General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

For me, it's not that I genuinely thought they were best friends or anything. Both Javi and Brian have said that they don't really hang out or see each other outside of training and competition. But Yuzu has always been genuine. He may not have seen Javi as a close friend, but clearly, he treasured whatever sort of friendship they had. Yuzu cried for him, cheered for him, and even mentioned him in the Worlds 2019 pamphlet as one of the people who's supported him every day through his injury for goodness' sake. He said that Javi was one of the few people whose success genuinely made him happy. He cried because Javi finally got the medal he'd narrowly missed in Sochi, and then cried further when he said he was retiring. He invited him to Ciontu, when all the other guests were his choreographers or his idols whom he never really competed against. He even has Javi's signature on his old, potato yet treasured iPod! He has never said this or been this way with any other skater. So, they may not have been the closest of friends, since it truly is difficult to be friends with your direct competitors, but Yuzu may have at least thought that he had a true supporter in him, especially now that Javi's retired.

I'm not one to subscribe to the "skaters must be friends because they took a selfie together" delusion, but you can't tell me that all of the above was faked. At least not from Yuzu's side.

That is what kills me. It kills me that Yuzu doesn't really seem to have anyone in his corner. I expected this betrayal from a lot of people, but regardless of the true status of their friendship, those six to seven years training together should be more than enough for Javi to know Yuzu's true character--he'd never make excuses for anything. Whenever he has a bad skate, he never mentions his injury or his asthma or any other factors affecting him and always says that he'll work even harder next time. Yuzu acknowledging the freak hole on the ice and mentioning his ankle injury after a loss is a very recent development. This is why this hurts so much. Out of all people, Javi should know better.

Well, either way. I had given Javi the benefit of the doubt multiple times, but this is truly inexcusable. Even if you don't like the guy very much, you don't just essentially call him a liar on national TV (when you know he's anything but), especially since he's done nothing but compliment and support you throughout the years.

All this!!! And I'd like to add too; Yuzuru mentioned in one of the dvds that he expected and was ready for a rivalry like Yagudin vs Plushenko who shared a rink, but was pleasantly surprised and happy instead with Javi (seeming) being so nice...so it sucks, but isnt too shocking...yay 2022 season.

1 minute ago, Melodie said:

So he brought extra trouble to both Evgenia and Yuzuru? What a friend he is

Yup. Great "friend".

On 2/20/2022 at 9:55 PM, Henni147 said:

I agree with all this, but what really hit me about this particular commentary is that he basically exposed Yuzu to more potential harassment and reputational damage, questioning his class and integrity as an athlete.

This more than just some jealousy among competitors. This is really cruel if you think about it.

this is one of the reasons why it's absolutely vile and unforgivable and why i said he's cancelled (smth that i don't say easily) and why i hope that fanyus won't ever forget it. As if Yuzu hasn't been emotionally and mentally abused enough already. Wait until Jpn trash media picks this up and starts stirring more shit,his antis were already wilding the other day. I mean i have LOTS of things to say but i tried to keep it mild altho my blood is boiling. It's nasty shit like this why Yuzu is competing visibly ill in the face (Stockholm) or with his ankles damaged without saying a word. Fvcking VILE,these ppl who do this to him are standing at the gates of hell as we speak

There were 2 commentators for the live Sp in my country,one of them was an ex skater that's been commentating fs for many years . When the incident happened the one who wasn't a skater was like ''Wah,what a mistake how" and the one who was a skater immediately said there wasn't a mistake,but that Yuzu's blade definitely must've been caught in a hole in the ice,incredible bad-luck....and he said that right there on spot while Yuzu was continuing his performance,without even seeing a reply,without seeing an ACTUAL HD PICTURE of the hole that the entire world has now seen......enough said

btw if anyone plans to interact with/drag Fernandez on twitter when he will tweet smth,don't do it in his replies,do it in his quote retweets.  Because i've heard that QRTs don't count for engagement (not absolutely sure if that's true,but why not do it this way in case that's how it is). Ofc that goes not only for Fernandez but also for other vicious clowns (iSu,H*rsh,T$L etc),it's better to hit them where it hurts them the most.(and by this i'm NOT suggesting you should go drag him/these ppl. Personally,i prefer the way of giving them zero engagement unless absolutely necessary,but i know that fans are rightfully angry right now,and some folks won't be able to hold themselves back no matter what,so in that case at least do it in his qrts and he won't be able to benefit from it.) 

A bit off topic but not too much as it relates to Yuzu having a heart of gold.

Recently someone on Reddit mentioned Yuzuru being the "Keanu Reeves" of figure skaters when it comes to being a gent and never badmouthing anyone, and I just loved the comparison so much I had to share.

Edit: This could actually be one of you on Reddit haha

5 минут назад, wildstrawberry сказал:

это одна из причин, почему это абсолютно мерзко и непростительно, и почему я сказал, что его отменили (что-то, что мне нелегко сказать), и почему я надеюсь, что фанюс никогда этого не забудет. Как будто Юдзу недостаточно эмоционально и морально оскорбили. Подождите, пока японские мусорные СМИ подхватят это и начнут мутить еще больше дерьма, его анти уже разбушевались на днях. Я имею в виду, что у меня есть МНОГО вещей, чтобы сказать, но я старался говорить мягко, хотя моя кровь кипит. Вот такая гадость, почему Юдзу соревнуется с явно больным лицом (Стокгольм) или с поврежденными лодыжками, не говоря ни слова. Черт возьми, эти люди, которые делают это с ним, стоят у ворот ада, пока мы говорим

В моей стране было 2 комментатора живого выступления Sp, один из них был бывшим фигуристом, который много лет комментировал fs. Когда произошел инцидент, тот, кто не был скейтером, сказал: «Вау, какая ошибка, как», а тот, кто был скейтбордистом, сразу сказал, что это не ошибка, но что лезвие Юдзу определенно застряло. дыра во льду, невероятное невезение....и он сказал это тут же, на месте, пока Юдзу продолжал свое выступление, даже не увидев ответа, не увидев РЕАЛЬНУЮ HD КАРТИНУ дыры, которую сейчас имеет весь мир видел......достаточно сказал

Кстати, если кто-то планирует взаимодействовать/перетаскивать Фернандеса в твиттере, не делайте этого в его ответах, делайте это в ретвитах цитат. Потому что я слышал, что QRT не учитываются для участия (не совсем уверен, что это правда, но почему бы не сделать это так, если это так). Конечно, это касается не только Фернандеса, но и других злобных клоунов (iSu, H*rsh, T$L и т. д.), лучше бить их там, где им больнее всего.

Even Kurt Browning at the speech immediately said that the only reason why Yuzuru did not take off could only be a blade stuck in the ice.

4 minutes ago, TokyoDream said:

A bit off topic but not too much as it relates to Yuzu having a heart of gold.

Recently someone on Reddit mentioned Yuzuru being the "Keanu Reeves" of figure skaters when it comes to being a gent and never badmouthing anyone, and I just loved the comparison so much I had to share.

they're also equally as mysterious LMAO 

6 minutes ago, Nataliya05 said:

Even Kurt Browning at the speech immediately said that the only reason why Yuzuru did not take off could only be a blade stuck in the ice.

yeah,i've heard that Kurt also said it,that's why i thought to mention that he wasn't even the only one....not that it even counts that much now that everybody has seen the picture of the hole

Yikes Javier, this was so disappointing. 

A lot of people are showing their true colors, huh? I personally prefer to know the truth even if it may upset me. But not sure about Yuzu. It seems like he trusts Javier, they were never true friends, but Javier seemed to be an important presence for Yuzu. And i just remembered Brian talking about Yuzu's 'i just miss Javiii' episode :smiley-sad058: 
There is part of me that wants Yuzu to know about this. Even if it might disappoint him, he can at least know what the teammate he respects so much truly thinks about him and shares in on national television. 

2 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

“What Fernandez said is not surprising in the least to anyone who has read/listened to his interviews (especially those in Spanish) for the Spanish/western press vs his interviews for Japanese media for years. It was pretty clear long time ago how two faced and bitter he is and tbh to me he reeked of envy re: Yuzu's popularity and monetary gains in particular”

Yes there was a swing between ‘we are good feinds’ and ‘we are not that close’ which made me confused like please decide which is it?!

now we know...

2 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

I'm sorry,but i do want Yuzu to see this. It will hurt maybe (altho i kind of think that he already knows Fernandez's deal by now,B*ston was a taste of this and he surely realized some things then),but it is necessary to be fully aware of how some ppl really are and to really stay away from them.

I’m sure yuzu knows/noticed and i believe he always kept the optimum distance.

What happened in Boston?

Yeah, I've had a negative impression of Fernandez ever since I watched his Inform Robinson interview (I think there's English subtitle available? I speak some Spanish so it was ok to follow). It was overly dramatized, but also, Javi was dropping shades like "if there's an issue between me and Hanyu, it's not from me".

