General Yuzuru Chat

@Yuzuwinnie here is the full transcript from this brief clip - in English - you may have a better translator:

"Speed and power are impressive, but how do they achieve it? Do they achieve it by poor technique? By running? Taking many, many runs, many crossovers? Those who can produce power & speed magically, with little effort, and quietly, are those that should be rewarded the most. We have all seen some extraordinary skaters who can achieve speed & acceleration with just 2 or 3 strokes. They have mastered the perfect part of balance over the blade” 

20 minutes ago, TokyoDream said:

Bonjour à tous! Je peux le traduire en français pour vous mais pas avant de rentrer du travail j'ai peur (quelques heures).

:thankssign:  beaucoup pour ce geste envers moi et prend ton temps et même demain ( tu fais juste un résumé )  , j'attendrais et encore :sorry: de déranger pour cela .......  

I found on youtube a tribute for this dear Kikuchi san who we miss and, on the other hand, I read "grandfather Akira" and "not a sport for women" (finally what I understood????) but all these are words of Kikuchi san? : I find it odd.... 

50 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

:thankssign:  beaucoup pour ce geste envers moi et prend ton temps et même demain ( tu fais juste un résumé )  , j'attendrais et encore :sorry: de déranger pour cela .......  

I found on youtube a tribute for this dear Kikuchi san who we miss and, on the other hand, I read "grandfather Akira" and "not a sport for women" (finally what I understood????) but all these are words of Kikuchi san? : I find it odd.... 

I wonder if this is a mistranslation, I think it would make more sense for him to say "Figure skating is a girls'/women's sport" in this context (so either a chauvinistic or a homophobic/misogynist comment...)

16 minutes ago, YuDai said:

I wonder if this is a mistranslation, I think it would make more sense for him to say "Figure skating is a girls'/women's sport" in this context (so either a chauvinistic or a homophobic/misogynist comment...)

I speak Mandarin. The person in the video was saying that when Kikuchi first met Yuzu 15 years ago and Yuzu's father introduced Yuzu to him and telling him that Yuzu was learning figure skating, Kikuchi was wondering 'isn't figure skating a women's sport'? 

Perhaps Kikuchi-san's reaction was due to the fact that figure skating at that time was famous for women, male figure skating was hardly before Yuzu. It is explained very well in the mini documentary about the popularity of Yuzu  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kALt0Z4Uto

3 hours ago, Sun_Rise said:

"Those who can produce power & speed magically, with little effort, and quietly, are those that should be rewarded the most. We have all seen some extraordinary skaters who can achieve speed & accelleration with just 2 or 3 strokes.” 

Oh yes, we have!

2 hours ago, Sun_Rise said:

@Yuzuwinnie here is the full transcript from this brief clip - in English - you may have a better translator:

"Speed and power are impressive, but how do they achieve it? Do they achieve it by poor technique? By running? Taking many, many runs, many crossovers? Those who can produce power & speed magically, with little effort, and quietly, are those that should be rewarded the most. We have all seen some extraordinary skaters who can achieve speed & acceleration with just 2 or 3 strokes. They have mastered the perfect part of balance over the blade” 

Honestly, I don't know how to take this... From what I've seen, Jenny Mast is an ISU judge (although not singles, I think) and what she says is very clear, but then it doesn't seem like the jugdes take that into account, right? Even me with poor thecnic knowladge can see it...

I know this is not the place to vent, so to make up for it, here you have a new video from MaxRo :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

This interview excerpt from year 2013 made me feel many conflicting feelings and think about various things that I don't have enough vocabulary to describe. Maybe the biggest feeling is gratefulness to have been able to witness his journey to this point.

1 hour ago, Anabel said:

Maybe Kikuchi-san's reaction was due to the fact that figure skating at that time was famous for women, male figure skating was barely so before Yuzu. It's very well explained in the mini documentary on the popularity of Yuzu   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kALt0Z4Uto

Honestly, I don't know how to take this... From what I've seen, Jenny Mast is an ISU judge (although she's not single I think) and what she says is very clear, but that doesn't seem like the judges take that into account, does it? Even I, with poor technical knowledge, can see it...

I know this is not the place to let off steam, so to compensate here is a new video from MaxRo :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw :

:wave: Annabel and good evening: I know the youtube link that shows that Yuzu was well known at the 2014 Olympic Games and the start of the "pooh rain" and for your other link, yes Yuzu is much superior  :heartpound: and here is where we talk about his elegance / ceremonial kimono he wore in 2018 when receiving his National Honor Award:  https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/177470323107/the-award-japan-and-yuzu-to-your-surprise   and his invitation to an end-of-year show? 

https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/155283179877/yuzusorbet-next-a-group-that-our-guest-judge   and even scared darth vader  :xD: made the SEIMEI sign and here the Dailymotion excerpts from the show: 

1 hour ago, YuDai said:

How nice! :heartpound: Thank you for sharing! :thanks: I had missed Yuzu's training sessions so much, had been looking forward to watching him in Montpellier but ... sigh. Now that Senior and Junior Worlds are over, some questions have come to my mind. Sorry in case they have already been addressed in other threads.

I read in the Worlds thread that I was not the only one who heard the German commentator say we might see a 4A by Vincent. The German Eurosport commentators had said the same. They assumed this would make Yuzu angry because the world would remember the skater who LANDED it. My first thought was a typo, too, but then the co-commentator explained that ISU made such announcements based on what the skaters had already practiced (!) in order to scare the other skaters a bit. Did I understand this correctly? I had never heard of this before. On the other hand, 4 フリツプ had been announced on the screen for Yuzu's free skate at JNats but if I remember correctly he didn't do 4F. Is this common? To hand in the highest possible layout?

Now that Ilia has won Junior Worlds I wonder if the plan had been to push him to become Senior and Junior WC in one year so he would be the first and have accomplished something Yuzu has NOT. I wasn't aware that this was possible at all - starting at both competitions. Has this ever happened before?

Being toxically optimistic I already look at the new GP series. Now that Yuzu hasn't competed in the last GP series, didn't medal in Beijing :weeping: and skipped Worlds, all due to his injury :gaah:, would he be able to chose? I mean: He is the reigning Japanese Champion! (Sometimes it seems to me people tend to forget this.) Is he allowed to compete in the same GP as Shoma, Yuma or Nathan (if Nathan keeps competing)? I could imagine Shoma might chose IDF but maybe Yuma and Nathan might stick to America and Asia. Could this mean we might see Yuzu in Europe? :animated-smileys-hello-22: And speaking of Europe, I just checked: ISU calendar of events (still) has a GP in Russia. Do you think this one might be hosted by another country instead? 

(Sorry, I haven't considered any scenario where Yuzu doesn't keep competing ...) :smiley-scared003:

54 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

We can never have too many photos of Yuzu in tight Under Armor.:sigh:

Also seen that he has been wearing this UM brand for "X" years and I guess it is a sponsor and must be custom made  :coolio: and there is even a mark on the collar of the t-shirt : "Yuzuru H"... . 

25 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

The Exhibition was kind enough to give us a sneak peek of what is being presented!

I recommend checking the whole thread, gorgeous~ 

I wish I was there! I hope we can get more pictures later on :')

It all looks amazing, and the merch looks so cute :8232307: