General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Kat said:

Maybe invite Ghislain to Japan, I dont think he needs Brian or Tracy too much beyond a skype or two. Brian even stated at Yuzu's level he knows what is needed. But Ghislain could pop over lol

2 hours ago, barbara said:

And this demonstrates perfectly why I hope (though knowing it's unrealistic) that Yuzu goes back to Ghislain and TCC to truly perfect his 4A and be able to retire (not soon, please) satisfied. 

hello im new here. and may i know why he isnt going back to the tcc? and why didnt brian orser sit with him at the kiss and cry or anything this year in beijing.

9 minutes ago, lilyfanyu said:

hello im new here. and may i know why he isnt going back to the tcc? and why didnt brian orser sit with him at the kiss and cry or anything this year in beijing.

Yuzuru was self coaching this year and requested Brian not to sit with him (due to Covid and just preference I heard). I dont believe there is any animosity, but with the Covid shut down, quarantines, and boarder closures, Yuzuru went back to Japan. He fell into his own routine on his own and seems content with it.

I’m in the camp of ‘Yuzuru doesn’t need to go back to TCC’. I just realise, we discuss this in the vent thread and not here.

Yuzuru does not need to go back to TCC, he doesn’t need them anymore.
Especially not with the latest revelation re TCC main coaches, what on earth??!!

On 2/23/2022 at 6:43 PM, Yuzurella said:

Here are some of my thoughts after reading Yuzu's interview. Regarding scoring, I'm sure Yuzu has known for years that he doesn't get the points he rightfully deserves according to the rules and that the system is against him. Nevertheless, he decided to carry on and keep competing despite the unfair scoring. But he changed his focus to his own goals, especially landing a 4A. Even when the pandemic started and he ended up without coaches, he still kept on chasing his own goals and delivering programs and performances that are simply a class of their own.

I think the time when he practiced all by himself in an empty rink was a very lonely and tough time for Yuzu. No matter how capable and self-sufficient you are, it's still important to have some kind of external input, a fresh point of view, and some companionship from time to time. I believe that the time period from Japanese Nationals to the Olympics was especially hard because Yuzu had committed to competing in another Olympics. And as he said himself, he committed himself to winning another gold medal with the help of the 4A as his weapon. I can imagine that the pressure from the outside world as well as from himself must've been enormous, crushing even. That's probably why he looked so tense and stressed when he arrived in Beijing.

We all know what happened then. Considering my own sorrow at the sheer unfairness of all this - with bad luck piled on top of injustice - I can't imagine the utter anguish, pain, and suffering Yuzu must've felt at the time. But being the unbelievably courageous person he is, he fought back and wrote sports history despite all odds against him by almost landing a 4A. And then he went back to the practice rink just a few days later to rediscover his love and joy for figure skating. That was the first time he looked happy and at ease since arriving in Beijing.

Yuzu said in the interview that being rewarded isn't everything in life and that he's still happy in the unrewarded present. He also said that he was happy to perform for other people. This might very well be the key moment in Yuzu's career in which he realized that his love for skating and performing is greater and more important than his desire to win competitions, more important than medals and titles.

Yuzu has always been extremely ambitious with a fierce desire to win. And he did achieve incredibly accomplishments and became a legend of figure skating. With fair scoring, he should've won even more competitions and hold more titles, but the corruption of the system is unfortunately the way it is. Yuzu can't change anything about it and neither can we. But what he can do is to skate and perform to his heart's content and show his incomparable skating to the world.

As I've already said before, what happened at these Olympics has shown that Yuzu is as loved and supported as always, in fact even more so. Despite not winning a medal, he has won many more fans and admirers and it has become clearer than ever that his fans don't love him because of his achievements and medals, but because of who he is, the way he skates and performs, and the way he makes us feel. This might very well be what freed him from the pressure of winning.

Yuzu always wants to give us his all and show us everything he can do. He doesn't want to disappoint people. But I hope that the love and support he's received showed him that he will never disappoint us and we'll love him no matter what. Perhaps, now that he's gone through hell and survived again, now that he's survived being off the podium for the first time in many, many years, he can let go of the burden of always having to win and really just focus on his love for skating and performing. I believe he still has so much more to show. He's only been getting better and better the last couple of years and I think he hasn't reached his peak yet. And this kind of freedom might very well enable him to soar even higher and shine even brighter than ever.

Of course everything depends on Yuzu's health and his own preferences, but I believe he will continue for a few more seasons. I think there's a certain thrill to competitions and being able to perform for a huge crowd during a competition. This kind of atmosphere is probably very different during ice shows, not to mention the lack of Pooh rains. And Yuzu definitely deserves a couple more huge Pooh rains before he decides to bow out.

No matter what he decides to do in the future, I will always support him. In fact, no matter what he chooses to do, it will always be a success regardless of corruption, manipulation, and fake hype from the ISU and feds. If he competes, the competitions will be sold out and the audiences will always support him the most and cheer for him the loudest. If he decides to retire and only do ice shows from now on, they will be sold out everywhere and the crowds will flock to where he is. In this sense, Yuzu will always be the winner.

A wonderful summary! I can only agree and I notice that each new day that is dawning makes me think even more that Yuzu has done and achieved what nobody could have expected. He stays positive, makes presents to his fans by attending so many training sessions in Beijing AFTER the competitions, remains polite and nice - and wise, acknowledging that not being rewarded is something he can embrace now. We are so blessed to have someone like Yuzu to support - how can anybody not support him! :tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:

hace 37 minutos , yuzupon said:

I’m in the camp of ‘Yuzuru doesn’t need to go back to TCC’. I just realise, we discuss this in the vent thread and not here.

Yuzuru does not need to go back to TCC, he doesn’t need them anymore.
Especially not with the latest revelation re TCC main coaches, what on earth??!!

May I ask what is this latest revelation?

And I agree: I think TCC belongs to the past (perhaps with the exception of Ghislain).

1 hour ago, lilyfanyu said:

Hi, welcome to the planet!! :welcome:

Hope you enjoy it here! :YuzuPoohLove:

I think Yuzu had not been to TCC nor trained with TCC coaches for many years (mostly due to covid at first, but now probably because he has his own goals and vision for his skating). It's possible he didn't want to give others the impression that his strategy for these Olympics (for example, pursuing the 4A above winning) was anyone's decision but his own. I think it's a pretty considerate thing for Yuzu to do, tbh, and doesn't imply at all that he had a falling out with Brian and Tracy. He wanted to take responsibility for his own skating for better or for worse. 

Nice supportive comment by Jeffrey Buttle (about the hole lol). Too bad that the rest of the article is behind a paywall

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/852151

DeepL translation: 

Spoiler

"It was a real shame that his edge got stuck in the hole. The position to enter the jump seemed to be perfect, though. Ice problems are accidents that can happen in every skater's competition life, and I've experienced it several times. Usually, I'm overwhelmed with regret, wishing I had done a little more, but Yuzu didn't let it get to him, he changed his mind and skated the rest of the race with no mistakes. This is not an easy thing to do!"

"As a coach and a choreographer, I always teach my students to switch immediately after a mistake. But in reality, as a competitor, it's not easy. I think he was able to do that because he has gained so much experience."

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
hace 8 minutos , Saawa said:

Nice supportive comment by Jeffrey Buttle (about the hole lol). Too bad that the rest of the article is behind a paywall

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/852151

DeepL translation: 

Reveal hidden contents

"It was a real shame that his edge got stuck in the hole. The position to enter the jump seemed to be perfect, though. Ice problems are accidents that can happen in every skater's competition life, and I've experienced it several times. Usually, I'm overwhelmed with regret, wishing I had done a little more, but Yuzu didn't let it get to him, he changed his mind and skated the rest of the race with no mistakes. This is not an easy thing to do!"

"As a coach and a choreographer, I always teach my students to switch immediately after a mistake. But in reality, as a competitor, it's not easy. I think he was able to do that because he has gained so much experience."

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

A thoughtful, emphatic and accurate approach to “the hole issue”.🙂

For TCC or no TCC: IMO working with Ghislain in place and maybe occasionally again in harness could still be helpful, but it's clear Yuzu could still reach out to get other people's opinions and got feedback on his training even as he practiced alone in Sendai, so I'm less concerned about that now.

Overall, Yuzu's elements and skating were all excellent whenever he showed up for comps despite the two years of solitary training, and it looked like he was managing himself rather well mentally too for the most part (despite how hard it must have truly been all those months we didn't get to see him). When he did big mistakes in comps, it was because of things that no coach training in TCC or coach by the boards could have avoided: catching a rut on the ice, asthma attack, injury... those are all things that could have happened even if Yuzu had been able to train in Toronto (and indeed they had happened too when he trained there)

Going back to TCC would mean having to share ice with others and in general more constraints (in the practices we saw, for example, he had at times to abort 4A attempts because of other skaters around). Yuzu knows himself better than any of us, hence, whatever arrangement he settles for will be the one he thinks best suits him. When travel restrictions were in place he had to make the best out of a bad situation, but if now he can have the chance to go back but doesn't, it means he thinks he can get what he needs for what he wants to achieve without uprooting himself to Canada again.

