General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, shina07 said:

Someone asked Lae if they’re going to translate other snippets of news like the one where Nobu cried and talked about Yuzu and she said probably not since there are so many things to translate already, not to mention there’s another one coming out tonight. I read that they already reached 42 pages of transcript just for the presscon alone 🥺 hope someone could help translate other things and please if you can, give some Kofi to the hardworking translators in our community

Adding, the axelwithwings team have a plan (no promises) to translate the specials coming today and tomorrow. Is A LOT of work, so much footage, Yuzu is naturally wordy, and they are all kinda long… 

So reiterating, if you can donate please do so! 

1 hour ago, meowmeownyan said:

we should revive it! I've been reading it to give myself motivation to learn Japanese eheheh

1 hour ago, Hanmgse said:

yes! I remember we used to have an active learning japanese thread here if I'm remembering correctly. Maybe we could revive it :cheer:. I've been trying to learn the language since forever but I find it too hard :dpooh:

1 hour ago, shina07 said:

It’s really easy to grasp KaNa but Kanji is making my head hurt lol. I thrive on a classroom setup so enrolling in classes again might help but I like the idea of reviving the Japanese thread. It also makes me sad that some interviews are left untranslated but I can’t blame the translators for that since they already have their hands full. 

You'll be most welcome there UwU. If there's enough interest i can try and give you guys the basics? I've been studying for N3 now so it'll help me to refresh some things uwu

26 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

You'll be most welcome there UwU. If there's enough interest i can try and give you guys the basics? I've been studying for N3 now so it'll help me to refresh some things uwu

Omg I’d love that and I will visit the thread after all the Yuzu flood we’re getting. Good time to learn something new while waiting for our pro athlete. I’m just trying to find time in between my work and life but I’d love to take up classes again. 

2 hours ago, shina07 said:

Someone asked Lae if they’re going to translate other snippets of news like the one where Nobu cried and talked about Yuzu and she said probably not since there are so many things to translate already, not to mention there’s another one coming out tonight. I read that they already reached 42 pages of transcript just for the presscon alone 🥺 hope someone could help translate other things and please if you can, give some Kofi to the hardworking translators in our community

I have been thinking that we should start requesting to Japanese TV stations to provide subbed interviews. At least the press conference and the key interviews like the one with Shuzo (after all some of us access Asahi TV through Japan TV and similar services... so we are clients?). Not to be pushy, but this is such a huge announcement and we get 10% of what is going around and only thank to fans that translate the info... and we know that grasping the right meaning to convey the message can be super tricky. Perhaps we can post a request under some key media on Twitter? E.g. Asahi TV, NHK. If they see enough request in English perhaps we get something?

2 hours ago, Xiupia said:

Hiding the retirement is like having an affair huh Yuzu? LLOLL First hand experience? 
:grin:

Yeah, he cheated on old man Pooh-san with someone younger and fluffier after all those years he spent by his side :sadPooh:

Spoiler

I mean, l don't blame him. Who could resist the cuteness of yuzupooh :YuzuPoohLove:

33 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

Yeah, he cheated on old man Pooh-san with someone younger and fluffier after all those years he spent by his side :sadPooh:

Hide contents

I mean, l don't blame him. Who could resist the cuteness of yuzupooh :YuzuPoohLove:

idk why i'm laughing because of this 🤣

3 hours ago, Xiupia said:

Edit: DID THEY SAY PATRICK CHAN HAD A MESSAGE FOR YUZU??

OMG 

:panic:

edit2: So sorry for all satellites, but I cannot believe they GOT A MESSAGE FROM PCHIDDY OMG

The most complete rival arc from Yuzu’s career, the one he chased after so relentlessly, the nostalgia kicked me like a horse here. 

Dare I say, the rival that pushed Yuzuru to improve the most!