Poor Yuzu - but better now than never. At least he has millions of people who love him unconditionally (and also great people like Shizu-chan and Nobu who always speak for all of us).

Geez, seriously? This is heartbreak after heartbreak! Now I'm conflicted. I want him to go back in Japan and never compete again because every time he appears apparently there is some enemy that comes out.

On the other hand I want him to go to Worlds without 4A and win that sh!t show just because. (Of course I don't want him to go if he is hurt).

I hope that next Fantasy on ice he will ask "hey which foreign skater will you invite?" and when he reads JF and JW names he says "nope, not coming, sayounara, I'm not skating with them. Have fun with your empty seats at the show". I'm bitter tonight!

I guess his popularity makes the worst come out of people. Maybe it's our fault? We love him too much and the other skaters need attention or they will become 5 years old?

I'm sure Yuzu is aware of who his friends are and who uses him for popularity in order to get skating jobs in Japan. We are not privy to the private details of his interactions with anyone, so we don't know how much he actually invests in these relationships. I'd be wary of making any assumptions based on tv commentary. He would know what was or was not real over the years he dealt with people. But, that's just imho. Best not to jump to conclusions.

An extract from the post-gala interview says:

"Because I've not received the rewards of my efforts, the me who accepts that can now be happy. The difficult grind is starting again, and I feel a bit lonely. I need to recover my ankle. I've given my best effort, and my body needs to heal, and after that I will decide whats next"

While I'm glad he says he's happy I'm not sure what he means by the bit in bold? I mean he sure had a very lonely couple of years but I'm not sure how to interpret that one exactly. Obviously it sucks to read he feels lonely 🐼🐼 :(

8 minutes ago, TokyoDream said:

An extract from the post-gala interview says:

"Because I've not received the rewards of my efforts, the me who accepts that can now be happy. The difficult grind is starting again, and I feel a bit lonely. I need to recover my ankle. I've given my best effort, and my body needs to heal, and after that I will decide whats next"

While I'm glad he says he's happy I'm not sure what he means by the bit in bold? I mean he sure had a very lonely couple of years but I'm not sure how to interpret that one exactly. Obviously it sucks to read he feels lonely 🐼🐼 :(

If he continues to compete, i would love for him to go to TCC ( for some of the time anyway), and see his coaches after 2 years b/c If he needs inspiration and help with loneliness, surely training with Rika Kihira and finding inspiration together would be beneficial. I always wished they could train together. I think they'd train well together, actually.

Spoiler

Yuzuru didn't only not badmouth Javi, he called him "Kind" and "almost too kind to be a competitor". He said he missed Javi, he owed everything he won to Javi, he wished he could still be competing against Javi, he couldn't do it without Javi - and most significantly he also said to Javi "I will respect you forever" (what high praise indeed).

It's a shame Javi cannot do the same for Yuzuru. Respect is not what was shown in that commentary (unless everyone and their dog has misunderstood the meaning of what Javi said, which seems unlikely) and he made some comments about being "best friends" with Yuzu  and wanting to hug Yuzu recently, after being clear after the Olympics that they were not close friends at all. This really does smack of wanting to keep in with Yuzu for the obvious financial benefits of skating in Japan, and maybe Yuzu agreeing to skate for ROI (which I admit I really wanted to happen as it's only a short hop for me to Spain). It just makes me more proud of Yuzuru and his own kind and professional behaviour when it comes to (not) talking about others. It might be a "mean girl" sport as another satellite called it, thank goodness Yuzu doesn't show this trait  (maybe he thinks mean things, who doesn't sometimes) - he has shown such wisdom despite his young age throughout his senior career, keeping his own counsel about others, but trying to be honest about himself and his situations, including hole-in-ice incident. Yuzu tells these things more now to try to prevent criticism I think, because he gets hurt by that.

Yuzuru WILL be hurt by this - he is very sensitive. He wont just stop being sensitive, and this is Javi we are talking about!! I'd have preferred him not to know I think...but then being forewarned is being forearmed. Poor Yuzuru - WE love you lots Yuzu!!!

EDIT just read Liv's comment - yes Yuzu is clever and will know what is going on with relationships I am sure.  BUT he has said an awful lot of really nice things about Javi hasn't he....I believe he missed him lots when Javi retired.

Just some of my initial thoughts under spoiler re Javi commentary...always prepared to change my mind though!!