I just want him to do all his physiotherapy properly, contrary to what he had to do during the worst of covid in Japan:smiley-angelic001:

Ngl, TCC coaches&co silence during Beijing was a bit puzzling, but it might as well be that Yuzu himself didn't wish for public displays just like he preferred not to have coaches with him rinkside. After all, communication doesn'thappen only on social,* especially when it comes to Yuzuru

*(tho certainly some people linked to TCC could improve on how they use theirs)

And Jeff's interview sounds great:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Given recent events, that's not a given, so I'm thankful. I really love Jeff and his choreo and hope to see more collabs with Yuzu in the future because the two of then working together really are something special <3

Anyway, I'm glad Yuzu enjoyed all those gala practices in Beijing, and having fun and lighthearted moments with other skaters. He hadn't really been able to do that at JNats, and probably he was even more relaxed in Beijing practices&gala than back in DOI&SOI2021 (painkillers notwithstanding)

I wish him steady recover and rest for his ankle and also for him to be able to skate without pain AND without painkillers as soon as possible, because skating gives him so much joy and I want him to be able to experience that joy as much as he wants :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

51 minutes ago, Mor2904 said:

May I ask what is this latest revelation?

And I agree: I think TCC belongs to the past (perhaps with the exception of Ghislain).

Not sure I'd call it a revelation.

I think this is the summary, leaving out little details:

Javi commented on Yuzu's sp jump mistake , saying that the " there was a hole in the ice" explanation might have been an excuse, or something like that,  and many people got upset thinking he's showing his true colours and isn't a real friend, has been jealous,  how dare he say that on tv. etc. He got a lot of online flack. So, he posted an apology that many interpreted as insincere. Then Brian and Tracy basically hit like buttons on this apology. Then some people have taken that to mean that Brian/Tracy agree that Yuzu was using it as an excuse. Others think they were just supporting Javi for making an apology. And now it's seen as a whole betrayal by everyone at Tcc. I think that's it in a nutshell.

hace 18 minutos , liv said:

Not sure I'd call it a revelation.

I think this is the summary, leaving out little details:

Javi commented on Yuzu's sp jump mistake , saying that the " there was a hole in the ice" explanation might have been an excuse, or something like that,  and many people got upset thinking he's showing his true colours and isn't a real friend, has been jealous,  how dare he say that on tv. etc. He got a lot of online flack. So, he posted an apology that many interpreted as insincere. Then Brian and Tracy basically hit like buttons on this apology. Then some people have taken that to mean that Brian/Tracy agree that Yuzu was using it as an excuse. Others think they were just supporting Javi for making an apology. And now it's seen as a whole betrayal by everyone at Tcc. I think that's it in a nutshell.

Thanks a lot!

Of course I knew about the “problem” with Javi, I mean, I’m Spanish, so I didn’t need translation, and I must admit I was a bit surprised (although Javi has been sending contradictory messages about Yuzu for a long time). 
I saw Brian’s reply on Instagram, and I didn’t give it much thought (after all, Brian has the same foot-in-mouth syndrome than Javi). I did not see Tracy’s answer, though. I think they probably were just supporting Javi’s apology, but, anyway, I think Yuzu’s time at TCC has ended for good. 
I don’t think they are on bad terms at all, but things have changed a lot in these 2 years, and now TCC is the past. 

1 hour ago, Mor2904 said:

Thanks a lot!

Of course I knew about the “problem” with Javi, I mean, I’m Spanish, so I didn’t need translation, and I must admit I was a bit surprised (although Javi has been sending contradictory messages about Yuzu for a long time). 
I saw Brian’s reply on Instagram, and I didn’t give it much thought (after all, Brian has the same foot-in-mouth syndrome than Javi). I did not see Tracy’s answer, though. I think they probably were just supporting Javi’s apology, but, anyway, I think Yuzu’s time at TCC has ended for good. 
I don’t think they are on bad terms at all, but things have changed a lot in these 2 years, and now TCC is the past. 

In Beijing, Yuzu did say his coaching team at TCC was still supporting him well so I don't think TCC is the past. At the same time, I don't think he needs to go back to TCC when he has been doing well, despite training physically alone. Both Yuzu and his team have found a formula that works, so keeping this is probably for the best.