General Yuzuru Chat

I have been lurking here for the longest time and joined because I wanted to share my thoughts on Yuzu’s career now that he is switching to Pro. What a rollercoaster of emotions the past week has been. I’ve been swamped with work and couldn’t properly process what I’m feeling but yesterday I had a good cry after watching all the interviews and broadcasts. 

Feel free to skip. 

Spoiler

At my practice rink, older FS fans have always been talking about ISU “retiring” a skater and how it has always been a common practice. Yuzu was fighting against several decades of corruption probably before he was even born. Along with asthma, injuries, illnesses, accidents, having the wrong passport and not being supported by his fed, he managed to succeed and rise above all that. That’s a great feat to celebrate and 12 years of senior career, he really went beyond the expected competitivr years of a skater with so many memorable GOAT moments.

I’ve been so heartbroken by all that he has revealed so far. I was thinking of posting a lot so I could join the salt mines and vent there but I realized that I didn’t want to wallow in anger and sadness. I didn’t want to invalidate his suffering but I wanted to view it differently. They dampened his spirit but he regained his flame letting us know of his determination to keep pushing as a pro skater. They took away his joy of competing but he decided to take it back by leaving and competing with himself. They made him feel so insignificant and small but on the contrary, he left a huge legacy and has millions of fans supporting him and waiting for his next move. He didn’t lose anything, they lost him. For a sport that’s so elegant and beautiful, the people behind it are so gross and disgusting with their convoluted and dirty corruption. Before they could break him, he broke free from them and I have never been happier for Yuzu.

The things he said are hard to swallow but I appreciate his honesty in sharing these words. Because of that, I understand his decision more and I don’t want to be stuck in the past thinking of the injustices and what ifs because there is so much to look forward to. I initially felt sorry for Yuzu but now I just admire him more because not everyone can walk away from toxic environments. 

Tsuzuki sensei said “Has there ever been a skater who has been more rewarded?” These words had an impact on Yuzu and he holds it close to his heart. It has also made me realize that I am a fan of Yuzu who has been so rewarded. I’m so blessed that I was able to witness the greatest era of figure skating led by the greatest figure skater of all time. I’m so glad that he didn’t retire and we can still see so much greatness from him. And how many fans can even say that their favorite skater is retired but not really because he plans to up his game more as a pro athlete. Or how many can say I only discovered him from Beijing but I’m so happy I get to watch him this time from the beginning.

He could have retired right after PC and fans from the last quad and Beijing wouldn’t even have found out about him. But here he is, giving a whole new meaning to retirement, still as competitive as hell, still bursting with ideas for his next move and still asking us to support him. He made this move so that they could not have power over him anymore and I think we should do the same. Being angry and sad, those are all valid feelings but I’m ready let all those go so I can be more excited for the future. 

43 minutes ago, Anni said:

Yuzu's skates are also on display

Seeing how these skating boots are Ice Fly, made me think about his skating boots. We know that he switched to Pianos right after his injury in spring-summer 2016. In the recent interview he said how his current boots are 3 years old and the pair before that lasted 2 and half years. Could it be that since summer 2016 he has had only two pairs of skating boots?

16 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Mon père, mon père et mes oncles venaient à tous nos spectacles de ballet et de théâtre s'ils le pouvaient et mon père organisait toutes nos sorties théâtrales, incl. la fois où nous avons vu Noureev. Je pense qu'ils auraient reconnu le génie de Yuzu, ma mère et ma grand-mère l'auraient adoré. Les grands admiraient Curry et les parents comme Cousins et T&D

:agree:  for Mr Nurev (who was the director of the Paris Opera) and it's not "I think", because I'm sure that if Nurev would have met Yuzu and seen him skating he would have said YES c he's a GENIE like he was himself 

2 hours ago, Goatedforever said:

I have been lurking here for the longest time and joined because I wanted to share my thoughts on Yuzu’s career now that he is switching to Pro. What a rollercoaster of emotions the past week has been. I’ve been swamped with work and couldn’t properly process what I’m feeling but yesterday I had a good cry after watching all the interviews and broadcasts. 

Feel free to skip. 

Hide contents

At my practice rink, older FS fans have always been talking about ISU “retiring” a skater and how it has always been a common practice. Yuzu was fighting against several decades of corruption probably before he was even born. Along with asthma, injuries, illnesses, accidents, having the wrong passport and not being supported by his fed, he managed to succeed and rise above all that. That’s a great feat to celebrate and 12 years of senior career, he really went beyond the expected competitivr years of a skater with so many memorable GOAT moments.

I’ve been so heartbroken by all that he has revealed so far. I was thinking of posting a lot so I could join the salt mines and vent there but I realized that I didn’t want to wallow in anger and sadness. I didn’t want to invalidate his suffering but I wanted to view it differently. They dampened his spirit but he regained his flame letting us know of his determination to keep pushing as a pro skater. They took away his joy of competing but he decided to take it back by leaving and competing with himself. They made him feel so insignificant and small but on the contrary, he left a huge legacy and has millions of fans supporting him and waiting for his next move. He didn’t lose anything, they lost him. For a sport that’s so elegant and beautiful, the people behind it are so gross and disgusting with their convoluted and dirty corruption. Before they could break him, he broke free from them and I have never been happier for Yuzu.

The things he said are hard to swallow but I appreciate his honesty in sharing these words. Because of that, I understand his decision more and I don’t want to be stuck in the past thinking of the injustices and what ifs because there is so much to look forward to. I initially felt sorry for Yuzu but now I just admire him more because not everyone can walk away from toxic environments. 

Tsuzuki sensei said “Has there ever been a skater who has been more rewarded?” These words had an impact on Yuzu and he holds it close to his heart. It has also made me realize that I am a fan of Yuzu who has been so rewarded. I’m so blessed that I was able to witness the greatest era of figure skating led by the greatest figure skater of all time. I’m so glad that he didn’t retire and we can still see so much greatness from him. And how many fans can even say that their favorite skater is retired but not really because he plans to up his game more as a pro athlete. Or how many can say I only discovered him from Beijing but I’m so happy I get to watch him this time from the beginning.

He could have retired right after PC and fans from the last quad and Beijing wouldn’t even have found out about him. But here he is, giving a whole new meaning to retirement, still as competitive as hell, still bursting with ideas for his next move and still asking us to support him. He made this move so that they could not have power over him anymore and I think we should do the same. Being angry and sad, those are all valid feelings but I’m ready let all those go so I can be more excited for the future. 

Welcome, and beautifully said!

10 hours ago, Newprogramsplease said:

Please post move this post to team korea. It is inappropriate on a Yuzuru chat thread 

Yes I understand your request and the post has now been moved to retired skaters thread that I didn't know existed....it's such big news imo that I know many satellites would want to know as many of us admire Yuna a lot.  But next time I have news of a retired skater, I know where to go thank you @sallycinnamon :) 

(a spoiler was a good idea too @Xiupia why didn't I think of that??! :banginghead:)

3 hours ago, Goatedforever said:

Feel free to skip. 

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you for giving some positive sentiments to the Planet

Has this been shared here before? Sorry if this is doubled! 

(I think i have read the content before but it is uploaded rather recently....maybe from snippets.)

Tsukiyomi-san also attached the link to the video of interview.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
3 hours ago, Goatedforever said:

Je me cache ici depuis très longtemps et je me suis joint parce que je voulais partager mes réflexions sur la carrière de Yuzu maintenant qu'il passe à Pro. Quelle montagne russe d'émotions la semaine dernière a été. J'ai été submergé de travail et je ne pouvais pas traiter correctement ce que je ressens, mais hier, j'ai pleuré après avoir regardé toutes les interviews et émissions. 

N'hésitez pas à sauter. 

Hide contents

À ma patinoire d'entraînement, les fans plus âgés de FS ont toujours parlé de la «retraite» d'un patineur par l'ISU et du fait que cela a toujours été une pratique courante. Yuzu luttait contre plusieurs décennies de corruption probablement avant même sa naissance. En plus de l'asthme, des blessures, des maladies, des accidents, d'avoir le mauvais passeport et de ne pas être pris en charge par son alimentation, il a réussi à réussir et à s'élever au-dessus de tout cela. C'est un grand exploit à célébrer et 12 ans de carrière senior, il est vraiment allé au-delà des années de compétition attendues d'un patineur avec tant de moments GOAT mémorables.

J'ai été tellement navré par tout ce qu'il a révélé jusqu'à présent. Je pensais poster beaucoup pour pouvoir rejoindre les mines de sel et m'y défouler mais j'ai réalisé que je ne voulais pas me vautrer dans la colère et la tristesse. Je ne voulais pas invalider sa souffrance mais je voulais la voir autrement. Ils ont refroidi son esprit mais il a retrouvé sa flamme en nous faisant part de sa détermination à continuer à pousser en tant que patineur professionnel. Ils lui ont enlevé sa joie de concourir mais il a décidé de la reprendre en partant et en rivalisant avec lui-même. Ils l'ont fait se sentir si insignifiant et petit mais au contraire, il a laissé un énorme héritage et a des millions de fans qui le soutiennent et attendent son prochain mouvement. Il n'a rien perdu, ils l'ont perdu. Pour un sport aussi élégant et beau, les gens derrière sont si grossiers et dégoûtants avec leur corruption alambiquée et sale.

Les choses qu'il a dites sont difficiles à avaler, mais j'apprécie son honnêteté dans le partage de ces mots. À cause de cela, je comprends mieux sa décision et je ne veux pas être coincé dans le passé en pensant aux injustices et aux hypothèses, car il y a tellement de choses à attendre. Au départ, je me suis senti désolé pour Yuzu, mais maintenant je l'admire davantage car tout le monde ne peut pas s'éloigner des environnements toxiques. 

Tsuzuki sensei a dit "Y a-t-il déjà eu un patineur qui a été plus récompensé?" Ces mots ont eu un impact sur Yuzu et il les tient à cœur. Cela m'a aussi fait réaliser que je suis un fan de Yuzu qui a été tellement récompensé. J'ai tellement de chance d'avoir pu assister à la plus grande ère du patinage artistique dirigée par le plus grand patineur artistique de tous les temps. Je suis tellement content qu'il n'ait pas pris sa retraite et nous pouvons encore voir tant de grandeur de sa part. Et combien de fans peuvent même dire que leur skateur préféré est à la retraite, mais pas vraiment parce qu'il prévoit d'améliorer son jeu en tant qu'athlète professionnel. Ou combien peuvent dire que je ne l'ai découvert qu'à partir de Pékin, mais je suis si heureux de pouvoir le regarder cette fois depuis le début.

Il aurait pu prendre sa retraite juste après PC et les fans du dernier quad et Pékin ne l'aurait même pas découvert. Mais le voilà, donnant un tout nouveau sens à la retraite, toujours aussi compétitif en diable, toujours plein d'idées pour son prochain déménagement et nous demandant toujours de le soutenir. Il a fait ce geste pour qu'ils ne puissent plus avoir de pouvoir sur lui et je pense que nous devrions faire de même. Être en colère et triste, ce sont tous des sentiments valables, mais je suis prêt à les laisser partir pour être plus excité pour l'avenir. 

:thanks:  for your writing which is WOOOOOO and of which I would be unable to write such a one  :2thumbsup: : YES Yuzu had an outstanding competition career  :nod2:  with "thorns" and no r *** for him (and does not like this lot) , he continues on another path where he can revive and offer us HIS skate and we will ALL be admiring :girlsigh: and I'm sure of it and he had to do these interviews etc.... and who made you cry and Yuzu says that he has no regrets about not being in competition anymore and explains why and we must not be sorry for what he told us (and sometimes as we say "behind the curtain", not everything is rosy ....) and I wrote it quite badly: it HAD to be all of this comes out and he expresses himself and when you are in toxicity, you have to leave it and you find the courage because, alas, he would have had his mental and physical body destroyed little by little (and despite the fact that he be an athlete), because when you are prey (sorry for that word, but it's the truth  :S ) the unhealthy and voluntary goal is destruction and with a smile on top of  that:yucky: and that's why he will have my FULL support for his next joyful life :wink_star:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MMJnizlGn0  :heartpound:  

15 hours ago, shina07 said:
I used to roll my eyes at Chiddy with his foot and mouth disease but I have to admit that he was a driving force in Yuzu’s early stages of his senior career. Saying how Patrick’s presence was big and how it felt like losing a goal when Patrick retired, Yuzu relentlessly chased after him and greatly improved from their rivalry. It’s so nice that Yuzu was able to approach him just before Chiddy retired and now they can both look back on their competitive career like this. One of the greatest rivalries ever. Real Estate and fatherhood changed Chiddy 😂 

Since it is about Patrick Chan..... does anyone remember when Hanyu said about Chan, "Patrick is like sun, because he is here, I can see my mistakes/parts I have to fix"? It was in presscon after FP, i think? 

_____

6 hours ago, Melodie said:

It seems the fans and the media are equally clueless about Yuzu's Team Sirius so they went to the wrong Team Sirius for inquiries.

If you go to this website, you won't find the right Team Sirius and they explicitly said so here 😂

https://teamsirius.jp/ 

Via Google Translate: I'm very sorry, but Team Sirius JAPAN is not a management company for Yuzuru Hanyu. We have received many inquiries by mistake from our fans and the media. Thank you for your cooperation. 

Huh, does it mean what we know about Team Sirius (a lawyer, experts in international cases (?)) is false? So for now we have zero information about this team?

15 minutes ago, Fita said:

Since it is about Patrick Chan..... does anyone remember when Hanyu said about Chan, "Patrick is like sun, because he is here, I can see my mistakes/parts I have to fix"? It was in presscon after FP, i think? 

_____

Huh, does it mean what we know about Team Sirius (a lawyer, experts in international cases (?)) is false? So for now we have zero information about this team?

I think it's just another Team Sirius... maybe under a different website name, like something related to gyoza or earphone  :knc_yuzu2:

17 minutes ago, Fita said:

_____

:laughing: it's a different entity

Here is link to NHK broadcast of Yuzuru's presscon from the 19th with simultaneous English interpreter.  I'll try find the media thread to put it in too....if I can find it as I am not too good at finding things here (or anywhere!!) - it would not embed.

https://youtu.be/PfMnKtUR--w

Edit yay I found the thread, lets celebrate!! :cheer:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].