General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

I'm so sorry if it's been said elsewhere but when are we going to know which GP event Yuzu is assigned to?

And is it wise to even wait for his confirmation to buy tickets to a specific event?

Apologies, haven't been to a GP event for almost 15 years, I'm a bit out of it.

No words on the GP assignments yet because instead of spending time to work out a solution for the missing 6th location, the ISU was busy partying and turning themselves into super spreaders 🤪

That aside, as everyone pointed out (well actually Hershy), we should know by mid-July where the mysterious 6th GP event would be held and perhaps also by then where skaters would be assigned to. 

https://www.nagoyatv.com/news/?id=013745

My JPN sucks big time (Google Translate therefore is my trusted friend), but someone else choreo'ed Real Face for Yuzu (not Jeff)? 👀

Also, off-topic but I miss Yuzu so whatever. I thought the costumes for the men in the opening for FaOI B-tour this year look familiar. I do think the designer borrowed a bit of the fabric for the costumes from way back 😂

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
19 minutes ago, Melodie said:

No words on the GP assignments yet because instead of spending time to work out a solution for the missing 6th location, the ISU was busy partying and turning themselves into super spreaders 🤪

That aside, as everyone pointed out (well actually Hershy), we should know by mid-July where the mysterious 6th GP event would be held and perhaps also by then where skaters would be assigned to. 

I saw that Russian news reported that Helsinki was hosting one of the GP events. Are they replacing CoC? And so now ISU is working on who will replace Rostelecom?

If Helsinki is hosting, is it at the same arena as 2018?

I hope they announce assignments soon so I can request time off from work before the management team announces a bunch of project deadlines on those dates. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

17 minutes ago, IceWings said:

I saw that Russian news reported that Helsinki was hosting one of the GP events. Are they replacing CoC? And so now ISU is working on who will replace Rostelecom?

If Helsinki is hosting, is it at the same arena as 2018?

I hope they announce assignments soon so I can request time off from work before the management team announces a bunch of project deadlines on those dates. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I think Finland is replacing Rostelecom. CoC  replacement is still TBA.

13 minutes ago, IceWings said:

That makes sense. I saw the "mysterious 6th GP event", so I counted Skate America as GP #1, so GP #6 would be Rostelecom. :)

What I meant is the location to replace CoC. 

GP Finland will indeed replace CoR. I dunno the order of these events, except that SkAM will be the first one, that is why I just say the 6th one. At this point, only 5 are certain. 

2 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

Does anyone know which date the skating portion of this clip is from?

It looks like Nagoya Day 3. I remember Yuzu doing that movement with the jacket and me thinking "I know what you are doing, we had a fandom meltdown when we read the accounts about you showing your shoulders yesterday and now your teasing us".

2 hours ago, Melodie said:

https://www.nagoyatv.com/news/?id=013745

My JPN sucks big time (Google Translate therefore is my trusted friend), but someone else choreo'ed Real Face for Yuzu (not Jeff)? 👀

Also, off-topic but I miss Yuzu so whatever. I thought the costumes for the men in the opening for FaOI B-tour this year look familiar. I do think the designer borrowed a bit of the fabric for the costumes from way back 😂

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

My educated guess is that it was Jeff who choreographed. After all Jeff was invited to choreograph this year's FaOI because David Wilson got COVID. And I think that I saw Jeff for a few seconds watching from the side of the rink while Yuzu was practising Real Face. But the choreography could be something similar to what Yuzu did with David Wilson: get a basic structure and then add and adapt. In an interview with the Kiss & Cry Magazine that was just published, Jeff talks about Yuzu as a collaborator.

25 minutes ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

I thought Yuzu choreographed RF, but if not Yuzu, who did?

My educated guess is that it was Jeff Buttle. He was the choreographer for this year's FaOI, in replacement of David Wilson that got COVID. But, it's very likely that the choreography was created in close collaboration with Yuzu (with him adding and adapting as he tried the choreo). Jeff mentioned in a recent interview for the KIss & Cry Managzine, that Yuzu collaborates to create the choreos. And Yuzu mentioned in another interview that he came up with ~70% of Raison chore, that David Wilson has given the basic structure.

11 minutes ago, Wintek said:

My educated guess is that it was Jeff Buttle. 

I have posted the latest Jeffrey Buttle interview just a few hours ago. They spoke in detail about his work for this year‘s FaOI and about his work with Yuzu, but they didn‘t mention Real Face at all. I don‘t see any indication that Jeff was the choreographer for Real Face.

And please, in which Quadruple Axel magazine was a Jeff interview? I must have missed it. 

12 minutes ago, birnasan said:

I have posted the latest Jeffrey Buttle interview just a few hours ago. They spoke in detail about his work for this year‘s FaOI and about his work with Yuzu, but they didn‘t mention Real Face at all. I don‘t see any indication that Jeff was the choreographer for Real Face.

And please, in which Quadruple Axel magazine was a Jeff interview? I must have missed it. 

I edited my post. My memory is played games (sorry, long COVID is not my friend), I was referring to your translation of K&C. I know Jeff doesn't mention RF choreography, and that's why I say "educated guess". BUT, I did see a very blurry Jeff attentively following RF practice during the Nagoya TV live coverage of the practice (04:07- 04:37):

41 minutes ago, birnasan said:

Yup! This is why I don't think Jeff did the choreo for Real Face. Oh well, one day we will know for certain 😌