I'm curious about what he has to say. Weird enough, since after PC18 Patrick has been so on point (while before then I often had to grit my teeth and eye roll a bit). Even more so after Beijing (a lot better than a certain dude who supposedly knew Yuzuru better and has been repeatedly disappointing).  I also appreciate that, with his new career outside of fs, Patrick doesn't have a reason to do some fake pr in Jpn (tho judging from the past he never was much into curbing others' favor LOL)

Or maybe it isn't weird at all, because just like ISU wanted to give Yuzu the boot, they did to Patrick in his last few competitive seasons too. He was also always critical of turning fs in a mere quads drill. His skating philosophy wasn't as all-encompassing, clearly thought-out and eloquently worded as Yuzuru's, but they did have some common points (talking in past tense cuz Patrick left skating, not because Zu turned pro)

On 7/21/2022 at 9:29 PM, Yuzurella said:

That was the final proof that he is the one whom the people love. His skating is what people admire. It's not about medals and scores. It's about him and his skating. He and his skating are more valuable and precious than any medals could be. And therefore, I'm certain that Yuzu will soar and thrive in ways not even imaginable. He will keep on showing us beautiful skating, his skating, for many years to come. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Very nice words, thank you Yuzurella :YuzuPoohLove:

On 7/22/2022 at 9:33 AM, Wintek said:

for those on Twitter, and if you feel like it, I would really appreciate if you can help me spread these translations as there are many fans that are missing relevant information to understand Yuzu's motivation, the physical and emotional struggles, his huge commitment to fans, his intentions and plans, and what he expect from us. iIunderstand the anxiety for not knowing when we will see him on the ice again, but we will need to be patients. He has something in the making but knowing how speculations work, he won't tell us until the details are clearer. For now, let's deal with the wave of emotions, lets accept our longing, but let's also embrace hope. It's Yuzu, king of setting up goals and realizing them who is asking us to stay with him and being excited about this new stage. He wants to show us what he can do now and how much he can improve!

https://twitter.com/pep_on_/status/1550143449558499328?s=20&t=9RgZxDRWm74NWRDXO4bN4w

Thank you for this thread, it's very helpful. :thanks:To be honest, I almost lost track of the many interviews. :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, EisElle said:

Dare I say, the rival that pushed Yuzuru to improve the most!

I'm curious about what he has to say. Weird enough, since after PC18 Patrick has been so on point (while before then I often had to grit my teeth and eye roll a bit). Even more so after Beijing (a lot better than a certain dude who supposedly knew Yuzuru better and has been repeatedly disappointing).  I also appreciate that, with his new career outside of fs, Patrick doesn't have a reason to do some fake pr in Jpn (tho judging from the past he never was much into curbing others' favor LOL)

Or maybe it isn't weird at all, because just like ISU wanted to give Yuzu the boot, they did to Patrick in his last few competitive seasons too. He was also always critical of turning fs in a mere quads drill. His skating philosophy wasn't as all-encompassing, clearly thought-out and eloquently worded as Yuzuru's, but they did have some common points (talking in past tense cuz Patrick left skating, not because Zu turned pro)

I’m also interested to hear what Patrick has to say and it brought in instant nostalgia. Yuzu’s “You just wait, I will be the one standing there” to Chiddy who won gold in SC 2015 and Chiddy looking so pissed in Sochi K&C 😂 Like the guy always had the tendency to put his foot in his mouth lmao but I kinda have a soft spot for Chiddy once he mellowed down. And I agree he pushed Yuzu to improve and was also a victim of ISU pushing him to retire. 

2 minutes ago, Anni said:

Very nice words, thank you Yuzurella :YuzuPoohLove:

Thank you for this thread, it's very helpful. :thanks:To be honest, I almost lost track of the many interviews. :facepalm:

My pleasure! :kitty:There is so much info coming out in little pieces and at times when we are not necessarily watching... it gets very confusing.

I have kept adding new interviews to the thread (like the one from News 'Zero'). BTW, I started my 'campaign' of asking Japanese Media to share some of the interviews and the press conference with English Subtitles. I ended up posting a request under a post from Asahi TV with images of the Special Program with Yuzu. You can give it a like or add your own requests. Let me dream that we can get something :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5: