of the situation, like they did yesterday. Check the channel name

32 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Great!

But you know, I went to Yuzu's official channel and I don't see any link for the livestream up there yet...maybe doublecheck that it isn't someone else taking advantage of the situation, like they did yesterday. Check the channel name

It's definitely on Yuzuru's channel, but I'm not sure how the original poster found the link. Personally I don't think it's a big problem either way, unless Yuzuru comes out and says it's making him uncomfortable. Though I know we're all very protective of him (I'm probably one of the worst ones :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:).

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'd say based on this description that 'くっそ' is probably closest to the widely used 'effing' or 'eff' as a substitute for the f-word. Everyone knows what it means but it's still un-rude enough to use in polite company. 

I love that Yuzu says ore.  For a wide variety of reasons but mostly because it makes clear that he sees himself as a leader type. 

It might be closer to "damn", may-haps? Because it is a tiny bit rude to use it in super polite company. We know "damn" does not mean much in the modern use of english but there ARE people who would prefer if you don't use it because it does have literal connotations, different from "effing" which is a mild exclamation. 

I think @Geo1's run down of the word and how japanese language simply does not have the equivalent make it hard to compare it to a mild exclamation, and certainly not something as "vulgar". 

edit: just hope we do not get to a point where we edit or censor what he is saying, that's all. 

Alright let me drop this subject LOL

Spoiler

It just bothers me, Yuzu uses strong language with his peers and around people he is comfortable with, but he is consistently constrained, image wise, to be his super polite version - the one he presents officially to presscons and with respectful company - and I really just want him to be free of this, especially now he is not on the competitive scene anymore.