General Yuzuru Chat

Guest Mary_kyo

I think a lot of people who are disappointed aren’t even fanyus but mere casual locals who were fascinated by Yuzu/Javi interactions and sportsmanship story in 2018. Honestly, that was talked more than Javi’s actual performance and very milked by media and TCC. So sadly I was expecting few vile comments/attacks in his social media by other fandoms. I hope there aren’t too many.

15 minutes ago, Neenah said:

At this point it's starting to feel like you guys just want reasons to be upset and make everyone miserable. Is there really a reason for all the negativity that goes on for pages and pages here while nice things are just skipped over?

It is the same things repeated again and it only serves to bring us all down. I am really considering not coming here anymore to avoid this and I have been checking this thread and the planet daily since it was created. Please, let this remain our happy place  :please:

Here have a happy Yuzu to cleanse the place and lets move on to more happier discussion please

yuzuru-hanyu-of-team-japan-skates-with-m

I'm sorry to hear that and I send you a big hug :grouphug: 

Spoiler

I've been here as well since this place was created and I have very nice memories. I stopped checking so often around 2020 so when I came back this year I was very shocked to find so many mean comments about other skaters, I honestly don't remember this place being so negative before. I think discussing scoring and other stuff centered around the sport is very interesting and I'm all for that, but when "discussions" only become about completely denying other athletes efforts and just attributing everything they achieve to unfair scoring, what's really being discussed here?. Anyone is free to post what they please but I hope we can not derail into negativity too much.

7 minutes ago, Anni said:

Thanks to the translators 🙏

His laugh when he talked about the games :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:. He's really just a boy, huh? I hope he can rest and indulge himself now.

Aaa, I miss him already, but I'll just loop the three lifts and look at his scronchy Dwen Dwen smiles, and try to send Yuzu all the positive energy that I can gather.

45 minutes ago, Neenah said:

It is the same things repeated again and it only serves to bring us all down. I am really considering not coming here anymore to avoid this and I have been checking this thread and the planet daily since it was created. Please, let this remain our happy place  :please:

I agree let's try to celebrate the good things more can we? :please: and while discussing competitors is a natural part of the conversation, let's not turn it into bashing other skaters needlessly or focusing on them. Thank you @Hanmgse for the translation of Javi's words...while disappointing, they are ultimately his problem, not Yuzu's. It would be nice to not give more weight to his words by paying them any more attention. There are threads for other skaters in the Team Other Skaters section if you would like to chat about Yuma, Shoma, Nathan, Javi, etc... :thankssign:

6 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

"funds could be raised by CF & Furusato Nozei (hometown tax program)"

"further studies are required to assess the financial burden/impact of this project"

"t’s his wish to see Yuzu coaching promising skaters in Sendai in the future."

Errr, I don't think Zu will agree.

EDIT: Besides, the last thing FS in Japan needs is more public rinks. And it's not possible to coach properly threre anyway.

29 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

I think a lot of people who are disappointed aren’t even fanyus but mere casual locals who were fascinated by Yuzu/Javi interactions and sportsmanship story in 2018. Honestly, that was talked more than Javi’s actual performance and very milked by media and TCC. So sadly I was expecting few vile comments/attacks in his social media by other fandoms. I hope there aren’t too many.

Someone on Twitter mentioned that it blew up on Tik Tok too, so it could be Tik-Tokkers (I don't know if this is how you refer to them...) commenting on Javi's social. Does anyone have a Tik Tok account and can ask them not to do that?

36 minutes ago, Hanmgse said:

I'm sorry to hear that and I send you a big hug :grouphug: 

Hide contents

I've been here as well since this place was created and I have very nice memories. I stopped checking so often around 2020 so when I came back this year I was very shocked to find so many mean comments about other skaters, I honestly don't remember this place being so negative before. I think discussing scoring and other stuff centered around the sport is very interesting and I'm all for that, but when "discussions" only become about completely denying other athletes efforts and just attributing everything they achieve to unfair scoring, what's really being discussed here?. Anyone is free to post what they please but I hope we can not derail into negativity too much.

While I agree that sometimes it goes too far, I think that's the problem with unfair scoring and corruption to begin with. When you have unfair scoring you can't really draw a clear line between respecting other skaters' efforts and calling out unfairness; when the trust is broken people stop having confidence in the system (even if the results *might* be the same regardless). It becomes difficult to find a common ground for fans to talk respectfully about all skaters (and competition results, and skating in general...)

It's not an easy problem to solve if people have lost trust in the system, and I've seen it across figure skating fandoms. Even retired competitive skaters have joined in on losing faith in it all... I don't think it's possible to have a figure skating community that isn't at least a little negative at this pt, it's like we all hate each other and hate skating :/ 

That being said we should stop focusing on other skaters and try to shift the attention to Yuzu instead in the General Yuzuru Chat...

37 minutes ago, Anni said:

Message from Yuzu :67638860:

[NEWS]

Thank you Yuzu.:heart:

Stay healthy and happy.

I'm not really ready for the drought yet. :slinkaway:

Cannot help auto-waving back whenever he waved :wave:

Thanks for making the date 22022022 (in my time zone) even more special! 

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

"funds could be raised by CF & Furusato Nozei (hometown tax program)"

"further studies are required to assess the financial burden/impact of this project"

"t’s his wish to see Yuzu coaching promising skaters in Sendai in the future."

Errr, I don't think Zu will agree.

EDIT: Besides, the last thing FS in Japan needs is more public rinks. And it's not possible to coach properly threre anyway.

Didnt Yuzuru also once say he didnt want to coach? It's been a while, so I may be misremembering.